Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   FPV or GTS (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/28665-fpv-gts.html)

MKVIGTI 21-08-2009 04:41 PM

I draw the line on the Holden side in any argument cos I grew up being a Brocky fan but if I was stumping my own hard earned for either of them ( Hell would freeze over first ) it would be on a Ford.

Borrowing the old mans VY S Commonwhore at the moment and hate it. Drove the brother in laws new to him 2004 XR8 ute last week and a mates 2005 GTP a few years ago and really liked them.

Wouldn't swap the STi for them though!!!

WRXRW 21-08-2009 04:42 PM

i wont pretend to know anything about the gts but i can carry on all day about the f6.

the fg6's are a good thing and a serious improvement over the b series.

good points first....

first and foremost out of the box completely standard they push out 320rwkw's which is just massively contradicting the claimed flywheel horsepower and if you consider a ba/f struggles to do 250rwkw. a gt and gtp with a claimed "315" from factory struggle to break into the 300's...so what does that say about the psychology of numbers as to not offend the bread and butter v8 heartland!

if that doesn't impress you then a set of injectors, fmic, exhaust & edit these thing lay down 400rwkw all day everyday! so for the cost of about 5000 fitted and tuned it has to be the best bang for buck car out there regardless of price bracket. 400rwkw in full street trim is capable of low 11`s even knocking in the 10's in auto guise.

if going manual, the twin plate ap clutch was dropped in favor of a beefier single plate which means its a nicer thing for day to day. the t56 was upgraded to a 6060 tremec but sadly again using the 23 spline input shaft. good news here is that the upgrade is easy and cost effective. the zf 6 speed is unchanged but now the edit guru's have made tuning a possibility to hold down shift points for longer and harder (but seriously why consider auto?).

now the bad news.....

the diff bush is still causing grief, the brakes in standard form are woeful and the pedal feel is not there, unless ticking the 6/4 caliper upgrade the 4/single suffers from serious pad knock. handling is best described as boatish and the factory "premium" sound system should never be turned on for fear your ears will go deaf due to disappointment.

now all the above can be improved upon and transform each and every aspect of the car and the upgrades don't cost the earth and everything is available off the shelf.

in standard fare its a nice car, modded and upgraded its an awesome car.

ill take my bias cap off now!

DAN682 21-08-2009 05:08 PM

Neither they are both heaps of shit.

I can definitely confirm this for the F6.

Hideous piece of shit.

*Disclaimer.... My F6 was a complete fucking lemon and I will never own a FPV for as long as I live. Also after seeing my dad deal with transmission problem in his HDT Grange, 3 engines, a diff, the body being misaligned to the chassis and a transmission in his SV99 and 4 engines in his Caprice, I would stick to Japanese or European

WRXRW 21-08-2009 05:12 PM

in all fairness daniel you got a demo baii which wouldn't set the world on fire even if it had a box of matches and a zippo!

brother in laws bf6 has had all the issues ironed out and its a jet of a car, currently making 330rwkw with standard clutch, 40.000kms of ownership and the only headache has been the bonnet latch and the central locking motor.

scoobygez 21-08-2009 05:14 PM

F6 all the way :)

DAN682 21-08-2009 05:14 PM

You are right, but still parting with that kind of money and having such a piece of shit, with no help from ford. Fuck Ford and the horse it rode in on.

American Dave 21-08-2009 05:18 PM

GTS for muscle car hands down...where's the poll ?

WRXRW 21-08-2009 05:21 PM

if by muscle you mean muscle head.

supercharged ls3 wouldn't be a bad thing, but pushrods, seriously!

SPEC IV 21-08-2009 05:28 PM

What about an old school Camaro or Mustang?? ;)

Zombee 21-08-2009 05:33 PM

Poll added on request.

Cheers
Zombee