Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   S202 or Classic (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/26185-s202-classic.html)

WRXRW 23-04-2009 09:31 AM

speaking of sam brand, his current car would be a very good buy. it was driven by dean herridge at last years targa tassie and as you know it did extremely well. back to back with the pbms built mms car its hard to pick which one is better but a fraction of the cost of the possum car. we need to bring it back to perth, its birth place :D

[url]http://www.my105.com.au/classified.asp?id=7867[/url]

Trexx 23-04-2009 09:35 AM

[QUOTE=urabus]IMHO go and buy the last Evo 9 rs from heaphy at ralliart for $40k. Exhaust, tune tyres. Brand new car (read super reliable) that you know the history of that will run low 13's down the 1/4 mile all day. Already in Australia so no import dramas. Heaphy / Ralliart will give you great parts backup (at a price) compared to subaru motorsport and you know the car is super super competitive.

Then you have someone that will provide the car licensed etc rather than all the bullshit and lies that I had to sort through.

When you go to sell it you will still get really good money for it. Some rally guy will buy it and smash it up on the dirt.

My 2c[/QUOTE]

Even though My lastest Subies have let me down - a lot, I still prefer to wave the Subaru Flag (and I realise this is probably at my own detriment).

I was a staunch Holden man an have owned many commonwhores, Torana's HQ even a crappy Frontera. I saw the light in 2004 and bought my MY04 (GM has a stake in Subaru is how I justified it). Moving to another make so soon might be too emotionally draining :)

If I can get the approval to bring a car in I have a friend who owns Jap import business that has agreed to get their buyer to find a car, ship it, customs it and comply it at cost of the what the external parties charge.

I only discovered that they would be willing to help yesterday (didnt want to push the friendship) and am pleased they have offered.

Where to keep the car is an issue - I have no space and have been canvassing rellies and friends for storage.

Still weighing up the options though!

WRXRW 23-04-2009 09:41 AM

if space is an issue at home i would suggest this option. pay for your own self lock storage. this way drive your road car in, swap over cars. that way the 08sti is protected and out of sight while you transit to the racetrack have your fun, then drive back, swap cars back over and drive the 08sti back home. for convenience and peace of mind its hard to fault this system. depending on the size of the storage place, you may even be able to keep a few spares such as wheels/tyres and the like without cluttering your home/garage.

Trexx 23-04-2009 09:53 AM

gracias Ramon - I'll look into it

My next house is definitely having a 4 car garage!

yo te debo muchos churros

WRXRW 23-04-2009 09:54 AM

de nada amigo. espero que consigas el subaru especial dos cero dos!

deviant 23-04-2009 10:20 AM

Rent a garage at Wanneroo?

Kato 23-04-2009 10:46 AM

I want some churros too!

urabus 23-04-2009 10:52 AM

[QUOTE=deviant]Rent a garage at Wanneroo?[/QUOTE]

They are too cheap so people dont let them go. Even once they have sold their car. EPIC waiting list.

Just to throw another option into the mix motor image in singapore (they are the subaru motorsport dealers for the asia pacific and if you wanted a new my08 2ltr for rally duties it has to come through them. They are also very tied up with PBMS) has a brand new my 07 spec c that they want to sell. It looks like a very basic build. i.e. cage, seats, harnesses and thats about it. Given that it is now 2 years old they tell me that they are very keen to move it on. If you are interested I have some pictures and emails I can send you.

Someone also told me that they had about 35 brand new my 07 spec c's with no cages in them. Whether they will sell a car with no cage I dont know because I am having trouble getting a price out of them for an 09 Sti with no cage.

Brendon

Trexx 23-04-2009 10:58 AM

I think these would be on my "in a few years" list if I decide to go to the next step.

Ultra tempting though.

nauli 23-04-2009 11:04 AM

[QUOTE=spotydog]If I can get the approval to bring a car in I have a friend who owns Jap import business that has agreed to get their buyer to find a car, ship it, customs it and comply it at cost of the what the external parties charge.

I only discovered that they would be willing to help yesterday (didnt want to push the friendship) and am pleased they have offered.

Still weighing up the options though![/QUOTE]

Keep me in the loop Graham...I'm currently considering options too...