Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-09-2005, 01:13 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

aDe at standard level

so utec is piggyback and ecutek just remmaping stock ecu they should call it remapped ecu just the same as people does it with nissans ecu :P
utec got launch control also ecutek (6spd only)
cheers
Old 13-09-2005, 09:28 AM
STI Master

[BANNED] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [BANNED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUES
ecutek works fine - motec boys are just trying to justify to themselves that the excessive dollars they paid for their ecu means it's better than everything else.

the ecu is only as good as the tuner.
IMO Motec is the best....but the cost is too prohibitive for some. However when it comes down to bang for your buck though, it is a very different story.... ($1500 drive in - drive out for a custom ECUTEK tune compared to Speedworks' quote of $1200 just to tune a motec...)

I drove Fred's car the other night and I honestly couldnt fault it. Better than the "retune" I had done on my GTR....

I'm in the process of gathering some parts for my STi and I know what I'm booking my car in for....
Old 13-09-2005, 10:39 AM
areS

where did fred get his tune done?
Old 13-09-2005, 10:56 AM
STI Master

Racetorque.
Old 13-09-2005, 11:07 AM
wombat

don't waste your time with the "launch control" it's utter shite
everything else with ecutek was pretty good though i was happy with mine
Old 13-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by [BANNED]
IMO Motec is the best....but the cost is too prohibitive for some. However when it comes down to bang for your buck though, it is a very different story.... ($1500 drive in - drive out for a custom ECUTEK tune compared to Speedworks' quote of $1200 just to tune a motec...)

I drove Fred's car the other night and I honestly couldnt fault it. Better than the "retune" I had done on my GTR....

I'm in the process of gathering some parts for my STi and I know what I'm booking my car in for....
$800 to tune the motec/autistic actually. $1200 for any other ecu.

Long live the WRC
Old 13-09-2005, 11:19 AM
STI Master

Dont mean to hijack but....

Check your PM tuna

In regards to kartboy shifter.

Cheers,

Dan
Old 13-09-2005, 03:19 PM
STI Master

JMAX is unrated

You guys really should get ya hands off it about Ecutek. Sure, I dont agree with it fee structure but it's a software product that has taken alot of money to develop and market. You're paying for the right to unlock your standard ECU and turning it in to a fully programmable computer, a computer which has a very powerful CPU. If it is such an easy thing to do why hasn't someone else come on to the market with a similar product? Businesses that sell ecutek have to make money otherwise they wont sell it, if they dont sell it, you wont have ecutek available to you as a tuning option. Ecutek isn't marketed to the DIY market like the UTEC is and as such requires a dealer network to support it.

You guys have got to remember, not everyone has $1000s to spend on their cars nor the inclination to spend $4k+ to have Motec or Autronic ECUs. For less than half the price, Ecutek gives you a good product which does exactly what it claims and as with every ECU option, it's only as good as the tuner.
Old 13-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

Nothing wrong with ECUTek unless you want to spend big $'s on Motec to gain very little extra (which is fine).
And the ECUTek launch control is fine too.
With all these sorts of things you just need to look at the cars running them & how they perform. ECUTek (MMS) tuned cars have been ultra reliable and won lots of MC autokhana events, MC circuit events, SES Events, Speed Dome Superkhanas, Max Action Autokhanas and this year's Classic Challenge.
So ask yourself...what's wrong with (MMS-tuned) ECUTek?
Might not be "fashionable" but they win!
Old 13-09-2005, 03:39 PM
wombat

my problem with the ecutek launch control is it can't be adjusted easily it requires a reflash! you can't alter the rpm threshold, if you could do this via delta dash with user tuning it would be much better, however in my actual experience not hypothetical experience i was able to run significantly better times without the launch control stuffing up the launch. launch control was great on the street, but at the strip it was terrible, not entirely sure why that was but it wasn't too good, stace and justin back this up as they were there at the same time while i was playing around with it trying to resolve this problem. Personally i still think ecutek is pretty good bang for buck though :waitsforexplodingenginejokes:
personally i think both the available tuners for ecutek (Race torque and MMS) are excellent and MRT over east are pretty helpfull too, so the network support for it is really very good.

Last edited by wombat; 13-09-2005 at 03:41 PM.

Tags
ecutek, utec