Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-03-2010, 12:12 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Papa Het at standard level

Some good info in here... http://rallywa.com/index.php?option=...cams&Itemid=33

All looks a bit to hard to do unless you really, absolutely must have some sort of road rego. Movement permits are not being granted.

It also looks like existing B reg cars are going to get hit by this. I guess they are trying to weed out the occasional use cars that dont fit any particular series.
Old 31-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Het View Post
It also looks like existing B reg cars are going to get hit by this. I guess they are trying to weed out the occasional use cars that dont fit any particular series.
What happened and I know one car in particular was that people would import the car as B reg out of japan (in this case a series 6 or 7 Mazda RX7) with a bolt in cage. Send it over the pits as a b reg. Take the cage out and then sell it as a normal a reg car. No compliance or anything. In this case an unsuspecting kid bought it and got pulled over and then got reamed. Then they gave him a yellow aswell and it was a world of hurt. His late model rx 7 was now basically worthless.

If you are doing the right thing the new system is fine. It is those that like to bend the rules a bit that are getting stabbed.

What I dont understand / like though is that even though they know the cars are hardly going to be driven they still charge full whack for rego.

Brendon
Old 31-03-2010, 03:28 PM
STI Master

axle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus View Post

What I dont understand / like though is that even though they know the cars are hardly going to be driven they still charge full whack for rego.

Brendon
This reminds me that they used to see fit to charge only $50(ish) a year for vintage reg on old cars. These are free to be used for events and "testing" as it was a few years ago. Wonder if that system has changed too?

In Tasmania they just have SI (Special Interest) plates. I think this gives a few freedoms with modification but other than that you have 1/2 priced rego and get to use your car 52 times a year (logbook is filled out for each trip).

I have noticed the Les Walkden cars int he past have used the Tassie SI reg on rally cars.
Old 31-03-2010, 04:24 PM
STI Master

DJDINO at standard level

Just went through this with my car as temporary movement permits can only be used to take vehicle for repairs etc.

Car needs a full CAMS log booked cage, then needs to be inspected by CAMS inspector and CAMS form filled out, then need weigh bridge certificate and exemptions for cage, immobiliser etc, when all this is done car then needs to go to DPI inspection for road worthy so must have working indicators, lights, horn etc, once passed pay stamp duty and rego and off you go, easy peasy
Old 31-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDINO View Post
once passed pay stamp duty and rego and off you go, easy peasy
You can pay $50 for a immobiliser exemption. Absolute rort imho but at least it is less weight and less electronics to go wrong.

Brendon
Old 31-03-2010, 06:18 PM
STI Master

axle at standard level

At the end of the day if it's a serious enough race car that you can't rego it then you prob wanna run at 100% therefore running the risk of mechanical issues that would mean you need a trailer or tow to get home anyways.
Old 31-03-2010, 06:27 PM
STI Master

DJDINO at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle View Post
At the end of the day if it's a serious enough race car that you can't rego it then you prob wanna run at 100% therefore running the risk of mechanical issues that would mean you need a trailer or tow to get home anyways.
Mate if I had the room for a trailer that is the way I'd go, absolute rort really for a car that you only use once or twice a month, good way to collect rego and stamp duty though.
Old 31-03-2010, 06:50 PM
STI Master

axle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDINO View Post
Mate if I had the room for a trailer that is the way I'd go, absolute rort really for a car that you only use once or twice a month, good way to collect rego and stamp duty though.
Im not racing at the moment cause I cant afford the car and the trailer and the rego etc so I'm not doing it.....

One of those things you just need to do. Can always hire trailers but they are generally rubbish
Old 31-03-2010, 07:12 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Papa Het at standard level

The on going costs are a bit off putting but the cost of a trailer and tow car are even bigger. Sure I might send the car belly up but I guess I would just have to cross that bridge if / when I get to it!

That story of the RX7 is terrible...I guess it pays to do your research if your buying an imported car and seeing if it is actually eligible for import in the first place!

Tags
rego