Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-08-2013, 03:10 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

grape juice at standard level
Default Car Audio Opinions

Hi Guys,

Few quick questions regarding car audio, i'll start by detailing my current situation followed by hopeful outcome.

Car: 2005 sti

Current audio:
Standard speakers front and rear running off a 'decent' pioneer head unit
Parts at my house:
Monoblock Amp and copius amounts of RCA's cabling, power/earthing cabling etc etc

My plan:
1) Pick up a 4 channel amp and sub.
2) Run the standard speakers off the 4 channel amp
3) Utilise the mono to power the sub
4) All the while utilising all the left over/spare cabling from previous stereo installs

I'm budgetting about $300 ish for the amp and sub (friends have bulk second hand stuff available) and i'm assuming i'd be looking at around $200-300 if i paid some one to install it (please correct me if i'm wrong).

My questions:
1) How well will the standard speakers fair when amped and run through the head unit. (A subjective question, but just looking for a little more punch and bass)
2) Are wrx/sti's nightmares to wire
3) Any places NOR that any one would recommend for cheap installation.
4) If my pricing/budgetting is ball park will the sound gains be worth the $300ish to do it myself.
5) If my pricing/budgetting is ball park is the $300ish worth getting some one else to install it. (I can probably do it myself, just would take me a while i havent done a subi before)

P.s if this plan went ahead my cash is good and my beer is cold for any one who wanted to lend a hand . Else i'll get my nissan technicians (friends) to pitch in.

"All in relation to nothing. Nothing in relation to infinity. A central point to both, And infinitely far from understanding either."

Tags
audio, car, opinions, speakers