Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2006, 01:27 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

SiriX at standard level
Send a message via MSN to SiriX
Default MY06 WRX + EcuTek Stage 2... anyone?

Hey...

Just wondering if anyone on the forums here has got an MY06 WRX (not STi) and put the Stage 2 EcuTek tune on it? just be interested to hear your resaults/comments...

Regards,

SiriX
Old 03-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Scoobie Noobie

stupest at standard level

yeah I am interested as well. There doesnt seem to be that many people on these forums that have done the type 2 ecutek reprogram
Old 03-10-2006, 12:49 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

SiriX at standard level
Send a message via MSN to SiriX

Gee, talk about bringing back a thread from the dead hahah.... i've since had my car EcuTek Stage 2 Tuned...
Old 03-10-2006, 12:54 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

darlyn at standard level
Default ecutek 2

Gday I just got the Ecutek 2 install the over day at MMS. To say I am impressed with it is a understatement. As I drove it home it was...well I was waiting for the thing to throw me into the boot, but a day on and it is now throwing me into the boot, the acceleration is unbelievable. With that said I do have the supporting modes,....

vf34 turbo
3inch turbo back exhaust
500 hp fuel pump
silicon pipe

Just with the VF34 install it went like a struck cat, but unbenowest to me it was producing too much boost which if I had of left it would have damaged the engine. Now with the ecu re-tuned, it spools up at 2300 and comes on at full boost at 2800 and goes and goes.

I do recommend getting the ecutek 2 install just to get that grinning feeling. The WRX is fast as it is off the show room floor, but you've got no idea just how much more faster you can get it to go. It feels good to blow the doors off other WRX's
Old 03-10-2006, 01:38 PM
coming back in 2011

Intra at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlyn
Just with the VF34 install it went like a struck cat, but unbenowest to me it was producing too much boost which if I had of left it would have damaged the engine. Now with the ecu re-tuned, it spools up at 2300 and comes on at full boost at 2800 and goes and goes.
Interesting... very interesting..

Now , assuming you actually did the research involved to come to that conclusion and not just the quote the ecutek pricing model..

Lets take a dive into the more concrete evidence

1. Here is the stock boost map from an MY04 (Similar to your car as stated in your profile).

2. Here is a stock boost map from an MY04 STI (obviously larger turbo)

Now somehow magically your ecu map changed from pic 1 to pic 2 without you knowing... hmmm sounds like a bit of poo to me..

Obviously its not this simple either.. the wastegate maps differ greatly between the two models also.. assuming that you wanted to treat it one to one.. you would have been making less boost.

Funny also.. once you reach the target boost figure in pic one.. the turbo would have entered a "control phase" to bring it back within those limits too!

Further more, fuel maps from an MY04 are dirty rich stock from the factory.. those mods would have been fine for the lifetime of the car as far as i would be concerned.

But i cant say that the remap was worthless.. you've done the right thing.. got some form of management i guess.

Just make sure you get all the facts before just assuming the side of the tuner/marketing hype..
Old 03-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

crock of shit otherwise, full boost at 2800- what are you driving? an evo 9.5 tme? or does full boost qualify as 100kpa?

Long live the WRC
Old 03-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

I doubt mine makes any boost at 2800...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-10-2006, 10:25 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

darlyn at standard level
Angry

I don’t intend to know what all the little numbers mean; I am just passing on what my tuner at MMS informed me. You could send me thousands of pics with detailed numbers on them and I would not have the foggiest what they mean.

As my title suggest I am a noob (what ever that is). Is the title meant to be-little the little people on this forum who have owned a WRX for a couple of months or does it mean that owners who have owned a WRX for a couple of years ensures that you are better than the rest.

Yes its true that I have only owned a WRX for a couple of months, and its true that I joined this forum to learn more about the car I love, not to be ridiculed every time I make a post or to be shown that I am inferior to yourself.

Wouldn’t the forum be better suited to assist new owners than to push those away with you’re, I know everything and you know fuck all attitudes?

It seems every time you post a thread, a few come out of the wood work and attempt to belittle the new guys in a simplistic way of making themselves feel that little bit more important.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:47 PM
coming back in 2011

Intra at standard level

I'm not trying to claim that i or anyone else on this forum has all the answers.. but i see it as a chance to get you out of the endless cycle of bullshit that stems from some tuners who at times dont know even what they themselves spin.

I like to give as much information as i can in regards to something so controversial (in regards to tuning).

Surely you see past the "oh im right and you're wrong" routine and actually see some hard facts that you can learn from. Everyone here has had shit flung on them before.. instead of just trying wolf.. maybe use it to your advantage.

Then again, you could just do the whole cheque book racer thing and depend on a tuner and be content with the results of the car..

Up to you.

Last edited by Intra; 03-10-2006 at 11:04 PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Flat Four Father

FFOUR at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlyn

As my title suggest I am a noob (what ever that is). Is the title meant to be-little the little people on this forum who have owned a WRX for a couple of months or does it mean that owners who have owned a WRX for a couple of years ensures that you are better than the rest.
its to do with your post count, the title auto-changes as you go past certain post counts.....take a chill pill.

MY05 STI track car | VF Clubsport
Closed Thread

Tags
ecutek, my06, stage, wrx