Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Just bought my first rex and have a few questions! (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/26497-just-bought-my-first-rex-have-few-questions.html)

phizzle 07-05-2009 12:32 PM

Looks like you'll get knocked back on the exhaust for too low, possibly too loud. Put a stocker on just to be sure.

4kicks 07-05-2009 11:57 PM

That helps heaps thanks guys!! I'll do some digging tomorrow and hopefully book it in to go over the pits. How much is it to do that? I bet they shaft you. I've spent most of my remaining travel money on the car so I'll definatly take jzr up on your offer mate! I can drop it back to you once it goes over the pits. Thats a huge help! I can also pick up a stock exaust from silo's_sube. So does anyone know a cheap exhaust place that will chuck it on? I love perth but it just sux not being in the know when it comes to cars. This forum has been a huge help!

Philbo 08-05-2009 12:00 AM

Hey man I spotted you tonight at Caltex on Powis St you were cleaning your back window, I was the guy staring at your car hahaha In the Nissan Navara ! :D. Nice Neat clean example of some GC8 Loving mate ! It looks like you maintain it really really well, good to see.

mr_psi 08-05-2009 12:57 PM

i would also recommend you take that boost controller off. not for pit reasons but just for the saftey of your engine.

jzr 08-05-2009 01:02 PM

[QUOTE=4kicks]That helps heaps thanks guys!! I'll do some digging tomorrow and hopefully book it in to go over the pits. How much is it to do that? I bet they shaft you. I've spent most of my remaining travel money on the car so I'll definatly take jzr up on your offer mate! I can drop it back to you once it goes over the pits. Thats a huge help! I can also pick up a stock exaust from silo's_sube. So does anyone know a cheap exhaust place that will chuck it on? I love perth but it just sux not being in the know when it comes to cars. This forum has been a huge help![/QUOTE]

Mettams Mufflers are pretty Cheap and if its a plain exhaust swap then it should be no worries for them.

4kicks 08-05-2009 01:43 PM

Sweet thanks again man! I went to the pits today just to get them to give me a rough idea and sounds like it is just the exhaust and bov but I am told I need the vent covers on and I only have the left one!! So if anyone has any spare LHS vent covers to sell or just borrow for a day?!

wrxwgn 08-05-2009 03:12 PM

i have one

4kicks 08-05-2009 04:18 PM

Never mind sorry man the people who sold me the car found the other one lol.

WRXTASY 09-05-2009 08:42 AM

Instead of buying a new exhaust, you might be lucky and be able to bolt up the standard factory one to the centre pipe just to get it over the pits. Any workshop listed should have one lying around otherwise lots of members here would have a factory one they can loan you for free :)

Also the boost controller, either remove it or set it up to not go over 15 PSI.

If your on a budget buy the Possumlink ECU or the Power FC in the for sale section and get your car tuned.

A word of warning as well, DONT fuck around putting a pod filter or any oiled filter for that matter on this model of WRX - you will stuff the air flow meter and likely kill an engine.

Welcome.

4kicks 25-05-2009 07:13 PM

Hey guys I'm still on the hunt for a stock bov that will get me over the pits. Does anyone have one lying around for a lend or buy??