Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   police harrassment (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/1500-police-harrassment.html)

creepin 23-09-2005 06:30 AM

police harrassment

before anyone gets carried away and starts flaming me (fozzy)
can i get your thoughts on this matter because its absolute bulshit

this police officer that keeps harrassing me
followed me round all last nite
i was drivin down the freeway 900 metres in front of my mate in the right lane

i saw a police vehicle flying up behind me
to which i was doing 80kmph as posted while he flew up behind me
he pulls me over and tells me i was doing 114kmph in an 80 zone
i asked to see the gun and he goes no we speed checked u
i replied with there is no way you could accurately determine my speed from flying up behind me when ur accelerating and im doing a set speed
he said we got u back when u were near ur mate
i know he wasnt within a km of me at this time and i was doing only 80
yeh he insisted i was doin 114.

i had had many previous incounters with this officer who i know has a grudge against me. so i told him im sick of him harrassing me and making up stuff to try and do me coz u dont like me

i told him to write the ticket and ill see you in court
he argued further so did his partner for like 30 minutes

there is no way he can accurately determine my speed from 900metres away

he made up stufff about the lightploes being a certain distance apart. i told him there is no way i was doing that speed and there is no way he can judge my speed from 900 metres away

he gave me the ticket and i said ill see him in the courtroom

no offence man but this guy has taken it too far
i know there are cool officers out there like dan and giddyup
but this guy is an absolute fool

and after he gave me the fine he continued to follow me around all night ...wherever i went him and his partner followed.

this guy regularily drives past my house
he regularily follows me home and pulls me over

PREVIOUS ENCOUNTERS

[B]11 months ago[/B]

i first met this officer when i just got my chrome 19's 11 months ago
and he wanted to know how i afforded this car and where i work. so i was honest with him and told him i am a cultural heritage consultant.
he asked if i was an aboriginal person to which i replied yes.
he then tells me the plates creepin could not be found on the police computer and they are fake to which i presented the right to display certificate. he makes me sit there for like 20 min while he background checks me. of course back in those days my record was squeeky clean
then his parting words were and ill never forget them [B]"when we catch you street racing we will have great pleasure in taking this car off of you"[/B]

i never saw him again fo 11 months the night of my courcase

14 hours after my courcase on a friday nite he saw me driving on leach and he actually (as quoted by himself) "flogged it down the backstreets to beat u home"
accuses me of speeding home when i was doing 60,
[B] i did the measurements and i had to travel 1.5km to my house and i was doing 60[/B]
[B]he had to travel 2.6km to my house via the route he described
how fast must have he been going to navigate corners adn 2 red light and arrive at my house 10 second after me
and what was his reason or suspicion to do this, fucked if i know obviously a personal grudge because of the previous encounter 11 months ago and the fact that i won the case[/B]
he questions me on my courcase i went to knowing full well the outcome of how it went, he threatens to give me a sticker, quotes "i can guarantee we will see u in a courtroom again"

the following friday after the courtcase he speedchecks me all the way from freo to maccas where i get sumthin to eat then he dissapears
then he waits down the road on the road that crosses with my street
pulls out and [B]tells me im doin 74 in a 60 zone when i saw him from 500 metres away and did 60 on the dot past him (again no radar gun and speedchecks within 100 metres)[/B]then argues that my car is too low(when i passed the pits the day before)

[B]what a tool[/B]
he always argues because he knows i am correct
his partners have never said much because they know he is bluffing

so this time i let him write a ticket which i will defend in court
114 in an 80 zome is 4 points and a $250 fine

and the most coincidental part of this is that he made sure id get a fine of 4 points because he knows i only have 4 points left
is that suspicious or what?

this guy obviously thinks that a speed check is where you fly up behind a car and whatever your top speed is to catch the car you are speedchecking is the speed that they are doing.

does he think he is einstien to calculate my speed? coz it would be near impossible to do from 900 metres away
he told me that they were doing 114 to catch up to me in an 80 zone
now if i was doing 80 as i was of course he is gonna catch me at 114kmph
what an absolute tool of an officer, this guy should go back to year 10 maths and learn about triangles, angles and distance

on a positive note i rang the police station he is from at 5:30 this morning , asking to speak to a duty officer or officer in charge, yet his partner answered and was very helpfull to tell me when the senior segent or highest ranking officer from the station was coming in to the office, when she asked who was speaking, i told her and i could tell by her voice she froze and said oh ok.. thankyou good bye... and she couldnt hang up the phone quick enough.
sounds like a bit of guilt to me, coz she knows they never had a chance to determine my speed properly

on another positive note an officer that has pulled me over in frematle several times and been very polite and helpfull to me has advanced from senior constable to sergent which i was happy about because he is a great officer and does his job properly

it shows not all officers are bad
just like everything in life u get good and bad
but we dont need those few bad cookies with all that power
its a shame but what can u do

fingers crossed i can have the fine lifted because i cant b bothered wearing a suit to go to court again. if not i am hoping the judge will throw it out

and if worst comes to worst im sure one of u kind folk will drive my car around for me for 6 months

thats creepins life story for police harrassment so far

i know i wrote alot but i had to get it off my chest

any positve feedback would be gratly appreciated.

creepin 23-09-2005 06:31 AM

im off for a meeting with the officer in charge of the station some time today
illl let yaz know how it goes.

PaulCoke 23-09-2005 06:57 AM

the question i have is what does "cultural heritage officer" pay these days

wombat 23-09-2005 07:02 AM

thats bullshit dude, sounds like this guy is gunning for you bigtime.

surely he can't use "work time" to go on some sort of personal vendeta
what you do? bang his daughter or something?

BALISTC 23-09-2005 07:27 AM

Best thing you can do is take all the info you have on this saga, to the Police ombudsman. If they believe its necessary, an investigation will be launched and you may see a conclusion..

Giddyup 23-09-2005 08:03 AM

[QUOTE=creepin]

i know there are cool officers out there like dan and giddyup
but this guy is an absolute fool[/QUOTE]

How many of me is there? Aint I the same person?

wombat 23-09-2005 08:08 AM

[QUOTE=Giddyup]How many of me is there? Aint I the same person?[/QUOTE]

you're schizophrenic! :eek:

DAN682 23-09-2005 08:20 AM

[QUOTE=Giddyup]How many of me is there? Aint I the same person?[/QUOTE]

No I think he thought I was a cop, however I am just a scum bag contractor who works for the cops instead.

Skrappy 23-09-2005 08:32 AM

This sounds a bit stupid but you should really be keeping a diary of all the times they have pulled you over and what has been said, it would help a lot in regards to the harrassment case.

No-one in their right mind can judge someones speed with just their eye, let alone get it as close to 114.

Sounds like you are in the right on this one, restraining order could be on the agenda against the cop, just make sure you have some evidence and enough logs of this happening. It would be worth paying out the cash just to get that creep of your back.

207 de 23-09-2005 08:32 AM

you need quidich's number plate. :happy8: :D

BALISTC 23-09-2005 08:36 AM

[QUOTE=DAN682]No I think he thought I was a cop, however I am just a scum bag contractor who works for the cops instead.[/QUOTE]

Your a speed camera operator??

DAN682 23-09-2005 08:54 AM

[QUOTE=BALISTC]Your a speed camera operator??[/QUOTE]

No much worse.... IT Support

trainwrex 23-09-2005 08:58 AM

thats bad luck greg.. i think that u should bring a recording device with u in ur car (i.e a dictaphone) and use it everytime u get pulled over.

Its ur right to be able to record a conversation with the police and if u inform them that ur recording then they may not be so arrogant and make misleading comments?

jsut a thought

e-rex-shon 23-09-2005 09:56 AM

What a hassle. And the feeling that there is little you can do about it would really rub me up the wrong way. I hope it all works out for you. Bully boys like this should not be working as cops.

I guess the take home message from this is don't put chromes on your car........you're just asking for trouble ;)

slappy 23-09-2005 10:02 AM

I'd go and see a lawyer. A lot of them do no win no pay deals.

You should be able to claim damages for lost time during work hours and court costs etc. They will ahve to pay for your lawyers fees too. Might make this Arrogant officer think twice.

Fozzy 23-09-2005 10:27 AM

[QUOTE=trainwrex]thats bad luck greg.. i think that u should bring a recording device with u in ur car (i.e a dictaphone) and use it everytime u get pulled over.

Its ur right to be able to record a conversation with the police and if u inform them that ur recording then they may not be so arrogant and make misleading comments?

jsut a thought[/QUOTE]

it is also the officers right to refuse to be recorded

also i would hardly call 4 times in a year (well close to) harrasment.

Lets face facts greg your car does attract attention to itself and you do spend ALOT of time around certian areas.

im not taking sides here im just looking at it from the other side of the fence.

Rexilla 23-09-2005 10:48 AM

[QUOTE=DAN682]No much worse.... IT Support[/QUOTE]

dan you know tuan?

trainwrex 23-09-2005 10:51 AM

[QUOTE]it is also the officers right to refuse to be recorded[/QUOTE]

Are u sure? because normally there is two police officers that attend each scene and thus ur word wont stand up against two. Therefore u are able to have the added protection of recording the incident?

DAN682 23-09-2005 11:07 AM

[QUOTE=Rexilla]dan you know tuan?[/QUOTE]

I know of him, he is a minframe programmer 2 floors above me. I think he is a WAPS Employee not a contractor, if he is a contractor I think he would work for Fujitsu.

tuna 23-09-2005 11:17 AM

live with it, or put your car back to stock.

Bakks 23-09-2005 11:36 AM

Thats a ridiculous statement Stace.

You shouldn't have to live with police harassment simply because you have a modified car.

pmh 23-09-2005 11:48 AM

is it still on VOI listing?

tuna 23-09-2005 11:51 AM

[QUOTE=Bakks]Thats a ridiculous statement Stace.

You shouldn't have to live with police harassment simply because you have a modified car.[/QUOTE]

if your a VOI, then your not going to avoid it.

Mat 23-09-2005 01:59 PM

ROFL. When you get pulled over 4 or more times in one week come and see me :D

The same copper has fined me, stickered me, searched car and RBT'd me before. Funnily enough all around Freo / Cott. Learning not to drive around attracting attn is a starting point ;) Everything bar the sticker was do to my attitude towards his... It never works for me, but when someone is being a dickhead, always be polite back :D

Like every occupation, police are never "safe" from the public. If someone is REALLY hassling you (and your not being a dickhead), im sure there are SENSIBLE and correct procedures to follow.

Simple really. Go into your local police stn and ask to speak to the "boss". Like most ppl in charge, surely they will help you!

Whinging about it on internet forums will not make it stop...

creepin 23-09-2005 02:51 PM

i did just that
i called the OIC at the station he is from and even he sais it sounds like the officer is in the wrong
he said to write a formal letter to the fremantle traffic branch judical? officer
(or sumthing like that)

and it wasnt exactly 4 times a year fozzie
he made some pretty bold statements each time and 2 of the times were 2 friday nites in a row. and both those fridaynites were eitherat my house of 500 metres from it

i found out today he actually spent most of his nite last nite following my car around even after he gave me the fine.

it is absolute bullshit.

my last yellow was very suspicious because i drove past 2 police cars and they didnt pull me over to start with and then all of a sudden within the next 3 minutes i had 2 cop cars speed up behind me and polair above. just a bit too suss for my liking

my lawyers are gonna organise some stuff so hope they can put an end to it all.

as for voi's sometimes they are there sometimes they aint. its a bit weird

Hi_VoLtAgE 23-09-2005 03:25 PM

goodluck with your courtcases and whatnot greg

sikem rex 23-09-2005 03:36 PM

Sounds like some major bs goin on there man.

I dare say the fine will be dropped in all likelyhood. If it sticks i'll be more than happy to drive your car around for 3-6 months :P

Nah in all seriousness, good luck with it all. I'm sure some good will come of this.

-Paul

Giddyup 23-09-2005 03:55 PM

Well I doubt very much that he was spending his entire shift following you (your not that special). Even the most dedicated copper isn't gonna do that. Also, why were you driving around all night? What were you doin? So what if he stopped you on consecutive friday's............big deal. I have stopped acar 3 nights straight, doesnt mean I have a vendetta.
Another thing just in case you didn't notice, your car isn't stock and it sticks out like dogs balls and the fact there was that incident with failing to stop (regardless of the outcome/"it wasn't me"/etc etc), your gonna get stopped again. Yeah, there are some idiot coppers out there so if you feel the need to tape record/lawyer up/document etc etc, go ahead. Hopefully it won't shoot you in the foot.

My 2c.

BLUES 23-09-2005 04:29 PM

[QUOTE=Giddyup]... your car isn't stock and it sticks out like dogs balls...[/QUOTE]

:icon_puke

PaulCoke 23-09-2005 05:11 PM

[QUOTE=BLUES]:icon_puke[/QUOTE]

:icon_hang

creepin 23-09-2005 06:14 PM

[QUOTE=Giddyup]Well I doubt very much that he was spending his entire shift following you (your not that special). Even the most dedicated copper isn't gonna do that. Also, why were you driving around all night? What were you doin? So what if he stopped you on consecutive friday's............big deal. I have stopped acar 3 nights straight, doesnt mean I have a vendetta.
Another thing just in case you didn't notice, your car isn't stock and it sticks out like dogs balls and the fact there was that incident with failing to stop (regardless of the outcome/"it wasn't me"/etc etc), your gonna get stopped again. Yeah, there are some idiot coppers out there so if you feel the need to tape record/lawyer up/document etc etc, go ahead. Hopefully it won't shoot you in the foot.

My 2c.[/QUOTE]

with all due respect dan, the grudge is definately there and im not gonna go into any details but the history between me and this officer goes back to whenmy car was dead stock and the first few days i had the car.
he has said several things to me thatprove without doubt that he doesnt like me for a certain reason.

i wasnt out all nite i went for a drive around 1am and he speedchecked me doing a speed he knows i was definately not doing and fined me
he then followed me down to the servo i went to
he did laps of the servo whist i was there then dissapeared from sight
then i went to get somthing to eat...he was at the same shop
i went to another servo to buy smokes what a coincidence he was thee as well. and i went home at 3:30. so thats a good 2.5 hours of following me
i have no doubt that he is an idiot.
and if it shoots me bak in the foot, well at least i tried

POLARBEAR666 23-09-2005 07:20 PM

Just go see the cops at the station and then file an offical complaint against him with the police ombudsman. .... when you go to court just list all the times hes followed you...

One nice idea might be to carry a video camera in the car tied to the headrest...when u see cops following just turn it on and video....and when they pull u over 2 mins later and say you were doing 150 in a 60 zone... dont mention the video... just go to court and make sure you talk to the cops in front of your car so that they come into the picture....

My dad has made federal police commit purgery before by cross examining them till they have just about started crying and by recording interviews when cops have threatened his client by putting a video camera down with the cap on, but recording the sound..... stupid crooked hypocrits.

POLARBEAR666 23-09-2005 07:22 PM

One set of crooked cops claimed a guy facing a murder charge had confessed...so my dad read out the transcript of the interview where his client denied the charges by saying "I have been advised by my lawyer to say nothing" over 300 times. It took 2 hours and at the end of it, my dad goes... and after denying it over 300 times.. he then confessed is that what you would have the court believe... the guy got demoted after the trial.

POLARBEAR666 23-09-2005 07:26 PM

You also should work the Abo angle..... write a letter claiming they are abusing you because of your aborgininal heritage... they will run a mile. .. claim the cop is racist.

[REXPLOIT] 23-09-2005 07:51 PM

Or... ;) :D :cool:

With all due respect of course... Perhaps alter your driving times, locations and styles...????? I mean... I used to drive around in early am hours too, at notable cruise locations around town... Police are just doing their job. Ensuring the cars are a) safe/legal to drive, and b) ensuring the safety of all other road users, by ensuring people are driving within stated laws and limitations...

Food for thought...

PaulCoke 23-09-2005 08:06 PM

[QUOTE=sleepR]Or... ;) :D :cool:

With all due respect of course... Perhaps alter your driving times, locations and styles...????? I mean... I used to drive around in early am hours too, at notable cruise locations around town... Police are just doing their job. Ensuring the cars are a) safe/legal to drive, and b) ensuring the safety of all other road users, by ensuring people are driving within stated laws and limitations...

Food for thought...[/QUOTE]

Hear Hear! This whole "police conspiracy theory" that seems to pervade many car forums is nauseating and its ironic that the people who bleat the loudest about the "pigs" are those who have the least respect for road rules and other road users' safety. Creepin's car is a cop magnet, it looks like an extra that didn't quite make the cut in 2F2F and he drives it like an idiot and then is surprised he has developed infamy among the road traffic coppers.

Simple equation, really.

Mat 23-09-2005 08:49 PM

[QUOTE=POLARBEAR666]You also should work the Abo angle..... write a letter claiming they are abusing you because of your aborgininal heritage... they will run a mile. .. claim the cop is racist.[/QUOTE]

Why should someone get off simply because they are an abo. They shouldnt IF they do the wrong thing.

I think judges need to start showing some more balls ;) The amount of coons who are nothing but parasites on the community is certainly getting higher and higher..

People who want to be treated the same as everyone else, should act the same..

Miggidy 24-09-2005 01:18 AM

[QUOTE=creepin]i did just that
i called the OIC at the station he is from and even he sais it sounds like the officer is in the wrong
he said to write a formal letter to the fremantle traffic branch judical? officer
(or sumthing like that)

and it wasnt exactly 4 times a year fozzie
he made some pretty bold statements each time and 2 of the times were 2 friday nites in a row. and both those fridaynites were eitherat my house of 500 metres from it

i found out today he actually spent most of his nite last nite following my car around even after he gave me the fine.

it is absolute bullshit.

my last yellow was very suspicious because i drove past 2 police cars and they didnt pull me over to start with and then all of a sudden within the next 3 minutes i had 2 cop cars speed up behind me and polair above. just a bit too suss for my liking

my lawyers are gonna organise some stuff so hope they can put an end to it all.

as for voi's sometimes they are there sometimes they aint. its a bit weird[/QUOTE]

what is this guys name? I have been hasstled by a dude around freo a bit, he pulled me over and was asking if he had already seen me tonight. Saying stuff like "maybe the problem is your car, you wrx owners are all the same" crap like that. Maybe he has wrx envy ;)

EDIT: I find most cops are 100% cool, correct me if I'm wrong Dan, if you display your knowledge of the law without being a smartass/dickhead about it. I always explain I am a sensible driver and never mouth off, and 99% of the time cops ahve been really nice and cool about it.

I think if I had to deal with and see some of the things they do I would be hard on people with fast cars too. Seeing some of the accidents etc. And thats probably why we get pulled over a lot.

My 2c

creepin 24-09-2005 01:49 AM

i dont expect to get off because im an aboriginal person
i expect to get off because when they speed checked me i was doin the bloody speed limit
and the manner they speedchecked me was far from accurate

and i dont drive like an idiot
i have done just about 70,000km in that car in around 15 months and iv actually only had one speeding fine
this is the second

but yes it is a racial grudge which was made obvious by the first encounter with this officer

scoobysix 24-09-2005 04:13 AM

In the nearly 4 years I owned a WRX, I've only been pulled over by cops 3 times:

1) I was doing 80 in a 50 zone (trying to pull away from the commodore I thought was tailgating me [turned out to be an unmarked cop car])

2) I failed to stop at a stop sign before turning (no excuses, no traffic so I didn't stop, unmarked cop car behind me)

3) I was doing 140 in a 110 zone (rushing an aunt back from Albany to Perth for a business dinner)

Other than that, I've never been pulled over, even though at one stage my car had one of the loudest exhausts around, superlow springs and tinted windows PLUS I lived just down the road from the traffic police branch in East Perth for 6 months, and then moved to the apartment DIRECTLY opposite the traffic police for a year, and then moved to the apartment BESIDE the same traffic police branch for another year.

So 2.5 years I was driving a very noisy tinted lowered WRX with a big wing, constantly within 100m of the traffic police branch, I've never been pulled over except for when I did commit traffic infringements.

Either I've been very lucky, or it really just boils down to how you've been driving. If you've struck up a reputation for yourself, you're just gonna have to live with it I suppose. That said however, if you've been subjected to unfair/unneccesary punishment/treatment, then restitution is in order for sure.

If what you say is 100% true, then for sure that particular policeman needs to be dealt with accordingly. If it was through your own actions in the past that have resulted in the reason you've been singled out for attention, then I think they are just doing their job.