Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Vendors and Sponsors > Evolution R
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 08:54 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

RedMY01Owen at standard level

My car was tuned at ASG and made 289HP (old dyno settings), when a power run was done at Evo-R it made 268HP.

I was there when both WOT power runs were done, no fiddling with settings or changes to the tune were made between runs. That being said, the runs were spaced around 3 months apart (I don't remember the exact details but I believe the original tune was done around July and the power run in October).

The tune from ASG was awesome, did everything I wanted it to and the car ran amazingly - Sean is a great tuner. Warrick is also a great tuner and has many proven results, plus has been more than willing to explain his method and many other aspects of tuning to me. I doubt you'll find many complaints from people who have used either, most of the 'complaints' come from people who haven't even used the tuner.

A number from a dyno is just that, a number, don't get mad because someone says they have 300HP, just go read NASIOC and you'll realise just how stupid the numbers can get.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

This is Evo R's thank you thread put up kindly by some customers.

Any doubts or discussions of Dyno accuracy, please contact Dynapack direct.
Any tuning doubts, by all means come for a power run and will be happy to chat.

Will leave it at that.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Well said and totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMY01Owen View Post
My car was tuned at ASG and made 289HP (old dyno settings), when a power run was done at Evo-R it made 268HP.

I was there when both WOT power runs were done, no fiddling with settings or changes to the tune were made between runs. That being said, the runs were spaced around 3 months apart (I don't remember the exact details but I believe the original tune was done around July and the power run in October).

The tune from ASG was awesome, did everything I wanted it to and the car ran amazingly - Sean is a great tuner. Warrick is also a great tuner and has many proven results, plus has been more than willing to explain his method and many other aspects of tuning to me. I doubt you'll find many complaints from people who have used either, most of the 'complaints' come from people who haven't even used the tuner.

A number from a dyno is just that, a number, don't get mad because someone says they have 300HP, just go read NASIOC and you'll realise just how stupid the numbers can get.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:11 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
Just to clear things up, our dyno does not read more than others....
So last year when I picked up my car after getting my sway bars put on and a wheel alignment (where I later found out that my front right wheel was adjusted to +1 degrees camber thanks to John @ Wheels World), you deny telling me that my car would "probably read about 280hp on our dyno" and saying that it reads 20-30hp more than ASG's while discussing my power figures??

Why the holy hell would I make that up?! To jog your memory, this was when you had your laptop plugged into my OBD port and was pulling my tune down for me so that I could forward it to Intra (in order for him to check out the MAF scaling problems I incurred with CAI, and also to look at the throttle lag/drive by wire problem the 08+ suffers from).

Why would you be defensive about what I said? Why does it even matter if there is a difference? I thought it was normal for dynos to be different?

Last edited by TROLLEY; 05-09-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Wow.... since when did I put a tune in your vehicle?? Please forward me an invoice for the tune therwise it will be slander and you will be hearing from my lawyers.

Thread will be locked now. Waiting for invoice and proof. You will be hearing from me soon.

Warick and John are great mates. Will also speak to John tmr.

Tags
50 shades of mitch, apexi turbo timer, evo, evolution, evolution r, mao, thread, warick, warrick