Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   1/4 mile time 05 sti (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/24328-1-4-mile-time-05-sti.html)

confuzion 16-01-2009 01:00 PM

fark crazy temps

[quote]03 STI TBE k&n panel filter fuel pump tune 260hp@ the hubs 12.58
so with a tune thats what you wopuld expect[/quote]

Sean you amaze me how you get the most out of every car!

jzr 16-01-2009 02:11 PM

[QUOTE=gtr_eta]Quit for the day dyno room hit 54 after several power runs this morning ...
No point trying to tune these cars...[/QUOTE]

stuff that. so how long will it be before waynes there drinking beer?

gtr_eta 16-01-2009 02:14 PM

He has been and gone too hot for even the onlookers ha ha

jzr 16-01-2009 02:32 PM

[QUOTE=gtr_eta]He has been and gone too hot for even the onlookers ha ha[/QUOTE]

haha. when its a little cooler ill come down and say hi. its been a while since i have been that way.

stoff 16-01-2009 04:44 PM

[QUOTE=Serbaru]Hey guys just got back from kwinana and had 1 pretty good run with the new cold air intake and then after that couldnt do it again or get quicker....i got 13.058 and after that non stop 13.2 13.4 the colder the night got the worser times...i think it could be from the aps cold air intake that i just got put on was cold for one run and then after that too much hot air getting to it ...seems that my launches are alot better with constant 1.8's now but times are getting slower after adding the aps.

So best i achieved was 13.058@164kmh but couldnt do it again or come close from it always .2 off....previous best time with normal stock air box intake was 13.1 all day on a hot night.

what use think??? much appreciated[/QUOTE]

How long are you leaving it between runs?

I'd suggest parking up for longer with the bonnet up and maybe even some ice packs on the intercooler and intake pipe. Let everything cool right down.

Everyone wants to get as many runs in as possible, but whats the point (apart from practising shifting) if your going slower?

Wasn't wed the hottest overnight min of the summer so far? The cast alloy of the APS intake is definately going to hold the heat longer than the plastic under those conditions.

Serbaru 17-01-2009 12:17 AM

[QUOTE=207 de]So all you have is a pod right? no exhaust or anything?

How were you planning to get a tune for the pod, or K & N filter if you dont have any form of aftermarket ecu?

Not trying to be smart, just its not making a-lot of sense.. : ) (I have an 05 sti as well, got 13.5 dead stock, 13.1 is a fast time)

Also note that modding the new age subarus without ecu changes generally will slow it down, or worse, possibly cause some damage.

Be careful dude.[/QUOTE]

Nah i have a turbo back exhaust and just the APS CAI Which wasnt the best.

Nice time as well man for stock...13.5.

Im gonna get a verso tune done very soon.

207 de 17-01-2009 07:25 AM

ah, ok..I need to read things more closely hehe...TBE...

13.5 is about the norm without being too agressive..I think my 60ft was around 2sec with that time. : )

Mind you, its modded now, havent been back to the drags yet..Should be good for a low 12...If I get interested enough! : )

fffffred 17-01-2009 10:25 AM

Pete,

How long have you had the MY05 for? What happened to the bugeye?

When's the next Dambuster?

Fred
________
[URL="http://howtorollajoint.net/"]HOW TO ROLL A JOINT[/URL]

207 de 17-01-2009 11:19 AM

hey fffred! : )

Had the 05 sti for over a year, the bug crashed and burned man! : ) Me being silly, no injuries though but the car died..

Dambusters ey? Its been a while...they still happen but not so public these days..p-wrx so big now ; )

Leeroy 09-02-2009 10:36 PM

Can I ask what is the approx 1/4 time for a stock Bugeye STi, and roughly what would you expect it to be in same model with TBE, CAI, verso and fuel pump? I gather that is the general starting point for mods for the model (excluding suspension etc)?

Cheers