Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-09-2005, 11:06 PM
Scoobie HasBeen

thx at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXRW
my adidas 1's have more range of adjustment than the G4's!

if you can stretch the dole cheque and gabbana a little further, invest in DMS50's.
Damn dude, I want those shoes!!!
Old 16-09-2005, 11:35 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

aircoolhead at standard level

Does anyone here actually have the Cusco Zero2R's fitted to their car? I spoke to the Australian Cusco importer (Access Auto Engineering in VIC) and they dont even stock these coilovers. Special Order. They sell loads of Teins though. I suspect cos they are more attractive from a price point. I also spoke with Tenagah who sell Cusco and they have never sold a set of Zero2R's in WA either (but have them on a race car).
Suspension tuning is very subjective cos everyone has different expectations. I find it strange that people can have such firm opinions on something they havent actually experienced ("all Japanese coilovers will be damn hard") and only read about.
With coilovers you get what you pay for. I've used Teins on an STI for 2 years and I can honestly say they are not among the top quality coilovers. I currently have Bilstein PSS9s on a BMW 330 and while they are fine for a BMW because you dont want to ruin what is a pretty refined car, I wouldnt use them on an STI which is a more hardcore enthusiast drivers' car.
The only way to know for sure if a coilover meets your expectations is to actually try it. I'm sure the Whiteline Group4's are a fine coilover but i suspect the Cusco Zero2R will better meet my expectations. I should have them on my car within a month so i'll know then for sure. I'll post my feedback then.
Old 16-09-2005, 11:58 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

quigebo at standard level

ive got a set of cusco zero2R's on my gt forester.. (8kgfr/6kgrr)

they only have 5 dampening settings.. but they actually work.. unlike teins(got them too!) that have 16 settings and only 4 clicks do anything really.. and not a single bump,thump or creak from them over the last 3 months..

there hard but not harsh.. definately not wanted for a "cruiser"

but fcuk they make the gt handle unreal! got them from racetorque..

actually gunna sell them because the foresters going soon.. they have pillowball/camber fronts as well.. taking them off the car next week.. on the for sale thread next week with pics..

Last edited by quigebo; 17-09-2005 at 12:03 AM.
Old 17-09-2005, 06:20 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

DooM at standard level

Im having Issues with my G4's currently with a slight knock in the rear where the coil is touchining the when compressing, i still think they ride unreal,

however i been in my mates car and he has the Zero 2r on a 01 rex, and i reckon they ride just as good if not slightly more comfortable than mine, howeverthat may be due to ride height. however his is down quite low .

overall id go for the cheaper one depending on what ur using them for.

r

LD
Old 18-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

chee at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooM
Im having Issues with my G4's currently with a slight knock in the rear where the coil is touchining the when compressing, i still think they ride unreal,

however i been in my mates car and he has the Zero 2r on a 01 rex, and i reckon they ride just as good if not slightly more comfortable than mine, howeverthat may be due to ride height. however his is down quite low .

overall id go for the cheaper one depending on what ur using them for.

r

LD
does the knock happen when its a hot day or a cold day? (or everytime without fail?) i remember the d2's had knocking issues in the cold due to the oil being shit. didnt dan (thx) have issues with knocking in his g4's?
Old 18-09-2005, 10:12 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

DooM at standard level

all the time - regardless, its the height of the car, sits just in the spot, wheelsworld ar FIXin it YUP

r

LD
Old 19-09-2005, 08:15 AM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

a little off topic ACH but what are Pss9's like? Im looking at whacking some in my porka in the next few months, can source them ex europe for close to half the aussie suppliers markup which makes them attractive.
Old 19-09-2005, 07:47 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

aircoolhead at standard level

Hi Explicit,
Congrats on your new Porsche purchase. The 996 turbo is a nice car. There's something about German engineering that sets their cars apart from the ROW.
I've been a long time Porsche fan and have owned several over the past 10 years. My last was an absolutely ballistic 993 twin turbo (way quicker than a Ruf Turbo R) which clocked a VMax of 330 kph. But i'm a bit of a purist which is why i stopped owning Porsches after the last of the aircool turbos (hence my username "aircoolhead").
The Bilstein PSS9s will be just fine for the road and occasional track. If you're going to be doing serious engine mods then you might want go consider custom valving/springs. Seriously though there is nowhere in WA (or in Australia for that matter) that you'll be able to get the car anyway close to its potential so you're better sticking to a street friendly set up.
But if you do intend to track the car occasionally and you're interested in a pair of fixed bucket seats, I have a pair of new Recaro Pole Positions (never used) plus new original Porsche seat rails. PM me if you need a source for parts in Europe.

Tags
2r, cusco, group, whiteline