Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Stupid shit you've been fined for by Police for! (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/18228-stupid-shit-youve-been-fined-police.html)

JA50N 21-02-2008 11:46 PM

Stupid shit you've been fined for by Police for!

Has anyone been arrested or fined for anything stupid?

Well, fuck me, how dumb am I? I got done for the 3rd time tonight driving the GC8 with a expired yellow at a booze bus.

Had a driving without license and the driving stuff, but nothings as dumb as me this time.

Anyone else been done for anything stupid?

SPEC IV 21-02-2008 11:49 PM

Didn't get fined but got pulled over and license check etc.. for going around a roundabout too fast...no tyres squealing etc... and still got pulled over. :confused:

Mat 22-02-2008 12:05 AM

got an undue and excessive noise fine a few years ago after doing a single pegger skid in my XF falcon.. Cops were on side of the road and i was trying to impress my girlfriend LOL.

Then there was the time going VERY fast when i first got the wrx. Well and truely over the speed limit. Industrial area late at night. Thankfully a good attitude got me 6 points and $350. I lost my license that week and the other bloke involved was a smartass, got yellowed and a court appearance for racing. He lost his license for 12mnths or something. Years ago now!

Im VERY lucky hoon laws werent around in those days. My car woulda been crushed lol

Sheer moments of stupidity yes, but sometimes steep learning curves in life arent a bad thing :) Making mistakes is one thing, learning from them is another!

JA50N 22-02-2008 12:15 AM

[QUOTE=Mat]got an undue and excessive noise fine a few years ago after doing a single pegger skid in my XF falcon.. Cops were on side of the road and i was trying to impress my girlfriend LOL.[/QUOTE]

That is quiet possibly the funniest and best thing I have ever read.

vyper 22-02-2008 12:25 AM

Wastegate, cops, traffic, rage, not paying attention. You get the point :)

nasty sti 22-02-2008 12:33 AM

when i close my fists i can be arrested for posession of deadly weapons :icon_ramb

apart from that, got arrested and taken in for questioning because my girlfriend did a house break (this was 17 years ago) copped a nice floggin for that one!!

JA50N 22-02-2008 12:41 AM

[QUOTE=vyper]Wastegate, cops, traffic, rage, not paying attention. You get the point :)[/QUOTE]

Didn't you get arrested by the gay police Luca :D

sinister 22-02-2008 12:42 AM

I was fined $250 and 3 demerits for hanging fluffy dice from the rear view mirror of my s15 !

JA50N 22-02-2008 12:43 AM

[QUOTE=sinister]I was fined $250 and 3 demerits for hanging fluffy dice from the rear view mirror of my s15 ![/QUOTE]

You should be in jail for life. Why the fuck would you hang fluffy dice from a S15...Oh wait, it's a Silvia :D

BLAAA 22-02-2008 01:36 AM

excessivley drunk in public a few times talked cops into takn me home :D back in my mandurah days, was paddied in late 06 maggot and butt naked at some randoms house lost as fuck :S no idea how i got there was awkwarddd

JA50N 22-02-2008 02:35 AM

LOL LOL LOL!!!!

I remember this dude on schoolies, he was that pissed, cops chased him, he jumped in a bin and hid. Little did he know the cops seen him get in it. They stood there for like 10 minutes around the bin, then he popped his head up to see if they were there still and they cuffed him. So funny

mrclubspecevo4 22-02-2008 07:52 AM

$100 and three points for :"operating fog lights and headlights without the presence of fog"

cops drove off in xr6 with death rattles from engine/drivetrain and fog lights on :confused:

funny thing, he kept feeling the air above the bonnet vents saying that it was hot...... wow, what a discovery einstein

BALISTC 22-02-2008 07:56 AM

Got a $100 fine for two bald front tyres, after ripping a huge skid out of Tuart Hill Maccas in my RX7, when I was on my P plates, trying to show off to my mates!

The cops were sitting at the Morley Drive lights and I didn't even see them!

I thought I got off pretty well considering there was two strips on the road from the burnout :D

Wasn't exactly "stupid" on the cops behalf, but definitely was on mine!!

Smokey 22-02-2008 08:02 AM

Got pulled over for driving in the right hand lane of the freeway with no one around except the unmarked car in front of me (he was also in the right hand lane).

He had just moved left into the middle lane, then pulled me over to ask me why i was still in the right hand lane. Told him it was safer to be there than to be behind him (for various reasons). He then proceeded to tell me that it had nothing to do with safety, so i called him on it and he got narky. Eventually let me off with a "warning" because he knew he was full of shit.

Chris 22-02-2008 08:27 AM

Got pulled over for a "random breath test and license check" in my old car (Lancer with a cat back exhaust... I know, shh) On a thursday afternoon at like 2:00 mind you.

Guy wanted to check under the bonnet so I popped it. Then he asked if I had a permit for my extractors :confused: To which I replied "i dont have extractors"

Didn't get fined or anything. He was too busy asking about my stock exhaust manifold when he should have been interrogating me for the slicks I was running at the time (poor uni student can't afford tires haha)

Meanwhile there's probably a woman down the street getting beaten by her husband.

Half an hour of my life that I'll never get back.

Craig 22-02-2008 08:51 AM

got flashed draggin a statesman >.>. on Albany Hwy sat night

Brendan08 22-02-2008 09:11 AM

and he lost too

Craig 22-02-2008 09:21 AM

nope i won. but then we both slowed down i just slowed down to 80 should of slowed down back to 60 :( but i just let it go down itself. then all the sudden BAM red flash..grrr

Trexx 22-02-2008 09:51 AM

Excessive and undue noise for having my $100 stereo in the Torana up to loud?? WTF

I would have argued but was in no state to be driving - got away with that :)

This was when I was 17 and dont condone that behaviour now (or just too much chance of getting caught these days!)

sleepy 22-02-2008 10:08 AM

I had one of those people that pull the trucks over to check if they are legal? pull me over and tell me to turn my stereo down. Not really sure what he thought he could do about it if I hadn't turned it down.

Got done for doing 137 in a 110 zone, was trying to break my record to perth :(
was about 7am not a single car on the road, except a cop.

Adr3naL1N 22-02-2008 10:20 AM

got done on sat for an illegal u turn at a set of traffic lighs :( 100 bucks and 2 points, am now down to 1 point until june 2009 :(

also got done in 06 for going 85 in a 50, they claimed i was doing, 102, then he changed it to 105 and then the 2nd officer claimed 110, i beat that charge in the end :)

BREW 22-02-2008 10:24 AM

Did not stop at 'STOP' sign and wrote off the camry that was in my way.
Happened on the following day when i received my 'P'

Lesson 1 - Learn to stop at 'STOP' sign.

Brendan08 22-02-2008 10:27 AM

Squeeling wheels onto Morley drive. On P's could have been done by reckless but the police man let me off cause he liked my car...haha funny that!

In the end got 3 points and $150 fine :)

sn001 22-02-2008 10:34 AM

Mrs. got done for having foggys switched on at 12 in the noon. she thought she is switching on cruise control.

RUSSGT 22-02-2008 10:35 AM

3 points and a couple hunge for doin a skid in a childcare carpark on a sat after footy. They made me clean the burnout mark and said if i didnt they would arrest me for graffiti. haha i had to clean it. Embarrasing.

Edit: Noone was in the childcare!

Then 3 points for doin a handbrakie in my corrolla in the rain. It was a perfect handbrakie to but the motorbike cop comin towards me didnt think so. Undue care.

AWDmoke 22-02-2008 10:36 AM

Failure to come to a complete halt at a stop sign, speeding, urinating in a public place, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, driving under the influence, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding, speeding.

Yes, all the things I've been fined for have been stupid shit.
(but we were all young once)

ITGRIPS 22-02-2008 10:47 AM

the worst two for me many moons ago are ( young and dumb ):

first, got flashed doing 167kph ( was actually going faster than that too but didnt complain ) down mitchell fwy ( yes racing ), $350 fine and six points

second, when living in Bunbury, got done for excessive noise/reckless driving, i clutched it and it stepped out a little going through some lights in my commodore, cops where not too far behind and heard it, $150 fine and 3 points

one or two speeding since then but nothing for the past 3+ years, have all points back this year

Pimpreza 22-02-2008 10:52 AM

Fined for not keeping to the left on a single lane road cos the pig on his bike (1st class cuntstable Kidd) was in my blind spot & I didn't want to run him off the road so I didn't move asross till I knew exactly where he was, only followed me for about 100m, threatened to get a paddy wagon to come get me because I was swearing, went to court & still lost...FUKKER.

GX-REX 22-02-2008 01:35 PM

Undue and excessive noise. When working for a panel shop we had to pick up 18 ex rental corollas from bayswater rent a car. 4 out of the 6 of us got done by an unmarked cop for handbrakies around the front of baysie pub. Stupid thing to do but i was only 17 - 18.

westoz 22-02-2008 04:52 PM

Thursday before Good Friday 2005..... 7.35AM, 5 mins into school zone time. NO-ONE around except me & the Multanova. Kids were all still in bed or eating brecky at that time!!! Normally 70 zone, was doing 71.

$250 + 8 points (double demerits for Easter - like, Easter starts on Thursday?). Obviously the operator thought he would get a few for his quota, in the knowledge that the Thursday was the only working/school day of the Easter campaign; before stealthing the highways later on that day.

Drivers down my way have been known to make bulk purchases of Roundup to deal with bushes that hide the operator's vans at known Multanova setups. [img]http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/images/smilies/smilies1/icon_twisted.gif[/img]

WRP10 22-02-2008 05:03 PM

Never lost a point on my license but ive been done twice for public urination, one in an alley in NB and the other one was on the median strip on leach.

And got done twice on leavers for street drinking, funny thing is tho, i wasnt Adam any of these times

TopGear 22-02-2008 05:41 PM

I was told to slow down by an angry Off duty Police officer after I gave it heaps of shit past him :p I didnt know he was a cop and was happy to not get done, Also got pulled over by cops after they saw me booting it through a round a bout near Bently uni there, they didnt book me and then he started asking me how good the car was on fuel and if it was fast haha :D I always start by saying Hey hows it goin mate! when they come up to my window has worked so far haha

OllieJ 22-02-2008 05:53 PM

Warned for driving for too long in the right lane of the freeway.

Not been done for anything yet in the rex, but the good old days with the 300zx TT I got flashed several times and never got tickets :D

SublimeForester 22-02-2008 06:01 PM

[QUOTE=mrclubspecevo4]$100 and three points for :"operating fog lights and headlights without the presence of fog"

[/QUOTE]
had the same back in 2000. Driving home from work on christmas eve, and had my "ultra cool" 7w foggies on. They were in the bottom of the front bumper on my "ultra cool" CC Lancer and were angled so the light hit the ground about 1.5 m in front of the car.
Handed me 3 point s and $150. He said since its christmas eve Ive let you off on the fine......it should be $300! yeah Cheers mate!

But it did stop me from blinding any unfortunate ants that happened to venture in front of my car!

teejay 22-02-2008 06:04 PM

LOL I dont have time to type out all the stupid shit.

Few highlights - Joe made me crack up - so ill recite my Tuart hill maccas experience.

Vn, massive stereo, massive crowd on a thurs. Thought a burnout was in order. Hiding in the dark next to the Nandos bins was a undercover car. Got me just around the corner at medical centre across the road.
Cops get out ask me why I did it - "umm cos im stupid and I wanted to look cool"
Cop laughs, walks off, comes back 10 seconds later with an esky from the back of the car
"weve been sitting there for an hour and a half thank fuck you gave us something to do"
Hands me a diet coke, tells me to sit down, starts asking me what im doing etc - was at uni at the time. Finishes his smoke and drink, his partner goes "you seem like a decent kid, go home now and dont let us see you at maccas till next week or we wont be so nice"

best cops ever :)

Well.. asides from the one who got me off the clock in my 31 at 4am Sunday on the Freeway... thank fuck he understood the seriousness of diabetes and how I had to get home for insulin ;)

Or the one who tried to arrest me for "inciting a riot" at Leach Hwy Maccas for telling people to "spin one up" on a megaphone :)

I could write a book, literally :D

CATELUS 22-02-2008 06:05 PM

I've had my fair share already still being on p's.

1st was Peak hour traffic, doing 40k's, low cast, R8 infront/ boom! = neg driving 3 points $360 fine.

2nd time i went to a hooning area to show of the RS as i just bought it, everyone was honking their horns, and i rang up a mate that was 2 meters away from me in a car to figure out where to go next as u coudlnt hear a damn thing, as the cops were kicking everyone out. Unmarked cop was facing me as i did a u-ey. As soon as i dropped my phone, i rolled a bit and got me for talking on the phone while driving. 3 points and
$400 fine.

Now im on 1 point till 2010.

And recently i ran a red light camera going to a club on friday night. Sooo... expecting to most likely loose my license for 3 months. =(

chee 22-02-2008 06:06 PM

apply for a license when you get to perth.

car: 3 x $50/$75 fines.

non car: disorderly conduct

Fabs 22-02-2008 06:24 PM

hmmmm.....
in the barina;
pulled over for "looking like i had a problem with traction"...
excessive noise....
excessive speeding - "we were doing 150 and we werent catching you.." replied with "i didnt think my little car could go that fast officer.." couldnt fine me as he didnt get a radar fix...ended up fining me for 'failure to clearly display rear number plate' as the light on the rear licence plate had just blown..

in the clubspec evo4;
spotlights..
having a tow ball - covered up one digit on licence plate..
failure to stop..
reckless driving..
accelerating excessively..

in this wrx;
NOTHING!!

Strubaru 22-02-2008 06:28 PM

[QUOTE=Mat]got an undue and excessive noise fine a few years ago after doing a single pegger skid in my XF falcon.. Cops were on side of the road and i was trying to impress my girlfriend LOL.

Then there was the time going VERY fast when i first got the wrx. Well and truely over the speed limit. Industrial area late at night. Thankfully a good attitude got me 6 points and $350. I lost my license that week and the other bloke involved was a smartass, got yellowed and a court appearance for racing. He lost his license for 12mnths or something. Years ago now!

Im VERY lucky hoon laws werent around in those days. My car woulda been crushed lol

Sheer moments of stupidity yes, but sometimes steep learning curves in life arent a bad thing :) Making mistakes is one thing, learning from them is another![/QUOTE]

x2 except change the first one to your misuses integra type r at midarie servo whilst the cops were sitting watching me in hjs drive thru :( totally fucked up all by myself and learned the lesson the hard way

and change the second one to 99 in a 50 zone in my R33 GTS :( tried to fight it in court but with the loving looks of the magistrate to my prosecuting senior sargeant and his loving come-fuk-me reply nod & smile back i knew i was doomed :(

even though the range indicator on his lidar gun read 12XXm and the street i was on doesn't exist 1200m from where he was standing the judge was only interested in the certificate that said the cop knew how to operate the lidar :( stupid me cops 350 fine & 6 points = loss of lic 4 me

in hindsight i'm lucky coz of new hoon laws, but i'm no longer a tool in a skyline (we've all seen them LOL) you live & you learn, now i'm just an old fart in an old stock as a rock subaru mumsy car :D

gorotsuki69 22-02-2008 06:52 PM

[QUOTE=Strubaru] now i'm just an old fart in an old stock as a rock subaru mumsy car :D[/QUOTE]

A VF22 in a Fozz stock as a rock? :eek:

Day after I got my 250cc licence I went out and bought a ZX6R Ninja. Went for a ride in the middle of the night and undercover car pulled me over cos I was wobbling all over the road... told me I was getting a court summons for no licence. shat myself for weeks but the summons never came!!! :wave: