Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Sir AntiLag

RamWRC at standard level
Default "Limited Edition" WRXs

Hey guys just after some input here...

I have a 1998 silver anniversary edition WRX. I upgraded my brakes to DBA cross-drilled and some good quality pads a couple months ago, and had issues getting the correct ones. I get most of my shit through AutoPro Innaloo. They eventually established that my car had GX brakes fitted, which I thought was quite strange.

Next thing, my radiator tank cracked on the weekend. Bought a new one through AutoPro but realised it was the wrong one when I went to fit it last night. Went back this morning to return it, and brought my old radiator in with it. They looked through their system for a while and are telling me my car has a Liberty radiator.

So either AutoPro's system is messed up, the previous owner completely messed around with the parts, or the so called "limited edition" version is just left over spares from the manufacturer from different models, and just all shoved together lol. It's a pain in the ass to buy a part (besides from a dealer) and always having a mess-around with wrong parts. My cars off the road until I get this bloody radiator sorted. And my car was off for a couple days due to the incorrect brakes as well.

If anyone knows anything about this issue, or has experienced it before, please let me know. I wonder what else is going to be wrong?

Thanks, Sam

Tags
limited edition, wrx, wrxs