Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-02-2007, 06:54 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

redly rocket at standard level

The scariest thing is that all of these crosses (who the crosses represent obviously) that dot our roads have friends and families who love them and care for them... one day it could be my cross or somebody I love and care about. Absolutely horrible thought and believe me its constantly in my mind when I head down south to see the folks or go away for work or a holiday.

I just count my lucky stars that I, or my friends and family, don't have a cross to visit every year.

TheProtest is a mate of myne and I know the roads quite well where he lives. Im also very aware of the dickhead tourist drivers (majority of) from the city that have absolutely NO IDEA how to negotiate the roads down south. I was almost cleaned up proper twice over oz day wkend by city (4wd) drivers with trailers/caravans who were driving like they were in a sports car tuned by god. I generally avoid heading down south over long wkends but ozday wkend it was a mandatory trip for me.

I obtained my drivers licence in the country as that is where I used to live and there is NOTHING more nerve wrecking than driving on your L plates (attempting to obtain you P's) with a copper sitting next to you for 45mins+. It is not easier getting your licence in the country, it just takes a bit more adjusting to city driving. Id much rather be driving with a country driver in the city than with a city driver in the country.

I describe my driving as Cautiously Confident. Its the drivers that are overly confident, or overly cautious (as well as oblivous/ADD drivers) that cause most accidents.

Forester for the win... Safe as houses.

Oh, Nik... I live in the country of Australia, the city of Perth... You live in the bush.. Hahaha...

Cheers, Red.

Last edited by redly rocket; 21-02-2007 at 07:03 PM.
Old 17-03-2007, 04:08 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Booga at standard level

Earlier, a Como man, 32, died from severe head injuries after the Subaru he was driving hit a tree outside Collie, in the state's South-West at 7.50pm.
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...63-948,00.html

Hopefully not a PerthWRXr
Old 17-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

So the road toll is 18 higher than this time last year...

Bad news is that the new demerit point system doesnt seem to be working (whodathunkit!) but good news is that a car theif was killed!
Old 18-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Scoobie Noobie

cephas at standard level
Default Speed

I pulled up next to a ****wit in a honda hatch at the lights last night, he was a P plater with his g/f in the car. Just prior to the lights he sped past me on Scarb Beach Rd, I rolled down the window and let him have it, it went like...."do you know how many ****wits where killed last night from speeding? ****wits like you, you're a ****wit, get off the ****ing road you ****wit" his g/f had a little smirk and he stayed at the limit when the lights changed, maybe it helped? did at least for a few moments. Driver attitude, that is what is driving up the road toll. And drop the city/bush/coutry crap, each has their pro's and con's and that's life, if you can pick out and use the best of each driving style at the right time maybe your life will one day be saved from it or maybe you'll save someone elses. Peter
Old 18-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Scoobie Noobie

cephas at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave
I agree with all your points but doesn't change the fact, more accidents happening in bush than in the city!

And what about you back that quote up with some hard facts, quote number of accidents for a set period, say? 2006, I'm going to hazard a guess by saying typically a certain number of people a day will be involved in a crash, if that number was represented as a percentage of the population, say 2%? then the number of metro crashes could well outnumber those outside the metro area?
Old 18-03-2007, 10:14 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

jezzamcbezza at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
So the road toll is 18 higher than this time last year...

Bad news is that the new demerit point system doesnt seem to be working (whodathunkit!) but good news is that a car theif was killed!
And yet Idiots like Grant Dorrington (who the F*** put him in that position, it's time to step down Grant you're a failure) can only come up with ideas like "more speed cameras" and "higher fines".

Wake up and smell the coffee Grant - IT'S NOT WORKING!!!

Very soon the public are going to get to the point where they will demand people like Grant are removed from office and replaced with competent out-of-the-box PROACTIVE thinkers that get real results.

I've said all along:
1) Driver Training
2) Revenue put back into fixing Australia's poor roads
3) Higher police presence on the roads

Did you know over the last ten years China has built enough six-lane highways to go all around Australia's coast line one and a half times!

What's more, they are going to build the same amount over the next 10 years, and we can't even get a frick'n safe road built from Sydney to Brisbane!

....rant over....
Old 18-03-2007, 10:24 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Celipa_GT at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY 01 WRX
But I agree fix the roads and teach all new drivers how to drive properly (Defensive driving etc). Interesting to see the percentage of funds that are raised from Multanovas that actually go back into this stuff.
as most of you know i run the no limit events... we approached the state government for funding... with the outlook of giving so called 'street racers' somewhere else to take their cars for a little fun. Rather than doing it on public roads...

their official response was that university test have shown that 'advanced' driver training ( they totally missed our point.... ) didnt work and in fact made drivers 'over-confident'... so it is pretty safe to say that they will have to let alot more young people die on our roads before they realise that further driver education will actually help.

it sucks to see people die on the road and everytime i hear 'young person' my stomach drops and i wait for my phone to ring... while you can say that this causes it... or that causes it... there is one simple answer... Mindset. its all about the person thats sitting behind that steering wheel. noone else.
http://www.nolimitevents.com
Old 18-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephas
And what about you back that quote up with some hard facts, quote number of accidents for a set period, say? 2006, I'm going to hazard a guess by saying typically a certain number of people a day will be involved in a crash, if that number was represented as a percentage of the population, say 2%? then the number of metro crashes could well outnumber those outside the metro area?
I'd hazard a guess that country folks have sex with their cousins more than city folks..
Old 18-03-2007, 12:21 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

theprotest at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephas
then the number of metro crashes could well outnumber those outside the metro area?
Bang on mate. It is a bit silly to think more accidents happen in regional Australia - how many carpark bingles are there in Merredin each week?

More fatal accidents occur in rural Australia, for the reasons we have already laid out.

That most recent fatality of a rural death was again from a city driver. The only stat I want is how many rural deaths/major accidents are caused by city drivers.

cheers,
nik
Old 18-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Well 8 people have died in 2 days and apparently the "road safety policies are still workin".

Apparently people "need to take heed (sp?) and slow down" but i wonder how many of those deaths were speed related!

Tags
horror, roads, wa, weekend