Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   S202 or Classic (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/26185-s202-classic.html)

teejay 22-04-2009 05:33 PM

[QUOTE=BN01]From my understanding, Dutton is a hell of a lot less serious than Targa. Thats kinda of the point of Dutton, isnt it?[/QUOTE]

Correct - anything goes pretty much.

Its a far cry from the strict rules and dillegent scrutinering of Targa events.

98wrxevo2 22-04-2009 05:34 PM

If Brendon will sell his car for 32K then I think it is hard to go past, you may buy one cheaper but you will soon spend more to get it to the standard of Brendon's. His car is very good and still able to win at speed event series or the like and if you wanted to do Targa you still can(it was in the top 10 until drive shaft problems)

Michael

Trexx 22-04-2009 05:39 PM

[QUOTE=WRXRW]stock s202 with decent tyres would be a blast to drive. learn the car, improve the package as funds permit (or as parts become available through the grapevine). what's to say you couldn't bring the car out on the occassional perth-wrx cruise either? enjoy the track oriented stuff but then bring it out to events like rexpo and allow people to see and salivate over it. half the fun of owning a special like a s202 is the interaction you will get from other wrx owners out there.

heart says s202 so we can come close to having the whole s-series collection in perth!

perth-wrx-s-series-sti.com[/QUOTE]

Thing I am wondering is how the S202 would compare to my 08 STI.

Another thing is I guess it will need a tune due to our fuel being 98?

I am sure Jamies car will be awesome too!

WRXRW 22-04-2009 05:43 PM

chris & t will be driving in this weekends transcore classic challenge in their fletchers smash repairs 02 type ra sti. on paper it would be very close to the s202 so it might pay to check them out. its otherwise standard apart from 5 way dms struts and a cobra technology race seat thanks to me (things we do for our painters).

Taktics 22-04-2009 05:43 PM

[QUOTE=phizzle]1 designates a hairpin type corner
6,7 is like a slight kink in the road or a fast sweeper.
The lower the number the earlier you will need to brake as it will signify a slower corner. Some drivers split corners into degrees (as in parts of 360) and assign a number to certain degrees or even use what gear you want to be in for to take that corner as fast as possible. As in a 3rd gear corner would be 3 Left or 3 Right (That's what I like to know anyway).

The more important factors are wether the road 'opens' as in the exit of the corner allows you to power on much earlier or 'tightens' as in the first part of the corner carries a fair bit of speed but you still need to be slowing later towards the end of the corner.[/QUOTE]

Learn something new everyday eh :) I was going at the right direction :p

WRXRW 22-04-2009 05:50 PM

[QUOTE=spotydog]Thing I am wondering is how the S202 would compare to my 08 STI.

Another thing is I guess it will need a tune due to our fuel being 98?

I am sure Jamies car will be awesome too![/QUOTE]

the s-series are somewhat, for lack of a better word, special. you could have an 02sti and an s202 back to back and it would be worlds apart. comparing it to a current sti, that's a tough one as 7+ years worth of newer technology is always going to favour the new model, but i can honestly say, these factory special cars are just so good that you don't mind going back to windows 98 even if you run windows xp. it works.

you could run on ultimate 98 no problem, it wouldn't hurt the car. maybe on a 45+ degree day while your ringing its neck with less than 1/4 of tank but if your that paranoid spend 900/1500 on a verso/ecutek for peace of mind or wait until a pnp sm4 board or m800 comes on the market.

looking forward to the s204, it is, from all accounts, one of the best and fastest factory subaru's ever built.

type25 22-04-2009 06:33 PM

[QUOTE=jEstEr?]i love how one part of the article says it is standard then another says it was built by MSR and had some cam work. and why was it put together only to strip it?[/QUOTE]

It was brought in as parts by JWS, was then assembled to check/test the car out. It was then stripped as necessary for rollcage etc.

jEstEr? 22-04-2009 06:49 PM

makes sense!

the kiwi 22-04-2009 08:24 PM

Can I get some things clarified?

If spotty dog was to bring in a s202 it would only be a b-reg type scenario. It would not be road registrable?

If so, is WRXRW's s201 also not registered for general driving duties? but rather extended 'maintenance drives' and for events?

To further this if what I have above is correct the only way to get one of the above on the road would be to transfer all the bits out of the shell to an aus delivered shell and in reality create a psudeo-s20x.

+1 for awesome thread

scoobygez 22-04-2009 08:35 PM

Exactly as i have just found out :) :) :)