Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-05-2011, 04:37 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by contek View Post
There is a place in Perth that can install laser jammers which will jam the new speed cameras and laser using hand helds not sure if it legal or not and it is abit pricey but it defantly works.
Illegal. BIG$$$ fines if caught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRODIGY View Post
There was talk a while back about radar detectors in WA being made illegal, is this still the case?
Yep. Gonna happen; just a case of when. Since we are the last state in the country who are gonna outlaw them, they aint gonna have much on-sell value.

And for those thinking of taking the risk of keeping/using same when legislation is passed, you can bet the plods will get a hold of detector-detectors and big fines will ensue. Win-win for revenue.
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
Old 28-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by contek View Post
There is a place in Perth that can install laser jammers which will jam the new speed cameras and laser using hand helds not sure if it legal or not and it is abit pricey but it defantly works.
lol..............

Why doesnt my radar gun work on that car going past? Derp. Yes they are illegal, and obvious too.

Looks like the next business is the dectector that detects the police detector detectors, so you can keep your normal detector to detect radars.
Old 28-05-2011, 06:05 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

jezzamcbezza at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by westoz View Post
Yep. Gonna happen; just a case of when.
Not necessarily. The media have brought this up about 6 times since I bought my first radar detector some 19 odd years ago. Fact is that many gov & police officers use one in their personal vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westoz View Post
And for those thinking of taking the risk of keeping/using same when legislation is passed, you can bet the plods will get a hold of detector-detectors and big fines will ensue. Win-win for revenue.
There are 5 units on the market immune to all RDDs. Granted, the V1 is not one of them, but if it did happen, you could sell your V1 on eBay (they have great resale value since VR won't ship outside the USA) and buy one of the undetectable units - not advice mind you, just stating options for those wanting to flaunt the law
Old 28-05-2011, 10:40 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzamcbezza View Post
Not necessarily. The media have brought this up about 6 times since I bought my first radar detector some 19 odd years ago. Fact is that many gov & police officers use one in their personal vehicles.
Call it a gut feeling, but in addition to all the political claptrap and since all the states/territories in Oz have gone to, or are in the process of merging into a National "Road Code", I believe it to be inevitable since it is "road safety" related.

Quote:
There are 5 units on the market immune to all RDDs. Granted, the V1 is not one of them, but if it did happen, you could sell your V1 on eBay (they have great resale value since VR won't ship outside the USA) and buy one of the undetectable units - not advice mind you, just stating options for those wanting to flaunt the law
"If it did happen", who would buy them? Would-be buyers would have to be outside Ozzie, and we're talking about a 2nd hand electronic unit from another country... not doubting there would be a market but I don't reckon it would be that lucrative. Also, if detectors were banned Oz-wide, then eBay Australia may ban them, or maybe pressured by authorities to ban them from being listed.
Old 28-05-2011, 10:53 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

catcha at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRODIGY View Post
Cheers Guys,

Checked the Delonix website - a bit confusing as has prices of $699 & $799 for the V1.
As stated Valentine 1 site only $400 however looks like they don't ship to Australia.

Spuds, sorry for the thread hijack..
I was thinking of taking the plunge and maybe get my mate to get me one from Canada and ship it back to australia for me. $$456.65 USD plus getting my mate to ship it to Australia. I think if i was going to get one it will be from jezzamcbezza. Like someone else posted what happens if it stuffs up ? you can't sent it back to the valentine 1 to get it fixed unless you know someone that lives in canada or US. by the time you stuff around it would have been easier to get it from here.
Old 29-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Dinh at standard level

hay guys
does delonix have a store in Perth or is it just based over the internet?
Old 29-05-2011, 12:05 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Don't have a shop, but the office/warehouse is is O'Connor, but shortly all the distribution will be done from a fulfilment company on the East Coast.
Old 29-05-2011, 05:22 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

xeon at standard level

Hey Jeremy,

Given the new Poliscan cameras are now in use, would I be better to mount the V1 horizontally again?
Old 29-05-2011, 07:08 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Personally I have found no difference in vertical or horizontal mounting for laser detection.
But I have found that mounting higher yielded better warnings.
Old 29-05-2011, 10:02 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Quote:
Personally I have found no difference in vertical or horizontal mounting for laser detection.
But I have found that mounting higher yielded better warnings.
Best mounting place (for hand held laser at least) is right next to the number plate... coz this is what the plods aim at when they hit the trigger, as it is the most reflective surface on the front of the car. A nice dirty number plate after some off road or wet gravel action is a plus here . A bit impractical but, unless the unit can be fitted with an external antenna?

As for Poliscan, my guess would be high up as Jezza says, maybe even to left side so as to lessen chances of blocking/ be closer to line of sight on approach?

Tags
delonix, detectors, perth, radar, radars