Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-08-2009, 09:34 PM
WRXRW

i would say weaker as the those stich welds on the widebody would of been done by hand not a robot!

either either i would die for one, just to add to the collection. something iconic about the 22b. you could break it down at just another typeR with a few parts here and there, sum greater than its parts?

import one with low kms, take the wheels off it, drain the fluids and put a cover over it and 20 years later reveal it to the world in total awe'somess!
Old 17-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level

Just a fat 2 door that's not really any quicker than a V3 STI, if they had made 20,000 of them they wouldn't get a second look & I doubt most non Subaru owners would even notice the difference.
Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.
Old 17-08-2009, 11:43 PM
WRXRW

that's a bit rough for one of the iconic poster cars for subaru!

you would be surprised how many non subaru people actually know about the 22b, even non-car people. according to the main man nick senior, in his eyes, it will become a million dollar car in years to come. personally i hope this never happens as it will put them out of reach of mere mortals, even now as the sheer number and how many are actually coveted means most will remain in well kept conditions in private collections for eons.

i was fortunate to drive paul's 22b for a brief moment and it left an invaluable impression with me. one day ill realise the dream of owning one if nothing more than for a piece of rolling artwork.
Old 18-08-2009, 01:15 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

tommo at standard level

not many people will notice a 22b, i have a 2dr v5 and not many people even realise that its only got 2drs, they just get it..
Old 18-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

They are no good to race with. Looked very seriously at building one with the logic being that I could run 17" rubber in targa tas specs as opposed to the 16" I have to run now. Because there was only ever 400 made they were never homologated. i.e. the minimum weight you can run is the brochure weight (1280 i think) plus 47kg's. You can run an RA under 1200.

Also try and get some parts for it.

Would be great for Dutton etc but a hell of a lot of money to spend and an extremely small market to sell it to when you want to offload it. Especially there where I can run 18's and a v8 if I want to.

Also in terms of coupe v sedan the coupe is heavier and less rigid. Albeit only marginly.

Brendon
Old 18-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Sir AntiLag

Adrian at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to Adrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxrw View Post
import one with low kms, take the wheels off it, drain the fluids and put a cover over it and 20 years later reveal it to the world in total awe'somess!
!!!
Old 18-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Sir AntiLag

Broomy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXRW View Post
i would say weaker as the those stich welds on the widebody would of been done by hand not a robot!

either either i would die for one, just to add to the collection. something iconic about the 22b. you could break it down at just another typeR with a few parts here and there, sum greater than its parts?

I think this guy will be sweating on his purchase for a while.... It will be good pickings for somebody with cash in a couple of months.

Also this is a "Classic" so I feel that the fact that its race/rally only is not a major problem for a collector/ enthusiast who can still drive it at selected events without butchering it into a tarmac rally car...
Old 18-08-2009, 10:17 AM
WRXRW

on my guesstinamtic calculator he is trying to pocket 20g's over what im assuming he paid for it. hey that's fine, especially when there are people out there who don't do any homework and will stumble on this as a bargain, relative to the current pricing on a class rego ones! 20 is huge premium for someone to do the hard work for you, then again, its easy!

at 45 it would be a great buy (checks bank account) but i fear even that is still off putting to some people as for the same money you could get the latest and greatest from the subaru stable in the form of say an RA-R. i wear my gc8 hat with unabashful pryde but even i can conciede that its time to move on!
Old 18-08-2009, 10:30 AM
WRXRW

http://www.goo-net.com/cgi-bin/goojp...e=maker_search

its the same car & same photos used from the 105 ad.

2,380,000.00 JPY = 30,361.25 AUD
Japan Yen Australia Dollars
1 JPY = 0.0127568 AUD 1 AUD = 78.3894 JPY

factor in about 6-8 grand to get it here and that's a 22b for under 40 grand, that's the guys break even price and that's all anyone should offer!

not a bad way to make a hefty profit, vehicular speculation...supply the need of an already existing product, repackge it and pocket the handling fee!
Old 18-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level

I think the biggest problem for any Subaru's being a good investment is the fact that they have made so many limited run cars, admittedly the 22B is the most well known of them all but I think it'll take many many years to be worth buying one now to sit on it, lets face it, prices are still dropping.
I don't think it will ever be as iconic as the Toyota 2000GT as that was a one off design made in similar numbers whereas the 22B has too many similar cars that were just as good & looked virtually the same.
Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.

Tags
22b, 65k