Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   F1 Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/f1-discussion/)
-   -   Formula 1 Season 2012 (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/f1-discussion/47999-formula-1-season-2012-a.html)

TheDoctor 18-03-2012 09:27 PM

[QUOTE=Saint_23;661746]Racing = Win

Very happy to see Dan Ricciardo score some points. It was great to see lots of good racing for a change.

Channel 10 broadcast = fail

Greg Rust is a twat. I hate the way he pronounces Ricciardo as "Ricardo". How hard is it to get it right?

And what was with the morning breakfast couch with some random presenters interviewing washed
Australian idol rejects like Rob Mills?!??! What the fuck did any of that have to do with F1???[/QUOTE]

Coming over from NZ and having to get used to the coverage here has been painful. Back home we just get the BBC commentary the whole way through from start to finish no annoying panelists and only one ad break.

98kellrs 18-03-2012 09:40 PM

[QUOTE=TheDoctor;661807]Coming over from NZ and having to get used to the coverage here has been painful. Back home we just get the BBC commentary the whole way through from start to finish no annoying panelists and only one ad break.[/QUOTE]

Yup I miss the BBC commentary too, although they are blatantly gunning for the likes of Button & Hamilton so Aussie viewers might whine about lack of Webber worshiping.

Good race, shame about that dude on the last lap, but hey that's racing! I haven't watched it in a good few years and it was good to see some decent overtaking happening, especially on a street circuit.

Luigi 18-03-2012 10:35 PM

[QUOTE=monkeee;661768]When Dave watches the F1, he wants the F1. Period. :D

How to pronounce Ricciardo: Rik-e-ar-do.[/QUOTE]

According to Greg "Rusty" Rust he has spoken to Daniels Parents and they said they pronounce it "Ricardo" hence why the Sky commentary boys Martin and David say Ricardo as well.

Being from an Italian background it should be pronounced Rik-e-ar-do.

tarmac 18-03-2012 11:01 PM

My favorite bit was when kimi said F1 was easier than WRC

tommo 18-03-2012 11:02 PM

I used to race against him in karts and always thought it was pronounced Ricardo.. As the commentators say it..

Top-Deck 19-03-2012 10:17 AM

SOO happy the F1s are back on, especially seeing two Aussies race in competetive cars! Great work to Webber for his best finish in Aus (pity about his terrible start though!) and huge effort from Ricciardo to fight back from his poor start as well :) it seems he has definitely got the goods for the gig and nice to see him stay so switched on right up until the very end ;) refreshing to see someone as excited as he was after finishing 9th too!
Looks to be the most tightly fought season in a while, bring on the next race already!! :D

p.s- my respect for Alonso continues to grow with each race, that guy is incredible in a car that is clearly well off the pace!

monkeee 19-03-2012 02:09 PM

[QUOTE=Luigi;661845]According to Greg "Rusty" Rust he has spoken to Daniels Parents and they said they pronounce it "Ricardo" hence why the Sky commentary boys Martin and David say Ricardo as well.

Being from an Italian background it should be pronounced Rik-e-ar-do.[/QUOTE]

Weirdly I heard this from a few friends as well...now im confused. :confused:

muggz 19-03-2012 02:20 PM

From a news conference in 2011:

[QUOTE]Q: (Mike Doodson – Honorary) Daniel, some of us find it intriguing that your name is written one way and you pronounce it another way. Have you considered going back to pronouncing it the way that generations of Ricciardos presumably did in the old country? After all, it could be an important factor when Ferrari comes knocking on your door in a few years time.
DR: An interesting question. I guess that growing up in Australia, coming from an English speaking country, to try and get people to say it as the Italians would, to roll the R and give it the expression, it doesn’t really come out the same way. I will always be known as saying Riccardo and you sort of cross out the second i. In Italy – as my father is Sicilian – they will say Ricciardo or however an Italian would say it, probably. So yeah, I say Riccardo because it’s a bit easier for most people. That’s how it was but I guess the Italians are more than welcome to say it how it probably is meant to be said.[/QUOTE]

So basically if you can say it properly then its ''Ricciardo'' but if you cant do that ''Ricardo'' will suffice.. pretty simple really
I can sympathise with him as my nickname is easier to say than my real name :p

b32 19-03-2012 02:23 PM

No different to how people say Vettel 2 different ways :)

teejay 19-03-2012 02:27 PM

[QUOTE=muggz;662028]From a news conference in 2011:

So basically if you can say it properly then its ''Ricciardo'' but if you cant do that ''Ricardo'' will suffice.. pretty simple really
I can sympathise with him as my nickname is easier to say than my real name :p[/QUOTE]

I feel ya

TJ easier than tomislav jasdwdfjkwefwewejfcdwejfjewfjcwercvjwdevic