Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 04:34 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

libHERty at standard level
Default Why Subaru?

So i've been searching the forums and looking at what people have to say, and thought I would start a thread about why you choose a Subaru?

Post about why you brought your first Subaru & what made you so passionate about them?

My Story;

I was never a boxer person, & loved v8s and Holdens... typical girl who knew nothing about cars, Untill the day i met my boyfriend luke [B4ULUZE] who owned a 2000 non turbo Impreza, which was the nicest sounding car I had ever heard and thought hell yes, imagine me rolling around in a car that sounded so beasty like that, my boyfriend used to brag on about his old turbo 'WRX' which i had no idea what the hell it was, he would tell me the story about how he crashed it trying to be Colin Mcrae down a lime stone track, hit a ditch and lost control into tree -.- woops!
I didn't know the difference between turbo and non turbo at this stage, all i knew was that Subaru's where the shit and sounded bomb!
So my dream went on, I would hear a wrx and know it was one by the distinguished boxer rumble, after my boyfriend carrying on about his old WRX he decided to go out and buy one, and traded his non turbo Impreza in plus some too Lynford and walked out with a new set of keys to his shiny new toy, a 1999 Subaru wrx, colour midnight blue, i was dumbfouded and just couldn't take my eyes off it, then he started it and the first instant i heard the engine turn over and the idle that was soo loud, i knew from then on i wanted a wrx, and i would get one no matter what!!

I was only 16 at the time just in remission from Leukemia, jobless and on the doll haha.

One day me and my boyfriend where cruising around and i seen a Subaru Liberty and said to my boyfriend what is that car it has a subaru badge, he then went on to tell me it was a liberty and that you can get them in turbo too, i thought Wow i want one of them, this was the nicest and cleanest liberty you would have ever seen, gun metal grey, with the nicest note to it... i then learnt about my now favourite car [prototype] and ever since i layed eyes on a liberty i wanted one.

I got a job and saved, but ended up with a Hyundai Scoupe, which in my eyes resembled a liberty a bit :P alot uglier and in no way sounded like a wrx, i saved more and more untill i sold my first car for stupid little problems i couldn't be bothered fixing.

My 18th birthday was around the corner and i thought i would buy my first liberty with a loan from the bank! I would go on Gumtree and look at turbo libertys, and inquire about them, one night out on a car cruise with my boyfriend I seen a liberty and said you have to park next to him, which then lead onto a conversation about the car, i asked the guy [andysti] if he would sell it and he said never that it was his baby! As sad as i was, i told my boyfriend that he would have some compition once i got mine, after looking at libertys off gumtree i had a look at a few and started to loose interest after looking at so many rust buckets and doing efforts to see them, so wasn't my dream car anymore, I had a new fave a 2011 Barina Spark this lasted me a week or two, I decided i wasn't going to give up and continue my search, untill i got an email saying that this person had a liberty that he would consider selling, so I organised a time and date to look at this liberty, after some messing around finding the place, we pulled up in the driveway and i said thats a winner, the guy then walked out and it was [andysti] and i said you look familiar and he popped the bonnet and i then remember him and his car, without a thorough check over or anything i told him SOLD!

Since that day, I have had my lib and couldn't be happier, I sit in my car and just smile, knowing i got my dream car!!!

libHERty: http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/introduc...6-hey-all.html
Old 07-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

tl;dr

Why Subaru?

This.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

^^

/thread
Old 07-11-2011, 04:42 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

libHERty at standard level

Great way to cut the story short
Old 07-11-2011, 04:59 PM

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

I bought my first one cos it had a motec mounted in the dash. No joke (well the motec part at least)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-11-2011, 05:02 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Shez at standard level

I didn't want one. Then Linc got one. Then I wanted one. So I took his one. He had to buy a new one.

That's pretty much it really!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:04 PM
STI Master

MISSWRXYSTi knows their stuff

.....Because Racecar !

Had one before, loved it, bought a liberty for a while, grandad spec, then back to turbo and STi to boot !

//estreladesign.com.au
https://www.facebook.com/EstrelaDesign
Old 07-11-2011, 05:05 PM

Master D knows their stuff

i got one because i couldnt afford a R35 GTR :-D

seriously though, i had always liked them, got to sit in a 22B fresh off the boat at my old mans work years ago & always liked the look of them...........and the Noise!

Anyways, an interest in cars/motorsport started and i had a green EA falcoon. didnt like it, got a decent job and looked and found a white 2002 RS Impreza 2.5 - auto :-(

bought it, found this place, sold it 3yrs later for a bugeye STi, can now not remove the smile from my face when i hit boost :-D
Old 07-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Sign me up!
Sir AntiLag

Reverb at standard level

^that plus i went for a ride in my uncles 2 door when i was younger and loved them ever since.

I couldnt convince him to sell me his 2 door but he still had a 97 Rallye so i purchased that off him. Still buttering him up to get that 2 door.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:07 PM

Mister Two at standard level

Needed a wagon.
Needed AWD.
Needed Turbo.
Needed sleeper.

RS Liberty was the only choice for me.

Though it was so hard to find one I almost bought a fucking commodore wagon out of frustration.

Tags
subaru