Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Bunny hopping (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/38090-bunny-hopping.html)

TILLEE 27-10-2010 11:16 PM

my car does that sometimes, but this is not on take off or when clutch is put in...

It's basicly when i put my foot down in any gear e.g. gears 1 through 5, it seems to jerk and carry on, only when i put foot on accelerator half in or more, but it will dissapear after a while thank god =)

Killer Python 27-10-2010 11:23 PM

that sounds like a gearbox related problem or clutch slip? wierd

Addy 27-10-2010 11:26 PM

Seems like all of the WRXs have this "issue" with the clutch.
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but that "hopping" when slowing down in 1st or 2nd can also be due to engine mounts, though with your car being new, that should not be a problem.

Adi

TILLEE 27-10-2010 11:30 PM

nah gearbox is great condition and clutch just done 4k km's ago, only just started about 3 weeks ago though =(

Discobay 27-10-2010 11:31 PM

[QUOTE=Addy;506131]Seems like all of the WRXs have this "issue" with the clutch.
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but that "hopping" when slowing down in 1st or 2nd can also be due to engine mounts, though with your car being new, that should not be a problem.

Adi[/QUOTE]
The salesman and a mechanic both said that this is how the WRX is. If I didn't want the car so badly I would have walked away.

Jordiee 27-10-2010 11:33 PM

it's not really the biggest issue though

Killer Python 27-10-2010 11:33 PM

naa it aint new lol first model wrx :D but i am talking like 1000-1500 rpm range it hopps alittle the mounts should be fine no other problems but ill check em out, thanks :)

Weird by 2010 thought they could have made this problem go away some how, is the 6 speed as bad?

V3 RA 28-10-2010 12:10 AM

[QUOTE=TILLEE;506126]my car does that sometimes, but this is not on take off or when clutch is put in...

It's basicly when i put my foot down in any gear e.g. gears 1 through 5, it seems to jerk and carry on, only when i put foot on accelerator half in or more, but it will dissapear after a while thank god =)[/QUOTE]

is that when the revs are low? disappears as the revs rise?
its just like taking off in second, not enough revs so it struggles

nauli 28-10-2010 08:38 AM

All the ones I've driven have been fine (even the MMS '08 tarmac car at low speeds)...ie no pig rootin'... the secret with any DBW throttle is to drive smoothly...remember that the accelerator pedal isn't a light switch (ie it's not on/off)...the best analogy is to pretend you're squeezing an orange with your foot.

Discobay 28-10-2010 10:49 AM

Well there is light at the end of the tunnel - the new STi has an auto box with flappy paddles!