Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby
Default Goodbye to the rex, hello to the new toy

Hey guys...
Thought I'd intro my new (well newer) car.
Due to certain circumstances, I was forced to give up the wrx . But all is not lost, at least Im still in a Subaru Bought a MY07 GT Liberty. A little bit of hail damage (shouldnt have too much problems getting fixed) 52,xxx km. Other than the few dents from hail, excellent condition.

Got plenty of searching to do, but if anyone can point me in the right direction, and/or offer tips & suggestions, please do. (mods - performance or cosmetic)

Old 13-04-2010, 08:47 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

inrextc at standard level

Congrats. Nice looking Lib!
Old 13-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

Congrats! looks the goods (obviously bar the dents) hopefully you got a bargain!
Enjoy the new toy!
Old 13-04-2010, 09:06 PM
WRXRW

first and foremost, save up for a set of brembo's or something similar as standard brakes are awful.

ultrex has some great cosmetic add-ons which will toughen up the look of your ride from grill to full bodykits and even wheels if that's your thing.

don't be tempted into dumping the thing too much, looks hot low but too low can be a bit much after a while.

i love my gt as it sits, but the temptation is always there to do things to enhance it even further with ecutek, hyperflow tmic and gtpump turbo!

great cars, comfy, roomy, in luxury spec super nice touches and plenty of power + fuel efficient, expect nothing less than 9L/100kms!
Old 13-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

I have a full set (front and rear) of Spec B Bilsteins with STi pink springs to suit your car.
$800 fitted and aligned.
A very worthwhile upgrade for the base spec Liberty GT.

Ramon, do you drive like Aunt Edna? Mine gets 10.5-11 L/100 and that's with my wife driving!
Old 14-04-2010, 07:58 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Congrats on picking up the Liberty. Did you get the manual or auto?

If I was in your shoes the first thing I would do is check the rotors and pads that came with. After 50K kms there are likely to be coming to the end of their life, well at least the pads. Stock rotors are average at best. Obviously a bigger brake package would be a good upgrade if you can afford it. Next I would look at changing out the stock front and rear sway bars to whitelines or similar. Stock sways are tiny and hollow. If you can get a used set of sti pinks and bilsteins for $800 then just do it. I got rid of the sti pinks due to the bobblehead effect but they are still way better than the stock springs. Leave the stock airbox and intake and just get a HKS or similar panel filter though. Once you have that sorted then I suggest its time to look at the exhaust and lastly get her over to ASG for some Verso magic.

Have a look at Jimmy's or my thread as there is plenty of good information on mods for Libs there. Also suggest you join up over at www.liberty.asn.au as there are some good vendors specifically for Libs there and a good post your mods section.

Good luck and enjoy
Old 14-04-2010, 08:11 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

sagara0510 at standard level

^ i'll second what dave said about the pads.. when i bought my wrx it had done 39,000km and the pads were already at the end of their life. i have since done about 1,000km and have had to change the pads already.
Old 14-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave View Post
Congrats on picking up the Liberty. Did you get the manual or auto?

If I was in your shoes the first thing I would do is check the rotors and pads that came with. After 50K kms there are likely to be coming to the end of their life, well at least the pads. Stock rotors are average at best. Obviously a bigger brake package would be a good upgrade if you can afford it. Next I would look at changing out the stock front and rear sway bars to whitelines or similar. Stock sways are tiny and hollow. If you can get a used set of sti pinks and bilsteins for $800 then just do it. I got rid of the sti pinks due to the bobblehead effect but they are still way better than the stock springs. Leave the stock airbox and intake and just get a HKS or similar panel filter though. Once you have that sorted then I suggest its time to look at the exhaust and lastly get her over to ASG for some Verso magic.

Have a look at Jimmy's or my thread as there is plenty of good information on mods for Libs there. Also suggest you join up over at www.liberty.asn.au as there are some good vendors specifically for Libs there and a good post your mods section.

Good luck and enjoy
Auto unfortunately......wouldve prefered manual but oh well.
Yeah, the offer for $800 is tempting, but not sure the wallet will stretch that far at this point (will see what I can do).
Thanks for the tips , will check out the brake condition.
Old 14-04-2010, 08:36 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Luigi at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Luigi

Congrats on the new Subi.

Very nice looking Liberty.
Old 14-04-2010, 08:47 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby View Post
Auto unfortunately......wouldve prefered manual but oh well.
Yeah, the offer for $800 is tempting, but not sure the wallet will stretch that far at this point (will see what I can do).
Thanks for the tips , will check out the brake condition.
Sean has verso tuned an auto MY07 Liberty previously with good results. Best bang for buck mod going I say. Will also improve the fuel economy a bit as well I believe and stop the horrible drive by wire stutter you get with stock tune. I say make that your first mod because you can always get it retuned if and when you add mods such as zorst. If you want to do the zorst cheaply then just have Nik at ASG cut out the horrible flat resonator in the centre pipe, put a hot dog in and then just change out the stock mufflers for something like the hitech quads that Jimmy and I run.

Tags
goodbye, rex, toy