Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Subaru Tech Division

TopGear at standard level

^^^I dont ride but I understand bikers getting in front of cars with the amount of careless dickheads on the road I would too I somtimes do it in my car to get away from them haha but cyclist piss me off they think cos they have the right of way they can just ride in front of you dont they understand they can still get knocked off lol
Old 16-04-2007, 03:22 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Rex-io at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSR
Learning to ride at the moment. Don't want to look like a hoon so taking it fairly easy taking off but the instructor is on my case to get going as quick as I can.

Get out in front of everyone else and make some space for yourself then you deal with the clowns around you as they catch you rather than be stuck right in the middle of them all.
Yup that's right, you'll have a lot less problems by doing so. The cops have never pulled me over on the bike, even if they were behind me, just because i took off quickly. If i do so in the car....yellow sticker for the loud exhaust
Old 16-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Sir AntiLag

wannabe at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex-io
Sometimes it may look like they're racing you...but really they are not. Trying to scare someone while on their bike by pretending to be changing lanes etc. is farking stupid!!! you might kill someone because of that...how would you feel? grow up guys, if you wanna race - kwinnana motorplex.
well that wasn't my point and i dont "pretend" to change lanes to scare bikes either and i dont think anyone said they do that. i take off from the lights faster than they expect but not to race them, just to piss them off because i dont like the way "some" bikes cut lanes and go up between traffic at lights as they do it in a ignorant way.

and yes, lots and lots and lots of car/drivers are far worse
Old 16-04-2007, 04:29 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Rex-io at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe
well that wasn't my point and i dont "pretend" to change lanes to scare bikes either and i dont think anyone said they do that. i take off from the lights faster than they expect but not to race them, just to piss them off because i dont like the way "some" bikes cut lanes and go up between traffic at lights as they do it in a ignorant way.

and yes, lots and lots and lots of car/drivers are far worse
i wasn't ref to your comment mate, read the first page...cant remember now who made that comment after reading this thread im insuring my life for more $$
Old 16-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Subaru Tech Division

POLARBEAR666 at standard level

I love bikes.

Nothing gets them revved up more than out gripping htem around a corner and then they have to catch up.

I also love to race bikes from tuart hill maccas down the hill. Get really fast launches with that slight downhill and usually you can give them a bit of a scare in 1st and second.
Old 16-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Sir AntiLag

wannabe at standard level

Quote:
after reading this thread im insuring my life for more $$
i would if i rode a bike!! haha
Old 16-04-2007, 06:12 PM
STI Master

jedi_luke at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi_VoLtAgE
anger against push bikers,
anger against stupid fucks that put junk mail in my letter box when there a clear sign saying no junk mail.
i will second that , FUCK YOU OFFICE WORKS I DONT WANT YOUR CRAP
Old 16-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

Quote:
I've got a zx6r and the wrx so in the middle here. Sometimes it may look like they're racing you...but really they are not. Bikes do take off farking quick and u need to have a decent car to keep up with them (ignore the 250cc bikes, they are shit). 600cc to 1000cc sports bikes do 9s 1/4 out of factory.

I split lanes when i ride my bike, freeway or at the lights because it is legal. Well not technically but police dont pull us over for that. However i dont condone any wheelies or anything like that. If I split the lanes and im between the cars, quite often I let them take off first....just in case somebody is crossing the intersection on the red light, i have a protection this way.

It might be hard to believe but taking off quickly and establishing a gap between cars behind you actually makes the riding safer!!! drivers change lanes without watching out for bikes. Any bike instructor will tell you this, take off quickly but legally. Trying to scare someone while on their bike by pretending to be changing lanes etc. is farking stupid!!! you might kill someone because of that...how would you feel? grow up guys, if you wanna race - kwinnana motorplex.

That was my rant
winner, answer of the week. Totally agree.
Old 16-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Subaru Tech Division

SCOOTER at standard level

As a bike rider myself I like to cut through the taffic coming up to lights for 2 reasons. 1. avoid idiots lane changing without using mirrors or indicators. 2. because I can!!! Who wan'ts to be stuck behind a whole heap of traffic if you can help it. (I don't ride through moving traffic, thats asking for trouble)
As for setting off quick, if there are 2 lanes and you are in the middle, you need to decide which lane you want to be in and get there quick. If a car tries to race you then good luck to them. Would have to be some seriously quick shit.
Old 16-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

It is illegal to split lanes. And yes, motor cyclists get away with it, that doesn't mean that they should do it. IMO it's disrespectful to other motorists and to the law. Before you rant on, about it being better for you or whatever, I don't care. You are no different to anyone else on the road, if you feel unsafe because of vehicles around you, don't get on a fucking crotch rocket.
Not having a dig at anyone in particular, just the views of one man...blame society for my behaviour

Tags
bikers, rant