Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Sir AntiLag

BXT at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXTASY
*** A word of advice ***

........Hide your keys at night when home and if possible install a hidden ignition kill switch

This particularily applies to WRX's without the immobiliser keypad.
Yeah...good idea if you want your head bashed in or you want to be stabbed....if they really want it they'll take it .....it's just a car.....just make sure your insurance is payed up in full, that's my only advice.

Trust me, when some c@nts got a baseball bat raised about to smash your head in cause he can't find your keys....you'll hand them over real quick along with a slice of your mum's best chocolate cake......
Old 22-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXT
Yeah...good idea if you want your head bashed in or you want to be stabbed....if they really want it they'll take it .....it's just a car.....just make sure your insurance is payed up in full, that's my only advice.

Trust me, when some c@nts got a baseball bat raised about to smash your head in cause he can't find your keys....you'll hand them over real quick along with a slice of your mum's best chocolate cake......
YEP 100% agree. Thats exactly why i keep my keys in any easy to find spot near the front door.. Its really not worth someone hurting me or my family to steal a car.. I'd rather them in and out asap.

Also i have a good insurance policy

All the added security these days is a bit of a catch 22. Cars are harder to steal so you just target the owner instead. I mean all you need is someone willing to lie down in the middle of a quiet road when a nice car is coming. Of course the driver is going to stop and when they do, you just have people hiding and hijack the car..
Old 23-07-2007, 01:33 AM
Subaru Tech Division

vyper at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
YEP 100% agree. Thats exactly why i keep my keys in any easy to find spot near the front door.. Its really not worth someone hurting me or my family to steal a car.. I'd rather them in and out asap.

Also i have a good insurance policy

All the added security these days is a bit of a catch 22. Cars are harder to steal so you just target the owner instead. I mean all you need is someone willing to lie down in the middle of a quiet road when a nice car is coming. Of course the driver is going to stop and when they do, you just have people hiding and hijack the car..
Similar thing happened to an immediate family member and her boyfriend at the time.. Luckily they got away with only a few scratches and bruises.
Old 23-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

Although at the time I'm a long way from Perth, and living ina pretty small town where pot plants getting knocked over is the big news in the local rag, all of our car keys are kept in a small safe, regardless of whether we are home or not. I'm sure they could get angry if they really wanted the keys, but the entire house, garage, carport is wired up and beeps if someone moves around in certain areas of the night. Not loud enough to hear outside, but if someone were to get into the garage we'd hear it in the house long before they made their way to the bedrooms. And I always keep a very very big spanner in my bedroom, just in case I need to tighten...um...the bedhead late at night. But, I mainly agree with other people, keep your insurance up to date, at the end of the day it can be replaced.
Old 23-07-2007, 08:50 AM
Sir AntiLag

BXT at standard level

Problem with Big Spanners or any weapon is they can be used on yourself if you lose grip of it. A mate of mine taught me this (Black belt in some martial art I can't spell), he said if your going to have/use a weapon against an intruder, the most important thing is not to let it go.
Old 23-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

yes...that would be the most important rule. I've also been told that legally you can use froce to protect you or your porperty, so as long as you hit them just enough to hurt and not to maim you have a chance of not getting sued. However, this was only hearsay so don't flame me.
Old 23-07-2007, 09:56 AM