Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-06-2010, 01:53 PM
STI Master

mrclubspecevo4 at standard level
Default 10 years and counting

My faithful ClubSpec Evo4 is turning 10 in July and I was wondering how many people have owned their cars from new.

I got mine as the last 'new' clubspec in July 2000.

My car has had a few 'enhancements' over the years.

Stage 1: Lukey 3" race muffler (from diff back)
Stage 2: Whiteline handling pack (ALK, front and rear swaybars, bushes)
Stage 3: Whiteline 'control' springs (30mm lower)
Stage 4: Full 3" exhaust (turbo back), IC water spray and PossumLink Ecu
Stage 5: 17" OZ racing superturismo with continental tyres

Have covered almost 140 000kms now and had very little in terms of problems with the car.
Recently replaced the radiator as it developed a crack in the end tank and everything else is factory/original.

I have been tempted to trade-up or move on a couple of times, but just love my car too much. Can not see myself selling it any time soon.

I know that Ramon has owed WRXRW longer (since 1998) and we all know the epic that car is.

Any other 'Lifers' here?

Toni
Old 19-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Subaru Tech Division

PRODIGY at standard level

I've had mine since new, purchased Nov 2006 so it's only been just over 3 1/2 years but it's the longest i've ever kept a car, so for me it seems a long time.
Old 19-06-2010, 06:01 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

STEVO at standard level

Awesome, very impresive. Its great to see a loyal Subi owner
Old 19-06-2010, 06:01 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Pinky at standard level

I bought my MY98 new from North Subaru in December 1997.
It had seven kilometres on the clock.

I didn't actually want red (white or green were my first choices) but this was sitting in the yard because the guy who ordered it's finance defaulted, and the thought of getting it immediately, instead of in 4 months time was irresistible. plus @ 39K with bags it was the cheapest driveaway i could get at the time

It's getting a bit bunky nowadays, but to hell with it, It's been very reliable and I still like driving it.

It's acquired over the years a Butler TBE, MY99 4 pots an uprated clutch and aluminium flywheel and not much else. And the spoiler turned pink early on hence it was christened 'Pinky' by a wise sage (Maddog)

Like Toni I've occasionally thought about getting a newer car, but I can't bear to sell it, and don't have space for another car. So it'll stay for the forseeable future.

Last edited by Pinky; 19-06-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 19-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Although not as old as yours, I've owned my bug eye since new, July 2002

55,000km, with the majority of them racked up in the past 2 years. Km are low because I've always had a daily driver, and the car only gets driven in anger or on cruises.

Mine has acquired more mods than I can now remember, and incurred a couple of motors, but such is the nature of modifying cars.

I probably won't sell for a while because I've not finished with it, and although I toyed with the idea, what other 4wd turbo could I buy? Another Subaru or a Mitsu is merely a side step, and until I can afford a 6 figure European car, theres nothing that really tickles my fancy.
Old 19-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

toni needs a vf34
Old 19-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

I bought a used MY94 in 1995 from Metro Motors when they were a Subaru dealer, when the facelifted MY97 was released they invited me to the launch and tried to sell me one.
At that time there was a waiting list on new WRX's and you couldn't get a discount so I refrained from ordering one although I liked the new exterior styling and interior update. A few months later in April they rang me with a story of a cancelled order on a 'Reddish Blue' that was due on the next shipment. Neither me or the dealer knew what the colour was but it was the first time a metallic blue was offered on WRX and I twisted his arm to a thou off the price. I picked it up on 20th June 1997 with 000007km on the clock. I didn't want anyone demo'ing or driving my new car so insisted they didn't even wash it.
I still have it under a cover in the garage with 51,000km on it. Since the day we got it only myself and my wife have driven it. It's never been back to a dealer. I've serviced it myself since day 1. The only non original parts are the battery and the BBS rims.
Original brake pads, clutch exhaust and radio/cassette remain!
Old 19-06-2010, 11:25 PM
STI Master

mrclubspecevo4 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr? View Post
toni needs a vf34
have considered this or a VF30.
IF I were to go the next level, it would be:
one of above mentioned turbos
MoTeC purely for refinement
uprated fuel pump/injectors
uprated IC (retaining top mount)
would be chasing 200kw atw so nothing too wild.
Just enjoy the fact that I drive it daily, can give it a squirt and it does both tasks well enough.

or perhaps one day, 207, 34, 6 speed, motec and enjoy.

I wouldn't mind updating the seats to evoX or 09sti seats and newer stereo.
Old 19-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally View Post
I bought a used MY94 in 1995 from Metro Motors when they were a Subaru dealer, when the facelifted MY97 was released they invited me to the launch and tried to sell me one.
At that time there was a waiting list on new WRX's and you couldn't get a discount so I refrained from ordering one although I liked the new exterior styling and interior update. A few months later in April they rang me with a story of a cancelled order on a 'Reddish Blue' that was due on the next shipment. Neither me or the dealer knew what the colour was but it was the first time a metallic blue was offered on WRX and I twisted his arm to a thou off the price. I picked it up on 20th June 1997 with 000007km on the clock. I didn't want anyone demo'ing or driving my new car so insisted they didn't even wash it.
I still have it under a cover in the garage with 51,000km on it. Since the day we got it only myself and my wife have driven it. It's never been back to a dealer. I've serviced it myself since day 1. The only non original parts are the battery and the BBS rims.
Original brake pads, clutch exhaust and radio/cassette remain!
Brilliant!
Old 19-06-2010, 11:54 PM
STI Master

gorotsuki69 at standard level

bought my MY05 Forester XT lux pack new from Total Subaru (now City Subaru) back in December 04 delivered Jan 05 . Have done only 65000kms and had the power steering pump and sunroof motor replaced under warranty.
In cricketing terms this is the best 'all rounder' car I can think of to suit my lifestyle.
Fast, useful, reliable and offroad capable. No hassles from cops or dickheads. Cheaper insurance than a WRX. When I buy my next car I will still keep this one until she dies of old age

Tags
10, counting, years