Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Motorsport > F1 Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 07:49 AM
STI Master

fatboy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post
Team bloody orders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by axle View Post
Just about punched the tv when I heard "maintain gap". What a joke. They have been slowing his car all season to prevent this I reckon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsv4rce View Post
Yeah Mark did well to hold back which is not him at all, speaks his mind.

Not needed on Red Bull's part...but sadly, to be expected

On a lighter note, well done to Dan for at least staying out there and seeing his first GP out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint_23 View Post
Don't get me wrong here fellas, i WAS a huge MW fan, but i think my little sister could do a better job getting the thing off the line (she can even do hill starts!)

About time Webber pissed off and the let Kobayashi in the seat i think!

I know i am about to get flamed for that but they might as well, if not Koby I am available, i can drive slower than Vettel just like Webber does!

Look up WA Trackdays on Facebook
Old 11-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
Don't get me wrong here fellas, i WAS a huge MW fan, but i think my little sister could do a better job getting the thing off the line (she can even do hill starts!)
Did you watch the replays??? Webber was near enough makes no difference to the half dozen cars behind him. The only one who got a cracker start was Vettel.

I'd imagine starting on a completely dry track with intermediate tyres is not something many of them have practiced to often.

When was the last time you ran at the drags. Unless your managing <1.8sec 60 foot's in a wrx/sti you've got a bit to learn to.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:34 AM
STI Master

fatboy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKVIGTI View Post
Did you watch the replays??? Webber was near enough makes no difference to the half dozen cars behind him. The only one who got a cracker start was Vettel.

I'd imagine starting on a completely dry track with intermediate tyres is not something many of them have practiced to often.

When was the last time you ran at the drags. Unless your managing <1.8sec 60 foot's in a wrx/sti you've got a bit to learn to.
Didn't really matter did if it was only Vettel or everyone else in the end did it, he was still second come the first corner, and he was on the clean side vettel on the dirty (more of a dis advantage in wet greasy conditions!)

I will give him this, my mates predicted he would be third by the end of the first lap so that is one above where we thought!

As i said on Facebook last night, not bad for a number 2 driver, number 2 on the car and number 2 on the road! (and number 2 at starting!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKVIGTI View Post

Yay for him being the second fastest red bull driver!!!!!!

I understand national pride, and as i said i was his no 1 fan, but it's time to F OFF!

Look up WA Trackdays on Facebook
Old 11-07-2011, 09:46 AM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

He consistantly has bad starts though. Kobayashi would hand out the chop in a decent car. Putting on the Australiana hat, would be great to see Dan roll into the #2 chair for 2012 .
Old 11-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

I'd be interested in seeing if Webber used his KERS off the line!? Or if he had KERS available as Vettel definitely did... His launch wasn't actually that far off Vettel's but Vettel had a 2nd jump when he activated his KERS as did Fernando behind him... But Mark didn't seem to have that 2nd kick from the KERS although he did have it later in the race?

Despite Webber saying he ignored the team orders and kept chasing Vettel, I have no doubt he could easily have made, or at least attempted to make a pass in the last lap, but held back as he knew he'd been instructed not to pass.

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 11-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy S View Post
I'd be interested in seeing if Webber used his KERS off the line!? Or if he had KERS available as Vettel definitely did... His launch wasn't actually that far off Vettel's but Vettel had a 2nd jump when he activated his KERS as did Fernando behind him... But Mark didn't seem to have that 2nd kick from the KERS although he did have it later in the race?
Was a shame they never did a replay form Webber's car. Much as I hate the twat Vettel's start was perfect and just awesome to watch especially with the telemetry up.

Yes Webber's Kers was working later in the race and I wonder is he chose not to use it thinking he would either get wheel spin on the inters or save it for later in the lap. Remember it is a very short run to turn one at Silverstone.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:33 AM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Congrats to Ricciardo for beating Jenson Button in his first GP
Old 23-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Way to go Webber!!!

Bout time we had an exciting qualy rather than the usual Vettel cake walk. Props to Hammy to. There is no way he should be able to lift that car a whole second over Button.

Good to see Dan only 2 hundredths of Luizzi.
Old 23-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

Yeah it was great to see Dan so close. That will be a confidence booster for him. From all the reports I've read, Dan's main challenge is tyre management. If he can get his head around that, we'll really see what he can do in the races in the second half of this season.

And yeah, a great lap from Hamchops. So close to pipping Webber. That guy can drive; the McLarens are not on the same level as the Bulls overall but Lewis showed that stringing together a 'perfect' lap can get count for a lot.

Also, does anyone else hate Daryl Beattie's 'commentating'? It's a joke. A mute could construct a better sentence than him. And quicker too.
Old 25-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Gay.

Tags
2011, f1