Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Motorsport > F1 Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Sir AntiLag

MadDocker at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX. View Post
I feel for the guy. That would just be torture, not knowing if your season - or possibly career - was over.
Or if righty was going to pull through...
Old 07-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Sir AntiLag

cowboydave at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKVIGTI View Post
Was such a shame to hear about it and was stunned over the last few years that Renult have allowed him to take the risk and compete in Rallies.

On the flip side there will be one lucky driver out there that gets a career lifeline out of it. My tip is the Hulk. Not sure if he will ever be as good as Kubica was looking but he deserved to be treated better than he was after the qualy effort in Brazil last year.
I think it would more likely be Senna from what I have read, I think he comes with more $$ than hulk which is usually the seeling point these days.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Subaru Tech Division

johnvk7 at standard level

Maybe Daniel Ricciardo will get a go, seeing as there is a Red Bull/Renault connection. He's also very fast, times as quick if not quicker then Vettel at Abu Dhabi. Be good to see a Perth boy in an F1 race!
2010 XR5 Focus
06 Impreza Hatch 2.0i
Old 07-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboydave View Post
I think it would more likely be Senna from what I have read, I think he comes with more $$ than hulk which is usually the seeling point these days.
Petrov is the pay driver. They need someone who can be the number one and put in some respectable performances. If the car is even close I'd expect to see some cracker drives from the Hulk. He has had a taste ( impressed the bosses to ) and knows it is all over if he cocks up this chance. Can't see Senna ever delivering so although the money would be handy I really can't see them going two pay drivers.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Hey here's a curve ball. Wonder if the Renalt is looking the goods weather Red Bull might twist Webber's arm and put him at Renalt and get Ricciardo in as number 2 at Red Bull.

Might save a crap load of politics and headaches later in the year. The Renalt would have to look the goods for him to agree to it though.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:26 PM
STI Master

fatboy at standard level

Have a go at this, looks like the armco came right through the car!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78smQ...e_gdata_player

Very nasty, and he is very lucky to be alive!

Look up WA Trackdays on Facebook
Old 18-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...D=400436&FS=F1

This is a repost of the whole article:

Jaime Alguersuari has predicted "war" with his Toro Rosso teammate Sebastien Buemi this year.

"This year will be war between Buemi and me," the Spanish driver said during an interview with Marca.

Team owner Red Bull's driver manager Helmut Marko has appointed Australian Daniel Ricciardo to be Toro Rosso's Friday runner this season, amid strong indications that he will make his race debut in 2012.

Alguersuari added: "I am surely competing with him (Buemi) this year to be the one who will go to Red Bull (in 2012), with Ricciardo to get one of our seats."

The 20-year-old's comments are at odds with those of Red Bull team boss Christian Horner, who said on Wednesday that it is possible Mark Webber will stay beyond his new one-year contract.

Sebastian Vettel, meanwhile, has been musing about a switch to Ferrari.

"I see myself at Red Bull," Alguersuari continued. "I want to win, not be finishing in 17th. I want to be a second faster per lap and braking 20 metres later."

As for his views on the 2011 season, he commented: "For me, the most complete driver is Fernando Alonso. However, Red Bull are able to take advantage with their car.

"I think it will be a game between those two, Red Bull and Ferrari, from the beginning to the end," added Alguersuari.
Old 18-02-2011, 12:07 AM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

And also, from:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sp...-1226004213271

Repost of whole article:

Australian Toro Rosso test driver Daniel Ricciardo impressed on the first day of pre-season testing, finishing fourth fastest, one second quicker than Toro Rosso's fulltime driver Jamie Alquersuari.

Touted by many as the next Australian to secure a full time drive in Formula One, Ricciardo did himself a world of good on Thursday, lapping the Jerez circuit in 1m21.755 seconds, just two-tenths slower than compatriot Mark Webber in third.

Ricciardo will fulfil Friday practice and test duties for the 'other Red Bull team', Toro Rosso in 2011, but may find himself in a race seat sooner if the young Aussie can continue to out-perform the Toro Rosso full time drivers.

All of the drivers on day one of the pre-season test bore messages of support for injured F1 Renault driver Robert Kubica, who looks certain to miss most of the 2011 season following his monster rally crash in Italy.

Lotus Renault will evaluate Nick Heidfeld, Bruno Senna and Pedro De La Rosa as possible replacements for Kubica during the four day test, with Nick Heidfeld most likely to take the spot

So following on from that bold text: I know it's testing and that car setups are far from ideal now, but to be getting those lap times is great for Dan, especially looking at who's behind him on the list of final times! Long way to go, but this is very promising.

Last edited by ALEX.; 18-02-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Old 18-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Subaru Tech Division

I don't think the two Torro Rosso boys will be at "War" long enough to dig the trenches before Ricciardo replaces one of them.

Can't see Vettel moving to Ferrari before Alonso leaves. I give Alonso this year and next before he is looking to go somewhere else after failing to win a championship with Ferrari.

If Alonso leaves cos the car isn't delivering would Vettel still go??? I'm not sure but I'm sure most of them would be happy to have a year or two of being there or there abouts for the size pay check Ferrari dish out and hope the car comes good.

Either way I think Ferrari is more interested in Kubica ( if he ever gets back to the level he was )
Old 18-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Great news about Ricciardo! Those other 2 clowns are history if he is a full second quicker than them in their car!

Tags
2011, f1