Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-04-2007, 05:30 PM
STI Master

jedi_luke at standard level

got a quote!

i went to adaptable smash repairs in kinglsey and wayne there was really good about it and showed me some of the work they do and that they use only new pannels nto old shit and it will match perfect! , so i will be going there.

total damage bill was $4000 = new boot lid , new bumper , new lights and a bunch of other stuff.

but the worst part is that i still have to take it to rac on firday so they can see if the bill matches the damage , they dont mind taking your money but they also dont mind giving you the run around when you have to claim.

also i wanted to know if anyone who has gone through this has received a free car while there's was being fixed? , rac wont give me one coz i didnt have car hire on my policey and the guy who hit me's insurance are just being all round ass holes about anything.

your pal luke
Old 13-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Sir AntiLag

AC Schnitzer at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_luke
got a quote!

i went to adaptable smash repairs in kinglsey and wayne there was really good about it and showed me some of the work they do and that they use only new pannels nto old shit and it will match perfect! , so i will be going there.

total damage bill was $4000 = new boot lid , new bumper , new lights and a bunch of other stuff.

but the worst part is that i still have to take it to rac on firday so they can see if the bill matches the damage , they dont mind taking your money but they also dont mind giving you the run around when you have to claim.

also i wanted to know if anyone who has gone through this has received a free car while there's was being fixed? , rac wont give me one coz i didnt have car hire on my policey and the guy who hit me's insurance are just being all round ass holes about anything.

your pal luke
From personal experience, no you will not get a car for the duration of the repair. Free taxi ride will be offered though.

From my experience, RAC is cheap when it comes to repairs. Also, they will take photos of your damaged area as well as any modifications you have done to your car without declaring. Things like gauges, radar detectors, any addition accessories in the car, under the bonnet, or anything visible will also be photographed even if it is not relevant to the accident.
Old 13-04-2007, 06:37 PM
STI Master

oh really!

well good to know , im going down firday to see them with my quote and i will be with the car the whole time its there.
Old 14-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level
Thumbs down

Luke I have been through this process numerous time with RAC. This is what I've learnt.....

DO take you car to one of the inspection centres and you get a free taxi home. But before you go I would take detailed pictures of you entire car, especially the roof, doors and front corner bumpers for your own piece of mind. RAC inspectors will note down any scratches/dents on any other parts of your car that were not affected by the accident. The only problem you find is that its dark in the inspection centre (Whelshpool) and not everything is picked up.

Its all about quality control. I seriously would not trust any panelshop anymore after my experiences with a few of even the good ones. They seem all great and full of promises initially until things go wrong, then it really comes down to your vigilance and RAC. RAC will pick up any unpaid "Extras" such as dents, scratches and shoddy workmanship as your car will go back to them after repair for inspection and pickup. Do take your car out into the sunshine, not inside for a full inspection of the panel beaters work. And even after driving away if you find anything wrong take it straight back to them for recording.

"Extras" I have had so far: pinhole dents in the roof from resting the rear wing bolts on it. Plastic rear wheel body trim fell off. Rear window trim has come loose. Scratched both left hand side interior window tints. Used 2nd hand JDM STi tail light with broken interior lenses. And finally, car left with a flat battery at RAC for pickup. Fucking pathetic.

This is at PIERO's on Charles St North Perth everyone. AVOID like the pox!!

J
Old 14-04-2007, 10:55 AM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Schnitzer
... Also, they will take photos of your damaged area as well as any modifications you have done to your car without declaring. Things like gauges, radar detectors, any addition accessories in the car, under the bonnet, or anything visible will also be photographed even if it is not relevant to the accident.
This did not happen to me at RAC Whelshpool. I've been through there a few times now. Only parts of the car involved in the accident were photographed. The only reason I suspect they would look at other parts of the car would be if they suspect a modification contributed to the accident. Any illegal mod would put you right in the shit. If thats the case be very carefull.

Luke will have no problems in this instance though, unless his brake light are not working.

J
Old 14-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Sir AntiLag

AC Schnitzer at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXTASY
This did not happen to me at RAC Whelshpool. I've been through there a few times now. Only parts of the car involved in the accident were photographed. The only reason I suspect they would look at other parts of the car would be if they suspect a modification contributed to the accident. Any illegal mod would put you right in the shit. If thats the case be very carefull.

Luke will have no problems in this instance though, unless his brake light are not working.

J
Thats what I thought. However in my case the car was stationary and a transperth bus hit me instead. If there was any modification I did that attracted the bus to hit me, well I've got nothing to say.

Other than that I think you pretty much sum it up. Several parts for eg, RAC said they will buff the scratched headlights. When I received the car, the headlights were not buffed at all. The guys at the workshop than took some sandpaper and solution to buff it out. Other than that, there was 1 particular part that was not painted. I wasn't picky about it because that part was insignificant and was located on the inner side of the car and can only be seen up close.

The most important thing is to make sure they bring all the damaged parts back to brand new. To not deliver what they say is simply false advertising.
Old 14-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Scoobie Noobie

doluck at standard level

not all commodores are bad..
Old 14-04-2007, 05:13 PM
STI Master

yer i have been going out today and in the sun light looking over the whole car for anything but has changed and i have made a big list , i will be keeping a eye on the work that is going to be done and also taking it to tenagah after to get a second look seeing that the exhaust got taped a little bit , who know what that could have dont the the motor.
Old 26-04-2007, 08:46 PM
STI Master

cars back in 3 weeks or so , fuckign long wait if you ask me , but good news i managed to get a upgrade from a standard wrx spoiler to a STi wing , so i guess somthing good has come from this
Old 26-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

heh i would have bogged the holes!

Tags
crashed, guess, home