Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Personal Classifieds > The Former Workshops Forum
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 07:56 AM
Scoobie Noobie

tbear at standard level
Default TCP 3" Turbo back Exhaust, 2.5" diff Back mod

TCP EXHAUST SYSTEMS

After a few years of development I now can offer an affordable complete 3" stainless steel turbo back exhaust system for all model 01-07 WRX's.

All TCP Turbo Back Exhausts come with the 2.5" Diff Back mod to increase power delivery though the mid range. Pictures can be found below of what the 2.5" diff back mod looks like.

The Exhaust is desinged to fit snug with the underside of chassis, it fits so well that when you look side on, under the car, you can't tell that it has a 3" system installed!

The TCP Exhaust System is a true bolt on system, using only the standard mounting points for installation. There is nothing that needs to be modified to fit this system.

The Exhaust Includes

1 x TCP Stainless Bellmouth Dump Pipe, with EURO 3, 200 cell ,Metallic Catalytic Converter installed.

1 x TCP Stainless Mid Pipe, with resonator installed.

1 x TCP Stainless Diff Back, includes 3" to 2.5" mod for increase mid range power. Also get a choice of muffler, can be Oval single tip or the Cannon muffler, (Pictures can be found below, Both the Cannon and Oval Single Tip come with silencers it keep the noise down if you wish.

The Oval Single Tip Muffler is well below the legal limit WITH OUT the silencer in place, it is rated at ~88db @ 4000 rpm, Cannon is ~90db.

Price for the System is normally $1250 + del, but I have these on special delivered to Perth metro for $1300 (If outside of Perth metro Please send me your postcode to get delivery costs)

You can contact me through the Perth Wrx Site or email me at sales.tcp@gmail.com

Thanks
Tony Bear
TCPAUTO

Here are some Pictures of the Exhaust system.

OVAL SINGLE TIP (Silencer installed)

CANNON DIFF BACK

2.5" DIFF BACK MOD

INSTALLED ON VARIOUS 01-07 WRX /STI's.

Here are some reviews on the TCP Exhaust system

"Hi Guys I am the owner of the vehicle that has been fitted with the latest TCP stainless steel turbo back exhaust system.
It’s been 4 days driving since fitment and I must say I am very happy with it.
The quality of these systems is second to none and the fitment close to perfect. I've had a few other cars with aftermarket exhaust systems fitted (including rexies) and one distinct advantage of this system is that it fits so snug underneath the car. Looking at the car from the side you cannot see any parts of the system hang low, in fact even when bending down none of the system is visible below the side skirts. This is also great for those high shopping centre speed bumps.... it won't scrape! Now even though my car isn't lowered I can remember when I had the penut rex with an aftermarket system, standard springs and on shopping centre speed bumps it would still touch just under where the gear box sits. I am happy to say no such drams with the new TCP system. Really apart from the cannon, visibly looking at the car from the outside there is no indication of the system being aftermarket and if you really want to avoid any attention you can choose to use the twin tip instead. I don’t think anyone would even think your running an aftermarket setup. The twin tip is a very neat and conservative look whereas the cannon of course is visually more brutal and aggresive, just depends on what look your after.
The sound is GREAT... AND TOTALLY LEGAL!! The reading was taken holding 4000rpm. On idle it’s surprisingly quiet (well quieter than what you would expect) but as soon as your foot rests on the throttle it really comes to life. Not much to say here really (we all know what the boxer burble sounds like, and god I missed it!). For me the best thing is that it sounds fantastic and this has been achieved whilst still conforming to the legal db limits. I've had the radio off for the past four days listening intently to the sound and so far I can't pick up any droning and the in-cabin noise is at an acceptable level.
Performance wise I do feel a marked improvement through the mid-range. I only had the opportunity to drive a stock car for a week though so I wouldn’t be the best source of comparison. A tune and dyno graph will better illustrate this, something we are planning to do in the not to distant future.
All in all I am one very happy customer and Tony's service has been excellent and his products to match."

"Just wanted to let you know that exhaust I bought from you is brilliant, its exactly what I was hoping for, nice and quite on idle but a real nice roar to it when give it a kick. The performance from it alone is really good too, the WRX just doesn't seem to plateu on boost at high RPM anymore and pull through to 7k rpm nicely."

"purchased ones of these awhile back for my 06 wrx and only recently put it on, i picked the tbe with the sti style muffler, very happy with the results , spools alot quicker and feels effortless through the whole rev range. fitment and build quality was good. overall very happy, great bang for buck mod."

"To anyone considering getting an exhaust, talk to Tony about his. At first i wasn't sure but after talking to Tony about it, i was set to buy one. Fantastic customer service, answered all questions and was an absolute pleasure to buy from. Shipping was very quick and the exhaust is incredible quality. Welds look strong and overall it looks like an outstanding piece of gear. If you're in the market for an exhaust, talk to Tony!
Again, thanks for all the help Tony, you have developed one amazing exhaust "

TCP Exhaust review by Robin Berardo - Performance MotorSports PMS

“One of the best fitting exhaust systems we have seen here at Performance MotorSports (PMS), the quality of the stainless steel is great with strong welds and all mounting points utilizing the standard stock mounting locations. The TCP exhaust system sits very well with the under side of the chassis, with plenty of ground clearance and also plenty of clearance between the exhaust and all points of the chassis. The sound from the TCP Exhaust is everything you would expect from a Performance exhaust upgrade while still keeping in the legal db requirements, also the choice of 4 different mufflers makes sure the customer gets the exactly what they are after, looks and sound wise”

"Hi Tony
the exhaust sounds awsome, keeps that great wrx sound and just improves on it.
and if you were wondering i got my car tuned etc last night with the following mods. couldn't get a tune with just an exhaust as was to expensive but hopefully this can give you performance ideas.
performance stuff i had installed: fuel pump, process west tmic and cai, sti injectors, vf34 turbo, verso tune and of course your exhaust.
the cars a 05 WRX, i got 280hp (about 208kw) and 340 torque on 1.4 bar "

Review From Mick at Men at Work Exhausts Capalaba

"G'day
im Mick and i just fitted a TCP auto system on a subaru sti and they fit GREAT , look GREAT and don't sit low like most of the other products. Overall GREAT product!.
Owner / fitter
Men at work exhausts."
Old 06-05-2009, 07:56 AM
Scoobie Noobie

tbear at standard level

here are a few more comments from happy customers.

"Hi Tony.
Just letting you know the exhaust is going great. Awesome sound when on the go peddle and not too loud when sneaking home into the driveway late at night lol.
I got the Ezy-flash with the off the shelf tune the other week from Leah at ChipTorque and its just made the car so much more enjoyable to drive. Will be getting around to a custom tune once I get a few more goodies under the hood. But just wanted to say thanks for the great service and also two thumbs up for the guys Men at Work Exhausts.
Thanks,"

"just bought one of these exhausts from Tony. All i can say is i am very impressed. It is one of the best fitting exhausts i have ever seen. Took me 1.5 hours to install the full exhaust.
I got it with the 2.5 inch diff back and my old exhuast was running full 3 inch. The mid range is incredible, big difference. Car is going on the dyno tomorrow, so will post up results. I was a bit worried that it was going to be a little quiet, but its perfect
Thanks again Tony for your great service and product..."

"Hi Tony,
Had the 07 STI dyno day at Chiptorque on the Gold Coast on Saturday, 204.8 kw the only mod is your exhaust and an ezy flash tune. With your exhaust and standard tune 191kw. Im very impressed with the performance of the exhaust, nice and quiet, and exelent performance. Thanks again for your help.
Andy bb"

"I did a lot of research (mainly on the web), before I made the decision on where to get the TBE from. I am thankful that I did end up getting it from you. To be honest, I wasn’t 100% sure as to how the system would look or feel on the car and what sort of quality it would be. I can confirm that I am 100% happy with the system. It looks great, all of the pipe work is great quality and the welds are neat and tidy. The tip is probably a bit big for my liking, but I am getting used to it. The sound that comes from a 3” TBE worried me, but I am extremely happy with the way the system sounds on the car. It is almost silent at idle, but builds quickly into a beautiful boxer rumble once the throttle is opened up and then it really starts to growl. It is relatively quiet at cruising speeds and certainly not obtrusive. For a bloke who was worried about the noise, I now find myself putting the windows down and enjoying the aural sensations as I wind through the gears and the rev range. The other thing that I can enjoy now is the noise as the turbo spools up, which can be heard from much lower in the rev range. It now spools up at under 2000 revs and I like it. The new exhaust has freed the engine up quite a bit and it has certainly helped the torque from lower down and I believe all the way through the rev range. I can only comment from a “seat of the pants” research point of view, as I have not yet put it on the dyno. I will wait until I have done the computer, before I go to that trouble. For the time being, though, I am extremely happy with the system and my car, the way it is now. But they tell me once you get a taste of the “more power” bug, it’s hard to get rid of it. Time will tell.
Also just wanted to say a big Thank you, to you Tony and to the guys/gals at Men At Work Exhausts.
Scott Clegg
A very satisfied customer. "

"Guys this exhaust is awesome, I can hear the turbo spooling around 1500-3000 rpm all my mates have noticed how sweet this thing is and sounds. It is so worth every cent
Thanks again Tony for an awesome product. I'll see if I can get some vids/pics for you when im out to the coast this weekend"

"Very very well I was only originally going to get the stage 1 package (min 15kw) out of a cat back exhaust, but due to the small cat back and incorrect fuel I couldn't get it, So having the 3" tbe got me upto 160kw atw's on 13psi or aka stage 2 tune. So my car jumped from 130kw to 160kw
I was very impressed with the tuner and your exhasut !! sounded tough !"
Old 06-05-2009, 09:25 AM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

Pictures of the dump pipe mouth please ?

Do you run a splitter in the dump pipe ?

This IS the most critical part of a WRX exhaust system.....
Old 06-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Scoobie Noobie

tbear at standard level

hey Mate

Dump Pipe is a Bell mouth design, I will get pictures up today

Tony
Old 07-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Scoobie Noobie

tbear at standard level

here's a picture I have of the dump pipe, it is actually off my 08-09 sti system, the 01-07 wrx /sti dump pipe is the same design. I will get pictures from the front of the dump this evening

Old 07-05-2009, 12:10 PM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

Got anything for twinscroll?
Old 07-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Scoobie Noobie

tbear at standard level

something like this?

Old 07-05-2009, 12:30 PM
www.dilettante.net

yes i believe like this.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Scoobie Noobie

tbear at standard level

I think you misunder stood, The above picture is my TCP Twin scroll dump pipe that I am working on.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:07 PM
www.dilettante.net

I understood just clarifying we're thinking of the same flange

Interested in just a dump pipe myself.