Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Evolution R (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/evolution-r/)
-   -   Vipec PnP for 94-95, 97-98, 99-00, 01-07 Wrex (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/evolution-r/42278-vipec-pnp-94-95-97-98-99-00-01-07-wrex.html)

STI325V6 17-05-2011 09:57 AM

I have been running this ECU in my V6 Sti for nearly a year now and it has not missed a beat!!

johnvk7 17-05-2011 10:11 AM

[QUOTE=axle;566510]Quoting including setup and tune I think is very responsible. I would be asking other vendors for their price including tune. This is the total cost to drive away with a well set up ecu.

The price of the ecu as a stand alone unit is fairly irrelevant if set up costs vary a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Some of us are quite capable of setting up our own cars, so why wouldn't I want a price just for the unit?
Also, some people may want to buy the unit and take it else where for install/tuning.

mao 17-05-2011 12:28 PM

Guys I am going away tonight so replies will be delayed. Sorry. Will answer asap.

mao 18-05-2011 04:58 PM

Yes I believe so. Will approach Ray Hall and see if he allows it.

I believe that if this happens, might have to set up a Vi-pec ecu thread in this forum.

[QUOTE=johnvk7;566523]Some of us are quite capable of setting up our own cars, so why wouldn't I want a price just for the unit?
Also, some people may want to buy the unit and take it else where for install/tuning.[/QUOTE]

mao 18-05-2011 04:59 PM

Will ask and see if Ray allows it.

[QUOTE=redlib;566431]how much for just the unit?[/QUOTE]

mao 18-05-2011 05:02 PM

Yes you are right, it is the Link board, but not entirely the same stuff on the board(not for me to disclose). Big difference between the two: software features and support on the Vi-pec is off this world. And you've got Ray Hall right behind this product.

[QUOTE=johnvk7;566474]If I'm not mistaken, this is a Link G4 with a different sticker. So I would like to see price alone too, for comparison[/QUOTE]

mao 29-05-2011 07:44 PM

The Vipec was developed to my specification and uses a lot of the features associated with the Autronic ECU. I wanted a ECU that was better then the Autronic in areas that had caused me and my dealers a lot of frustration when tuning. The Vipec works just as I requested, and as can be seen from this forum and other feedback the product is very good. If I had stayed with Autronic, and had not influenced the design of the Vipec, the Link product would not be close to the way it is now, which is a re-badged Vipec.

The Vipec comes with mine and the Vipec dealers support. If you want that support, then you have to pay for it.

Ray.

From the horses mouth.

RRP for P.WRX members is A$1950 who want to tune themselves.
RRP for P.WRX members fitted and tuned --- A$2500

mao 18-06-2011 05:59 PM

re: Vipec Tune Results of WRX with stock STi engine

Hi Guys,

We have just tuned 03 STi Stock engine, breathing n intercooler mods only. Power was achieved @1.2 bar of boost maxing with 271.9hp.

We were about to go for 300hp but the standard factory 8 pound spring turbo actuator wiouldn't allow it. Time for an actuator upgrade I suppose.

Do your comparisons but Vi-pec rules!!!

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6569/dsc00754k.jpg[/IMG]

RoughStilin 18-06-2011 10:34 PM

Mao,

Silly question, can you explain the charts a little? It terms of correlation between the different lines on the chart please.

I assume its for different boost pressures? You have done a great job to get that power from 1.2 bar. As you well know mine only made 252 hp and 370 nm on 1.5 bar manifold pressure.

Also what ate the flat lines / dips on the torque @ 3800 and the hp @ 4500?

Cheers Pal !!!!

mao 18-06-2011 10:48 PM

The dips were from 2 things:

1) On the avg STi, the actuator has an 8 pound spring. We boosted this car to 1.2bar after which the turbo boost was weening off. Basically, the actuator spring doesn't hold boost well after 1.2 bar. Even though we maxed out the boost duty cycle on the Vi-pec, the actuator could not keep up.

** Vipec allows duty cycle tuning of the solenoid, which means we can spool your turbo up earlier and more effectively. That's the difference between your last tune and the Vi-pec tune.

2) The variable cam caused the flat at 4600rpm, as you can see we tried to rectify that on the last run yellow line but the limitations of the turbo actuator prevented us ffom going on.

Basically, a HKS actuator upgrade is needed for this turbo, to get the most out of this engine.

3) The left graph is Torque and the right graph is HP. We did 6 runs for this tune and the base power of this engine was at 215hp.

I will show you the Torque and boost curve graphs on the comparison chart that would be consistent with your previous tune. Will be glad to share the info with you when you are back, but will hold back some of it in public as it is 'Vi-pec's n customers only' info.

Can't wait to dyno your car Simon. Will go for a nice break after that.

Regards,
Mao