Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-07-2010, 11:51 PM
STI Master

meatbag at standard level

I've done quite a few trips down to margeret river /albany kalgoorlie without hesitation

Last break I drove up to monkey mia and back. There was absolute no hesitation or thoughts about reliability.

I actually enjoyed the drive. The trip was mostly for the drive alone and to have some time to myself to think about shit.

There was the odd occasion I though some softer suspension would be nice, but it was rare. The long straights were never boring amd I wont go into detail :P but a good radar detector is a must.....

my only gripe is the fuel locations. I was nearly empty by the time I hit Geraldton, prices werent too bad. Afteer that the next 98ron was in monkey mia. The fuel light had come on by then and I had avoided any detours purely because of the lack of fuel. In Monkey Mia there was on dodgy as hell station selling 98 that I didnt trust and it cost about $200 for a tank. I used a bottle of octane booster just to be sure and 4 days later when I drove back home, the pump still hadnt been touched since I last filled up. (yes I kept the receipt incase I did have an engine failure caused by bad fuel)

All in all it always feels like my car drives much smoother after a good long run and stretch its legs. I would always take a spare 20l tank just in case due to the poor coverage of fuel. Apart from that its more reliable than any other commodore so enjoy it.

Tags
drive, long