Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Gaming and Multiplayer
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Sir AntiLag

rubberbudgie at standard level
Send a message via MSN to rubberbudgie
Default Playstation Move

Got this the other day and I must say, IT ROCKS so I thought I'd write a quick overview of my experiences and thoughts about it all.

Best way to describe it is that it's just like the Wii Plus except with graphics you'd expect from a PS3.

Starter pack (around $99) comes with a Move controller, a Playstation Eye (camera & microphone) and a demo disc with about 8 or so game demos that support the move. What it doesn't come with though is the optional Move Navi controller (around $49) which is basically the left half of the regular controller with the scroll and direction arrows as well the L1 and L2 buttons.

If you alredy have an Eye for your PS3 like I did then you can get drivers to use it as a webcam for your PC or you can buy the Move controllers separately for around $60 each but you won't get the demo disc which is well worth having.

I will say though that if you really want the full multi-player experience you really need to get at least 2 of each controller as well as at least one charging station (around $49) although you can charge them with the usb cable like a regular controller.

And lastly the choice of games are a bit limited at the moment but what there are available look to be very well made and lots of fun, plus there are patches becoming available for existing games (such as heavy rain) which will include Move support.

So yeah, there are my thoughts on the Move. Anyone else got one or thinking of getting one?
Old 22-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

Killzone 3 will support Move. And be in 3D.
Interesting to see a shooter being used with the Move! Release is Feb '11.

In a similar vein, although it's not actually using the Move, Gran Turismo 5 will use the PlayStation Eye (camera that comes with Move) to track head movement so that you can actually look around the car by moving your head. So that's a bonus use for the camera I suppose.

Sounds good Darren, keep us posted on what your experiences

Last edited by ALEX.; 22-09-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old 22-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Sir AntiLag

Yeah I'm not sure whether some of the titles (and genres for that matter) that are getting move support are really suited for it or whether it will just make gameplay more painful.

I bought RUSE yesterday which is an RTS style of game and I think using a controller (which is an option) would be better suited to it. But I will give myself time to get used to it properly.

And I'm downloading the Heavy Rain patch (with Move support) right now (which is nearly 1200mb I might add) which I think will be awesome with the Move.....fingers crossed anyway.
Old 22-09-2010, 11:05 AM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

Also got the move the other day and I am pretty impressed with it. For the moment, Ive found I dont need more than 2 of the glow controllers, but will see once more games come out at xmas.

Been having some online fun with Blur, but struggling to find any other good ps3 games. Hanging out for GT5 though

Anyone know of any good offline/coop multiplayer games that I can play when I have mates around? Not really into FPS on console (we have PC for that).

Also, saw a gun controller holder for move too which looked like it might work well. The demo shooter game with the move pack isnt bad, works just like those timezone shooters.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/16/p...he-ray-gun-yo/
http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/17/p...a-shooting-at/

Last edited by Smokey; 22-09-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 22-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Is it compatible with parking fines?
Old 22-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Sir AntiLag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Also got the move the other day and I am pretty impressed with it. For the moment, Ive found I dont need more than 2 of the glow controllers, but will see once more games come out at xmas.

Been having some online fun with Blur, but struggling to find any other good ps3 games. Hanging out for GT5 though

Anyone know of any good offline/coop multiplayer games that I can play when I have mates around? Not really into FPS on console (we have PC for that).

Also, saw a gun controller holder for move too which looked like it might work well. The demo shooter game with the move pack isnt bad, works just like those timezone shooters.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/16/p...he-ray-gun-yo/
http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/17/p...a-shooting-at/
Those guns look sick! No doubt there will be all sorts of add-ons available for it soon enough just like with the Wii.

I just played Heavy Rain Move Edition for a few mins before I have to go back outside and finish the car off and it's better than I expected. As long as you have the Navi controller it works so well and I already noticed I was getting more parts of the game completed than I ever could have done with just the Dualshock 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_H View Post
Is it compatible with parking fines?
Seems they are giving you kids too much spare internet time at school if you can find time to troll someones thread with pointless questions that benefit nobody.
Old 22-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Flat Four Father

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberbudgie View Post
Seems they are giving you kids too much spare internet time at school if you can find time to troll someones thread with pointless questions that benefit nobody.
Ease up chump, you're a whole 4 years in front of me. I apologise, as I have obviously mistaken you for someone with a sense of humour
Old 23-09-2010, 06:00 AM
Sir AntiLag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_H View Post
Ease up chump, you're a whole 4 years in front of me. I apologise, as I have obviously mistaken you for someone with a sense of humour
No it is me who should be apologising. Was a case of bad mood, in a rush and not engaging brain into gear before putting mouth (or in this case fingers) into motion.

But in answer to your question, there is a new game for the Move in development called "Parking Ticket Madness" where you can be the grey ghost and drive through town ticketing people and fighting those who won't accept the ticket
Old 23-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX. View Post
Gran Turismo 5 will use the PlayStation Eye (camera that comes with Move) to track head movement so that you can actually look around the car by moving your head.
That is soo much win!

In the early days I also heard that you can hook up your PSP to use as a rear vision mirror. Might be a rumour / bit of a gimick but would be good for a simulator because you could have it so close just like the real thing.

Brendon
Old 23-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Flat Four Father

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberbudgie View Post
No it is me who should be apologising. Was a case of bad mood, in a rush and not engaging brain into gear before putting mouth (or in this case fingers) into motion.
No harm, no foul

Tags
move, playstation