Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   yellow sticker club (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/3095-yellow-sticker-club.html)

Adr3naL1N 28-01-2006 02:56 PM

ha yer def raise that ride height.

funny thing was is when i went to midland, he called me up to drive onto the pit and even with my stock exhaust back on it scraped the whole way up there and he still passed me haha.

WRRRX 02-03-2006 08:13 PM

I got my 1st ever yellow sticker today :(
Was for the most stupid reason I have ever heard.
[B]"I'm giving you a yellow sticker for not having a spare tire in your boot"![/B]
WTF?

The stupid officer pulled me over and said it was a random breath test.
Then he proceeded to check out the entire car.
Told me to pop the bonnet straight away and asked what mods I have done.
I proceeded to give him my list of permits. I think that pissed him off!
He was down right rude from the start even though I was hell polite to him the whole time.
Then for some stupid reason, he said where is your nitrous bottle?
I stared at him and sad I don't run nitrous! That's where he thoroughly went over my whole car like he didn't believe me.
He opened the boot, he proceeded to try and remove my subs and amps from the false floor installation.
I told him that they were fixed and was not meant to be removed like that.
He was determine to find a nitrious bottle that didn't exist!!!
Finally he gave up and gave me a yellow sticker for no spare tyre.

I politely told the fukwit that the new smart cars, mini's and some of the new mecedes don't even have a spare tyre.
They just have a bottle of the inflatable tyre repair stuff.
I also showed him my bottle that I had stashed away under the passenger seat.
Still he argued and said well that is the regulations and pinged me for it :mad:

waxdass 02-03-2006 08:18 PM

damn chris that sucks balls

Tho i wouldnt of hav been so politce when he asked me where the nitrous bottle was!

That is just asking for a smart ass answer :)

Bakks 02-03-2006 08:23 PM

Make a complaint about the officer.

Marti 02-03-2006 08:31 PM

Ye man write a nice polite letter to the police head quaters, thats a bull crap reason for a yellow sticker

pmh 02-03-2006 08:41 PM

Chris

Same thing happened to me with the spare tyre (and cop looking for the Nitrous)

I hope you got his name and details.

That is such a waste of time, more so yours.

Could be a case of too much stereotyping and fast furious for the copper.

Good luck with it.

Joe

WRP10 02-03-2006 09:13 PM

[QUOTE=waxdass]damn chris that sucks balls

Tho i wouldnt of hav been so politce when he asked me where the nitrous bottle was!

That is just asking for a smart ass answer :)[/QUOTE]

I have found myself saying "your mum" a lot recently and i think i would have gotten a fkn good clubbing if he asked me the question "wheres the nitrous bottle" :D

chee 02-03-2006 09:58 PM

racist coppers chris! haha. bad luck dude. write a formal complaint to police hq.

wai 03-03-2006 06:29 PM

[QUOTE=WRRRX]I got my 1st ever yellow sticker today :(
Was for the most stupid reason I have ever heard.
[B]"I'm giving you a yellow sticker for not having a spare tire in your boot"![/B]
WTF?

The stupid officer pulled me over and said it was a random breath test.
Then he proceeded to check out the entire car.
Told me to pop the bonnet straight away and asked what mods I have done.
I proceeded to give him my list of permits. I think that pissed him off!
He was down right rude from the start even though I was hell polite to him the whole time.
Then for some stupid reason, he said where is your nitrous bottle?
I stared at him and sad I don't run nitrous! That's where he thoroughly went over my whole car like he didn't believe me.
He opened the boot, he proceeded to try and remove my subs and amps from the false floor installation.
I told him that they were fixed and was not meant to be removed like that.
He was determine to find a nitrious bottle that didn't exist!!!
Finally he gave up and gave me a yellow sticker for no spare tyre.

I politely told the fukwit that the new smart cars, mini's and some of the new mecedes don't even have a spare tyre.
They just have a bottle of the inflatable tyre repair stuff.
I also showed him my bottle that I had stashed away under the passenger seat.
Still he argued and said well that is the regulations and pinged me for it :mad:[/QUOTE]

the same happen to me. (breath test in the morning) and start lookin.

BLUES 03-03-2006 06:43 PM

[QUOTE=WRRRX]I politely told the fukwit that the new smart cars, mini's and some of the new mecedes don't even have a spare tyre.[/QUOTE]

spot on Chris - the new MX5 doesn't have a spare.

WRRRX 03-03-2006 06:49 PM

[QUOTE=BLUES]spot on Chris - the new MX5 doesn't have a spare.[/QUOTE]
Went to the pits today and yes they did CONFIRM that it is NOT law to have a spare tyre in the boot.
What a waste of time !!!
Unfortunately, they won't pass my car with the rims I have on there atm :mad:
More mucking around :angry5:

WRP10 03-03-2006 06:59 PM

Get it in writing in case of next time perhaps?

Adr3naL1N 03-03-2006 07:23 PM

which pits did you go to?

STi Tuned 03-03-2006 08:24 PM

This whole things raw Chris.. make sure you write that letter.

sikem rex 03-03-2006 09:27 PM

name and badge number is on the yellow sticker

might even want to attention it to the Traffic Enfringement Group directly?

WRRRX 04-03-2006 01:47 AM

[QUOTE=WRPI0]Get it in writing in case of next time perhaps?[/QUOTE]I asked to get that in a permit and the guy at the pits said no can do cos there is no law for it!

[QUOTE=Adr3naL1N]which pits did you go to?[/QUOTE]East Perth

Got a guy that was pretty helpful. Young dude.
Called the copper a fukwit for wasting his time and was cursing him LOL
He almost passed my car in 2 mins but unfortunately, there were other inspectors around him and he had to do the full check routine :mad:

So now I have a couple of minor things I have to get fixed to pass the pits!
ie change rims & tyres and adjust coilovers so springs don't move when the car is jacked up. WTF? (pointless I think)
I won't be going back to East Perth.
Think I will check out Welshpool on Tuesday.

And yes, a letter will be written with the offending officer.
His surname is McRae!!! Not a hard one to forget

STi Tuned 04-03-2006 01:58 AM

They jacked your car up to test the springs?... don't think that happened on any of my visits.

Those east perth guys are by the book.

scooby99 04-03-2006 08:22 PM

just my opinion but bypass welshpool pits and head to midland. Welshpool guys can be pricks at the best of time too, never had a problem at midland.

JMAX 04-03-2006 09:01 PM

He would've jacked up the wheel to check for shagged wheel bearing and probably notice that the spring on the coilover wasn't captive. You running the standard springs with your DMS Chris?

[QUOTE=WRRRX]So now I have a couple of minor things I have to get fixed to pass the pits!
ie change rims & tyres and adjust coilovers so springs don't move when the car is jacked up. WTF? (pointless I think)
I won't be going back to East Perth.
Think I will check out Welshpool on Tuesday.
[/QUOTE]

d_generate 05-03-2006 10:48 AM

Midland is by far the best.

WRRRX 05-03-2006 11:48 AM

[QUOTE=BLU WRX]He would've jacked up the wheel to check for shagged wheel bearing and probably notice that the spring on the coilover wasn't captive. You running the standard springs with your DMS Chris?[/QUOTE]
Jonno. I'm running the springs that came with the DMS's.
I don't think you can take them off can you as they come as a set?

Adr3naL1N 05-03-2006 11:50 AM

most of em at welshpool r dicks, go to midland, i can almost say you will def pass, i passed so easily in my old rex.

Grnrx 12-03-2006 11:36 AM

I may be behind times but, dont you need a warrant to search a car, doesnt it fall under the same laws as a house?

swan-dogg 12-03-2006 12:51 PM

don't think so they use the excuse of beyond reasonable doubt that there is something defective on ur car, might hear ur bov, loud exhaust... and do a full search and find a few other bonus defects

FOX123 06-06-2014 08:08 PM

Yellow Sticker for no spare

I have just recently sold a low km immaculate Subaru Forester GT to a mate of mine. he was driving a bit silly around town and just got a yellow sticker on the car. The only thing the cops could pick was that he had no spare tire. I'm just wondering if anyone has had this problem and if it can be challenged as this seems absolute bullshit to me. I think it's fair if they charge you for a driving charge, but now my mate wants me to help him get the yellow sticker off.

mARC 06-06-2014 08:16 PM

Yellows' can't be contested.

Brett Allan 06-06-2014 08:18 PM

They can sticker you for anything they want/feel is wrong with your car... No matter if it's bullshit or something as stupid as that.

End of the day if you drive like a knob, especially somewhere densely populated with people like that they will pull you over and find a reason to give you a sticker.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

thehowlfactor 06-06-2014 08:22 PM

Just make sure the usual things are right. Ride height, exhaust, window tint, BOV etc.

Goosey 06-06-2014 08:22 PM

Firstly, insane thread revival! Is this nearing on a record?

Secondly, (not saying this relates to your mate, but) a bad attitude doesn't help when the police are asking questions. Generally if you are nice, you're let off with a warning of sorts.

pmh 06-06-2014 08:30 PM

Guys, no issue with thread revival
Shits me to tears when guys keep asking users to use the search function and when someone revives a thread legitimately we bag them

You won't be able to contest the sticky
Take it on the chin, it's shit but shit happens
And yes, it's happend to me with the spare tyre, had 17", stock were 16'
Had a can of air instead
Some euro cars don't have spares....but again shit happens

GTB Liberty 06-06-2014 09:05 PM

Prefer thread revival.

Re sticker WHS ^^^^^

Strubaru 07-06-2014 06:45 PM

shoulda told the copper you had runflats :cool:

fingers crossed its not leaking oil from rocker covers or cam or main seals when it goes over the pits, coz you're mates gonna be even more happy with you

if he's blaming you for getting a yellow, meh, they would have found something else to sticker him for driving like a cock, non standard wiper blades maybe :o