Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree269Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Koby at standard level

also @trolley just curious with what tyres and rims set up you went with on your car it looks nice
Old 02-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koby View Post
also @trolley just curious with what tyres and rims set up you went with on your car it looks nice
Cheers

Tyres: Yokohama S-Drive 225/40/18
Rims: Rota DPT (Gunmetal) 18 x 8.5 +44
Old 09-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Duffman at standard level

Just saw these Prodrive 19" rims with 33% off on Subaru UK shop site and all I can say is fwaaaa!!!

Alloy Silver GT2 Wheel
Old 09-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Subaru Tech Division

kid at standard level

fucking groce
TROLLEY, MY00GC8 and DukeDrifter like this.
Old 20-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Az-T at standard level

So I'm probably going to get shot for the following question ( I have tried to search but failed)

I have an 05 wrx wagon and its time for new rubber but I'm thinking I might just go all out and upgrade the rims whilst I'm at it.

My problem starts when trying to find out what offsets I can actually fit on my wagon ,,, I'm looking at an 18x8 wheel and want the stance to be a little more aggressive without having to do major fender work

Any advise would be greatly appreciated or even a link to the appropriate page for the wagon owners .
Old 20-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Sir AntiLag

crawl3r at standard level

i play the stance game and personally the best size i recon for us subi guys to run stanced cars but also get function is to run something like the following

18x8.5 +35
18x9 +38
18x9.5 +38

these rims sizes here will give you a nice aggressive look...you will need to run a bit of camber depending on how low you go...if you want some flush fitment i would recommend somthing like the 18x8.5 +35....as you can jst runa bit of camber and it will sit pretty flush.

now tyres sizes....again depending on how low you want to go will depend on this...if you want to drop it hard i would suggest going for a 225/40 or 235/40 tyre....this will be a little stretched but let you run your car lower with no rubbing.

If you arnt going to run it crazy low then go wide with something like a 255/40 that way you will have good road contact and happy times on the track. If you can post a picture of something that you want your car to look like it will give us a better idea on to how to advise you on making you car look like that

There are gonna be haters of the stance thing but fuck them....when people think stance they straight away think those hell gay cars that are running like 10 degrees camber.....the whole point of having a stanced car is to make it look aggressive and with the right sizes you can do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az-T View Post
So I'm probably going to get shot for the following question ( I have tried to search but failed)

I have an 05 wrx wagon and its time for new rubber but I'm thinking I might just go all out and upgrade the rims whilst I'm at it.

My problem starts when trying to find out what offsets I can actually fit on my wagon ,,, I'm looking at an 18x8 wheel and want the stance to be a little more aggressive without having to do major fender work

Any advise would be greatly appreciated or even a link to the appropriate page for the wagon owners .
squid likes this.

Last edited by crawl3r; 20-01-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 20-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Az-T at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl3r View Post
i play the stance game and personally the best size i recon for us subi guys to run stanced cars but also get function is to run something like the following

18x8.5 +35
18x9 +38
18x9.5 +38

these rims sizes here will give you a nice aggressive look...you will need to run a bit of camber depending on how low you go...if you want some flush fitment i would recommend somthing like the 18x8.5 +35....as you can jst runa bit of camber and it will sit pretty flush.

now tyres sizes....again depending on how low you want to go will depend on this...if you want to drop it hard i would suggest going for a 225/40 or 235/40 tyre....this will be a little stretched but let you run your car lower with no rubbing.

If you arnt going to run it crazy low then go wide with something like a 255/40 that way you will have good road contact and happy times on the track. If you can post a picture of something that you want your car to look like it will give us a better idea on to how to advise you on making you car look like that

There are gonna be haters of the stance thing but fuck them....when people think stance they straight away think those hell gay cars that are running like 10 degrees camber.....the whole point of having a stanced car is to make it look aggressive and with the right sizes you can do this

Do these sizes suit a wagon though if they do I'm very pleased as it means a lot more rim choice than I though I had
Old 20-01-2013, 11:32 PM
Sir AntiLag

crawl3r at standard level

Az-T likes this.

Last edited by crawl3r; 19-09-2013 at 09:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to crawl3r For This Useful Post:
Az-T (20-01-2013)
Old 21-01-2013, 06:00 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

mattmy99 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az-T View Post

Go here.
http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanic...ent-guide.html
Old 21-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Subaru Tech Division

DukeDrifter knows their stuff

Will rota svn 18x9.5 with +44 offset fit standard Wrx with guards rolled and camber bolts ?

Tags
cr kai, fo real, post, rim job, rims, tino is a midget