Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N
Default yellow sticker club

well got my first yellow sticker ever last night, on the freeway b4 the tunnel, went thru a booze bus n they told me to pull into the middle so they could check my suspension. She claimed it didnt meet the 100mm required, i had fkn 5 ppl in the car as well, and she wouldnt let any of us get out, or even to come back n have a look at how she was measuring it. So i will be goin over the pits for the first time soon.

Just wanted to know, i have no spoiler and the boot holes are still there, just got sticker tape over them for the mo, should i put the spoiler back on to take it over, or wont the pit ppl care about the holes?? also coz its got the third brake light in the spoiler?

i reckon my suspension will be alright, she was just being a bitch, ive seen lower make it throught the pits. Shouldnt have anything else to worry bout i dont think.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:55 PM
STI Master

CDR RA at standard level

You will need your spoiler mounted rear brake light to pass.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Subaru Tech Division

fobz knows their stuff

You MUST have the high mount stop light. Put the spoiler back and connect the light
up otherwise you won't get past the pits. Just goes to show how dumb the cops are. They didn't even notice the 3rd brake light missing. Cops are morons, through and though.

Yet another fine example of how the police are protecting our society.

My flame suit is on. Give it your best biatch.

[COLOR="Red"]My STI's carbon emissions are offset by killing puppies.[/COLOR]
Old 05-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Sir AntiLag

*Stockers* at standard level

Haha,
This happened to me also "Thats too low son!" but never mind the lack of high brake light lol....and i had black electric tape covering spoiler holes on a white car...
Well, he was right... The super lows had to go
Old 05-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Subaru Tech Division

i got super lows too, i aint takin em out, unless they tell me too wen i go thru the pit, most ppl see my car and say i should gte thru, i mean they took the measurement last nite with 5 ppl in the car, im sure 400kg is gonna make a difference to the ride height.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:46 PM
STI Master

STi Tuned at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr3naL1N
yellow sticker club
Congrats, we'll show you the secret handshake next meet.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Subaru Tech Division

haha kool

so wots the deal with measuring the height, i mean wot if there is only you in the car? obviusly its not gonna sit as low, wot are they gonna do? grab 4 randoms n shove em in and them measure it, she claimed, wen we questioned her about us getting out of the car she sed, oh nah the 100mm is takin into account there is 5 ppl in the car, this just doesnt make sense. bullshit i tell you!!
Old 05-01-2006, 09:38 PM
STI Master

STi Tuned at standard level

the 100ml (bout the same as a can of coke) is from the lowest point. By law it has to be higher than that fully loaded, but as you say they can't chuck randoms in your car. So they measure unloaded.

It’s pretty rare to past 1st shot & only $30 or so for the re-inspection. On the first inspection they’ll give you a sheet of what didn’t pass. Then when you go back they just check those things & don’t go over the car again.

Every time I’ve been they always seem to try hard on the first inspection to find something. On the second they don’t seem to give a shit. My advice would be leave the spoiler. If they’re looking for something it’s better they pick something you were going to do anyway & you may get away with it. If they don’t find anything they may start looking harder & pick up something petty anyway.

For more advice pick up a copy of my new book ‘yellow fever’. Available from the pit stop bookshop or where all good books are sold.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:49 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr3naL1N
i got super lows too, i aint takin em out, unless they tell me too wen i go thru the pit, most ppl see my car and say i should gte thru, i mean they took the measurement last nite with 5 ppl in the car, im sure 400kg is gonna make a difference to the ride height.

I had to put the stock springs both times i got the yellows. I had a MY99 with king spring super lows.. They try and get their inflatable jack under the car.. It never made it for my car..
Old 05-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi Tuned
the 100ml (bout the same as a can of coke) is from the lowest point. By law it has to be higher than that fully loaded, but as you say they can't chuck randoms in your car. So they measure unloaded.
Spot on!

The car must be fully loaded. When I got mine checked it JUST passed with nobody in it. The bloke ran a crow bar along the pit walls he said that is 105mm so if it passes that unloaded then it SHOULD pass loaded.

ps had to laugh this morning, cops had the booze bus setup at 9am!!!! just pulling out of mandurah I could not believe my eyes.

Tags
club, sticker, yellow