Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-01-2008, 10:27 PM
The Kid

WRP10 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to WRP10
Default Well.....

Well....

Tonight the inevitable happened. Was driving the Dadmobile and got yellowed in Burswood. I was driving perfectly sedately and gave them absolutely no reason to target me apart from the car i was driving

The bloke gave a sticker for the Motorvation sticker across the windscreen and the exhaust being excessively loud. Cunt! When i said to him "ive driven through several booze buses and never had any problems" he replied with "this isnt a booze bus, we're just trying to get everything we can"

So now have to take the car over the pits, probably need to plumb off the BOV, peel the tint off, take the lip off so it sits above 100mm and somehow silence the exhaust. I guess. Any other things that they will be particularly cunty about when doing the work order?

Basically not happy at all. Was just about to say "So what are the real criminals doing tonight?" but somehow i dont think that wouldve helped the cause, so restrained myself

And out.
Old 31-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Not the end of the world At least you have a newish car that doesnt have the minor, fiddly issues that start costing the earth!

Silencer, remove the tint (if it looks like its gonna get raped straight away) and definitely loose the BOV.

From memory (and i've been a fair few times lol) they look at all safety stuff (seatbelts, horn, all lights, reverse lights, brakes, bald tyres, suspension issues) and engine issues like oil leaks. Really if you can "legalise" your car and make sure it doesnt have the obvious defects you'll pass easily.

Ohh and you have the t wing so they WILL pick up if you dont have a rear brakelight (cant remember if u do!)

Alternatively your dad could take it over, tell them his young son was trying to impress a girl on a date in dads promo car for work and got yellowedd. Girl got angry etc. Pits will feel sorry for u

Last edited by Mat; 31-01-2008 at 10:38 PM.
Old 31-01-2008, 10:40 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

maccar86 at standard level

i got stickered tonight aswell, its pretty pathetic really
Old 31-01-2008, 11:02 PM
STI Master

agentorange at standard level

Geeze Adds! Did you have rotational idle and anti lag going?
My rhymes are stronger than ammonia
I'm a diamond, you're a cubic zirconia
Old 31-01-2008, 11:11 PM
The Kid

WRP10 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to WRP10

Lolz i cant say i did haha. They caught me just in between flame sessions

Will the pits be able to notice a bashed out cat?
Old 31-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRP10
Well i passed 4 or 5 times in the wrx and only on the last time they picked it up (which was fine as i was going to put the standard one on when i sold it).

Straight through 3" pipe. No signs of any cat, HOWEVER they were really fussy about the noise the last 2 or 3 times (this time last year- Geez time flies eh). They wanted it under 92db and it was checked. At 1500rpm it was over 100db apparently!

Internet rumours suggest they might not be passing silencers but who knows.
Definetely make sure you have the rear brakelight and the T Wing doesnt go "outside" the side of the car (doesnt look to though?)

Maybe the copper spotted you at MV and this is your payback for being MV's worst entrant
Old 01-02-2008, 07:00 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Im suprised they didnt mention the carbon fibre bonet adam. Of course you will have to change that too before going over the pits. shame man

i can't believe you got done for your sticker. There is a ruling about stickers and obsticals on the front windscreen or infront of the car. If you can see the ground infront of the car at a certain distance from the drivers seat of the car, whilst YOU are sitting in it, and nothing is in that line of sight, then its legal. My old boss had to drop his spotlights on his 4x4 by 6 inches because they were too high aparently. I would try find out the ruling for this. My sticker is below my scoop when i look out the window, so i could never get pinged for it.

Best of luck, PM Brendan and see if he can get u a good deal at the pits
Old 01-02-2008, 07:39 AM
Sign me up!

trainwrex at standard level

Thats a shame mate. get the car engineered and youll be fine in the future.. well hopefully.. hahah

i went through with a silencer and that was deemed fine.

wing is also alright but u need to have rear stop light...

springs, well thats just a hit and miss an opportunity to get coilovers so u can just wind them up..
Old 01-02-2008, 07:41 AM

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Well....

Tonight the inevitable happened. Was driving the Dadmobile and got yellowed in Burswood. I was driving perfectly sedately and gave them absolutely no reason to target me apart from the car i was driving

The bloke gave a sticker for the Motorvation sticker across the windscreen and the exhaust being excessively loud. Cunt! When i said to him "ive driven through several booze buses and never had any problems" he replied with "this isnt a booze bus, we're just trying to get everything we can"

So now have to take the car over the pits, probably need to plumb off the BOV, peel the tint off, take the lip off so it sits above 100mm and somehow silence the exhaust. I guess. Any other things that they will be particularly cunty about when doing the work order?

Basically not happy at all. Was just about to say "So what are the real criminals doing tonight?" but somehow i dont think that wouldve helped the cause, so restrained myself

And out.
I bet if your Dad was driving it wouldn't have been pulled over!
Old 01-02-2008, 08:18 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

GETAGRIP at standard level
Send a message via MSN to GETAGRIP

Quote:
I'm sure someone on here knows the specifics but I was under the impression that they 'could' stuff a 'exhaust air quality probe' (yes, I know its clear I don't know what they are actually called) up your cars poo hole and, if you don't have a cat' nail you on an emissions infringement which can be up to $10,000!! Personally I was always told to make doubly sure you had a CAT in when going near the pits.

m2c
Al