Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Scoobie HasBeen

thx at standard level

Correct that Whiteline and AST are working together. I can only comment on the Evo Group 4s, these do have AST components in them, but the development for these were heavily done for Australian conditions. Actually mine have "profelx" springs in them (not sure if this is because they are the first domestic Evo Group 4s) and AST shocks AFAIK.

The Group 4s are different to the US and UK version made by the same factory. I work in an industry where we use factories in China, India and Pakistan. These factories make some of the worlds most known brands, all out of the same place. But the specs all vary, so does the quality and design. This all depends on the design and specifications given to the builders. AST, Whiteline and a part of Proflex come out the same factory. Personally I love the ride of the Group4s. It's not a case of soft springs and stiff shocks like the Tiens, but a point where every click makes a difference in the car's ride and handling. On setting 4 the car rides softer and smoother than stock. For track I don't have to go past 11 (14 is max) to get awesome handling, but way too stiff for road.

The Cuscos are a great coilover, and in the US they sell very very well indeed, which is a great testiment. It all depends on the what you want out of the car, and how much you have to spend.

One thing which lead me to the Whiteline camp was what Maddog said before. Local support. Whitelines are wholey backed in australia. They have a workshop over east, they support via phone and email. Do a lot of domestic car testing, I mean a lot. Once they are installed in the car, the installers work with Whiteline to get it all right. For me service is key.
Old 14-09-2005, 10:20 AM
STI Master

Bakks at standard level

I'd suggest you search extensively on www.nasioc.com

I was going to purchase the Cusco's too a while back, and from what I recall for a street car the G4's came up better.
Old 14-09-2005, 11:18 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

Don't forget about DMS 40mm which are inverted (unlike G4's) and have a very good spring rate for daily driving. These have been used very successfully (eg on MY02 STi) for daily and track use and the 50mm version recently by Rob Herridge in the MMS Legacy which finished 3rd in Targa West. Jamie Drummond has now fixed the rear sticktion problems (which most of the Jap ones still suffer from).
Old 14-09-2005, 11:42 AM
STI Master

JMAX is unrated

DMS 40s are shit. Stiction is an absolute pain in the arse and shouldn't be expected from suspension which is targeted at the street market and retails for over $3000. If Jamie has fixed the problem, would be nice of him to advise his previous customers.
Old 14-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Sir AntiLag

geoff at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU WRX
DMS 40s are shit. Stiction is an absolute pain in the arse and shouldn't be expected from suspension which is targeted at the street market and retails for over $3000. If Jamie has fixed the problem, would be nice of him to advise his previous customers.
Thoroughly concur. I sold my DMS40s because the rear stiction was just incurable. I had them rebuilt twice, and tried everything.

g.
Old 14-09-2005, 12:15 PM
STI Master

LegacyGT at standard level

wat happen to DMS pryde?
Old 14-09-2005, 12:34 PM
wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyGT
wat happen to DMS pryde?
group 4 pryde is the new hotness
Old 14-09-2005, 12:50 PM
STI Master

LegacyGT at standard level

new flava flava flava

is resprays.

ramon is getting one and so is hienus
Old 14-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Flat Four Father

BLUES at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx
Correct that Whiteline and AST are working together. I can only comment on the Evo Group 4s, these do have AST components in them...
My G4 springs have got AST stamped on them too.
Old 14-09-2005, 06:17 PM
WRXRW

my adidas 1's have more range of adjustment than the G4's!

if you can stretch the dole cheque and gabbana a little further, invest in DMS50's.

Tags
2r, cusco, group, whiteline