Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   S204 RAR vs evo 9 MR (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/39007-s204-rar-vs-evo-9-mr.html)

JDM_STYLE 12-12-2010 03:56 PM

So are you looking at bringing one in as a race rally import then?

9MR will be the easiest to source and cheapest to buy out of the 3.

RA-R is on my must have list so I'm biased about which one you should really get. ;)

V3 RA 12-12-2010 05:04 PM

[QUOTE=tuna;519290]ditto on the yellow RA-R, only 300 made![/QUOTE]

this!!

JDM_STYLE 12-12-2010 05:45 PM

[QUOTE=tuna;519290]ditto on the yellow RA-R, only 300 made![/QUOTE]

I believe there was only 50 units of the Astral Yellow RA-R's out of the total 300 RA-R's released making them extremely rare. :icon_thum

monkeee 12-12-2010 06:16 PM

9MR = Just another evo (which isn't a bad thing, parts avaliable, large knowledge base and some good tuners here in Perth).

RA-R = More unique. That would be an absolute weapon on the street (read: Wayne + JME's S204's) :D

Btw can you import an RA-R for street use or is it strictly motorsport??

JDM_STYLE 12-12-2010 06:25 PM

[QUOTE=xsv4rce;519393]9MR = Just another evo (which isn't a bad thing, parts avaliable, large knowledge base and some good tuners here in Perth).

RA-R = More unique. That would be an absolute weapon on the street (read: Wayne + JME's S204's) :D

Btw can you import an RA-R for street use or is it strictly motorsport??[/QUOTE]

No subaru unless bought in as a personal import owned by you for 12mths whilst you lived overseas can be bought in for general road use like mine.

Only other way is to get a GX and bring in a RA-R front and rear cut and do a conversion like jamies car but it will always be a conversion and not a genuine RA-R no matter what anyone says.

monkeee 12-12-2010 06:29 PM

[QUOTE=JDM_STYLE;519396]No subaru unless bought in as a personal import owned by you for 12mths whilst you lived overseas can be bought in for general road use like mine.

Only other way is to get a GX and bring in a RA-R front and rear cut and do a conversion like jamies car but it will always be a conversion and not a genuine RA-R no matter what anyone says.[/QUOTE]

Christ...1 year overseas with the car, thats a fair bit of commitment (and a pita at the same time).

Thanks for the info Wayne

urabus 13-12-2010 06:19 AM

IMHO buying a S204 or RA-R for the race track is a waste. I tried to justify it in all sorts of different ways. In all forms of motorsport I can think of that you are likely to enter brakes are free. i.e. run whatever the hell you want. That takes the RA-R out of the picture. If you are half serious you will strip out the interior and put a cage in. This takes away any point of getting a S204 over a JDM MY07 STI which are plentiful and cheap. No point paying a premium for exclusivity if you are just going to take it all out anyways.

In terms of the Evo, the 7, 8, 9 shape has had far more motorsport success at amatuer level in this country than the GDB (MY01 - MY07) shape. They cost the same to build.

Brendon

CDR RA 13-12-2010 10:27 AM

[QUOTE=urabus;519484]In terms of the Evo, the 7, 8, 9 shape has had far more motorsport success at amatuer level in this country than the GDB (MY01 - MY07) shape. They cost the same to build.

Brendon[/QUOTE]

I think you have nailed it there Brendon. Have been in both camps and love my dak daks, but have stuck with an evo for track duties as I reckon you can get better performance for less $$ and they are bloody strong/reliable cars. I think the past history of results you mention speaks for itself. eg in Targa High Country 5 of the first 6 early modern cars were evos, although in modern the daks daks actually fared better, although possibly skewed by many late model evos running in 4WD showroom) For strict track duties I would stay in the evo camp. But for a nice daily that would be up for the odd track day its hard to go past a JDM spec dak dak, especially given evos are like bums these days.

EXPLICIT 13-12-2010 11:49 AM

If you're an ugly fucker like blaise or brendon, buy an evo, you'll fit right in, if your dashingly good looking like myself. buy a dak dak.

urabus 13-12-2010 03:05 PM

[QUOTE=EXPLICIT;519539]If you're an ugly fucker like blaise or brendon, buy an evo, you'll fit right in, if your dashingly good looking like myself. buy a dak dak.[/QUOTE]

Dont blame the player. Blame the game.

Group buy on an Evo X?

Brendon