Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   TurboXS TBE & TUNE MY09 WRX (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/32799-turboxs-turbo-back-exhaust-tune-my09-wrx.html)

JDM_STYLE 10-03-2010 07:08 PM

[QUOTE=American Dave;437689]3rd gear power runs in a 5MT or 4th gear power runs in a 6MT can do that :D[/QUOTE]

So can hub dynos even in 5th for a 6speed, as we all saw at the
demolition dyno day at MMS that people were getting 20-30kw
less on rollers vs hubs.

20-30kw isn't that much really though so it can't really compare
with alot of other highly inflated numbers from other dynos.

But in the long run they are only numbers and I'll be happy to see the
new numbers when I get around to having Sean to see what he can
get out of the 204, on MMS it's 198 so already that's appx 218-228 at
ASG and hopefully we can squeeze some more out! :thumbsup:

Top effort with the 09 tune champ, wait till you get used to it
and yearn more power, it happens to everyone. :D

Kato 10-03-2010 08:14 PM

Dyno numbers depend on so many factors, they are no good comparing one dyno to another. Only comparing on the same dyno in similar conditions will you get any useful data.

Hub dyno doesn't have the extra issues of traction, rolling effort of rims/tyres etc which would significantly change the result of a roller vs hub.

Also as mentioned, there are plenty of ways to fudge a dyno plot to give the 'my dick is bigger than yours' effect.

Post lap times to really prove if a car is quick or not.

monkeee 10-03-2010 09:01 PM

[QUOTE=Kato;437720]Dyno numbers depend on so many factors, they are no good comparing one dyno to another. Only comparing on the same dyno in similar conditions will you get any useful data.

Hub dyno doesn't have the extra issues of traction, rolling effort of rims/tyres etc which would significantly change the result of a roller vs hub.

Also as mentioned, there are plenty of ways to fudge a dyno plot to give the 'my dick is bigger than yours' effect.

Post lap times to really prove if a car is quick or not.[/QUOTE]

+1 Agreed.

Numbers = half the story. Use them as general indication of where the car is at, not as a definitive answer.

What you feel counts. You're torque curve looks nice n flat meaning some meaty mid-range shove.

Mine makes 400Nm for just over 1k (2-3k rpm) max....then it all goes downhill from there and its all huff n puff but no go after 5500rpm.

BXT 10-03-2010 09:56 PM

Great power figure for very minimal mods there but like others have said the torque numbers do look a little low for the 2.5L.....I think some of the lads have achieved this sort of torque on their MY06 with TD04!!!! Knowing how much boost Sean put in to the midrange will tell the story though.

mike 09 17-05-2010 10:26 PM

MY10 now

1 Attachment(s)
Update:

got new car from hail damage claim, MY10 same colour etc.
Tuned with same exhaust... (by ASG again of course) 267HP & 425 NM... very happy. (500kms on the clock)

The short-shifter, front lip spoiler and sways went on also.

W/Line ALK and steering rack bushes and alignment on Thursday.

BXT 17-05-2010 10:36 PM

Nice!!! Comes on earlier too it would seem.
I actually would've expected a little more in the top end TBTH with the new VF52.....although you've only done 500kms, she'll still be very tight.....get somemore kms under her belt and get a retune down the track.

MY99 17-05-2010 11:50 PM

That's an excellent result mate. An increase of 82nm is huge!!
How does it feel compared to the '09?

On a side note; what happened to keeping the engine below 4,000rpm during wear-in?

fatboy 18-05-2010 11:41 AM

Wow thats a great result, i had my turbo xs system fitted to my08 today! i have a gtps02tm and pw intercooler on thier way then off to asg for verso! i am aiming a little higher that your figures but it is very impressive that to see just an exhaust and tune netting those kinds of figures!

it has really instilled some confidence in ASG that they know what they are doing!

mike 09 18-05-2010 03:04 PM

^ ASG have only done good by me, good luck with your mods.

Should increase a little as the engine loosens up if all goes well.

MY99:

As for the wearing in of the motor, the advice I have had suggests that you should drive the car how it is going to be driven straight off the mark.

I'm impatient, and just wanted to get the car back to the spec of the hail damaged one quickly.

Funny, it does feel much better than the 09 with 30k on the clock, even before the tune. I didn't think 30k would make so much difference....

monkeee 18-05-2010 07:09 PM

:eek:

car is still making 380Nm at 5k, wow! That is awesome for an exhaust + tune

That must feel awesome in the drivers seat :D