Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Scoobie Noobie

EvA_ at standard level

Close, but no bingo.. Long story short, attempted something stupid on a friends paddock thing, lost control.. reemed his shed post good. Even though cars cooked, I'm lucky the whole shed didn't collapse on top. Shit happens, I fucked up, will be fixed.. pockets in negative funds owell.

Anyone selling there interior roof lining etc?
Old 20-10-2010, 10:10 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Julz at standard level

sad to see this happen to such a nice car, hope you get it all repaired mate and good luck.
Old 20-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

it may be easier swapping it over into a GX rolling shell but then it wont be a true sti chassis.. thats the only downfall...

but those pics look pretty bad on the a pillars imo..
Old 20-10-2010, 10:22 PM

mARC at standard level

Eva

1) Market Value - (Salvage + Cost of Repair) = Opportunity Cost

2) Market Value - (Estimated Decrease in Market Value + Cost of Repair) = Opportunity Cost
'factor in your addbacks based on work you'll undertake yourself'

A lot of variables to take into consideration when looking at change over though, some being complete respray, removal and replacement of interior/drive train/engine (though doing this yourself would obviously save a lot).

Out of curiosity, what type of market value decrease would you assign to using the GX Shell?

Last edited by mARC; 20-10-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 20-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Repairing that shell is a far better option than reshelling it into another body. That damage is no big deal for a decent panel beater. Reshelling the car will cost twice what you expect. Try to do a cash deal with a panel shop, it'll cost half what they quote on insurance.
Old 20-10-2010, 11:04 PM

mARC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally View Post
Try to do a cash deal with a panel shop, it'll cost half what they quote on insurance.
There's no insurance, so its his only option. I don't think many panel beaters would take it on and there are even less around that would be able to do the job properly, though I agree with you from a pricing perspective.
Old 20-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

He didn't say he was uninsured, he implied that he was not able to or unwilling to claim.
I commend him for owning up to driving stupidly taking resposibility for the repair himself. Most others make up a bullshit story "dog ran out in front" etc.
If the first quote he got was 7-8K, then I would expect a cashie would see it come down even less. Pull the interior out yourself to save more coin. I have a rear 'screen spare, front 'screen is $250 ish, roof skin is under a grand new from Subaru, the rest is repairable, even the bonnet I would think.
Old 20-10-2010, 11:39 PM
Sign me up!
Baller on a budget

V3 RA at standard level
Send a message via MSN to V3 RA

tags deliver!
At least you we're mucking about on private property, good luck with the repairs mate.

JDM version 3 STi RA
Old 20-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Scoobie Noobie

WAT4NOW at standard level

hey mate im a spraypainter/ panelbeater i have a shop in maddington unit3/1846 albany hwy called franks automotive spray painting, im open 7.30am to 4.30 pm most day i do stay back till 7pm somenights so if u want to come down for a free quote
Old 21-10-2010, 01:47 AM
Scoobie Noobie

EvA_ at standard level

After much searching and thinking, I will be going ahead with replacing the roof and repairing the damage. A new roof from subaru costs $820 which isn't too bad, plus a few hundred for the seals and other small things etc. Then there's labour. Have also found someone who can help with the panel beating which is a bonus at this stage.

Which leaves me with the bonnet and bumper. I could possibly leave them for now, as its bearable and drivable or I will replace them.

Subaru want $807 for a unpainted bonnet with no scoop. So if possible, I'm thinking carbon bonnet? but a quality one seems hard to find ->> where who what how to find one? tried ebay and online sites, but I assume shipping would be an big issue.

Bumper goes for $393, comes in gel coat black? and not sure if its the price for a wrx or a sti bumper. A wrx and sti bumper are the same am i correct? So I could use my splats and covers from old bar?

so that comes up ~$2020 plus another ~$1000 for seals bits and pieces. I could also remove all the interior lining, seats, glass and seals to save labour. So am I missing anything else?

Thanks for reply Frank, have found someone reputable who wants to help at this stage, but I may call you if things dont go his way. Have heard good feedback about you so your still on the cards.

Last edited by EvA_; 21-10-2010 at 02:04 AM.

Tags
and then god lay his massive cock on thy roof, attempted drunken helis = fukd car and shed, damage, don't fuck with stratco sheds, man wanted with regards to hitting a light pole, my03, no insurance = idiot? please discuss, perfect excuse to go a widebody, roof, rooting on the roof of your car is a bad idea, sti