Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-01-2012, 10:06 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Bigboosst is unrated
Default Car broken into-

Sending this from my phone so won't rant and rave to much as my furious fingers and the iPhones keyboard don't mix. Went for a fish at a crowded beach next to the old powerstation, parking in a full carpark.

After an hour or so of fishing we return to find the passenger window broken. They left my wallet and smokes that were in plain sight untouched only opening the glovebox. They found my mates iPhone an wallet, the iPhone now unusable as is been locked.

Been quoted 580$ from obrians for front passenger window, does anyone know anyone cheaper? Or would a wreckers be my best bet?

Also it's an my01 sedan, what other models windows will fit as apparently obrians has no 01 passenger windows in wa...

Cheers, and good ole Friday the thirteenth strikes again.
Old 13-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Sir AntiLag

miss_petepie at standard level

unfortunatly fishing carparks are broken into alot we were in warnbro and heaps of cars were smashed and stuff stolen. in the middle of the dam day too!!! we go our in old patrol and dont leave a thing!
Old 13-01-2012, 10:19 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Bigboosst is unrated

Yeh, very sad really. Was around 4pm today, broad daylight!!
Old 13-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

JWS are open tomorrow morning. Give them a go.
Old 13-01-2012, 11:03 PM
STI Master

huggy_b knows their stuff

I no longer go fishing, had too many car windows smashed to be bothered. Shame really that scum ruin what should be a relaxing past time......
Old 13-01-2012, 11:22 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Jon911 at standard level

man that sucks

i learnt not to take a good car fishing anymore though, the smell of fish in the car afterwords is horrid!!

be careful with cheaper, i used to get generic windscreens before when mine got smashed and even though it's just a piece of glass, they never opened and closed properly! id go wrecker or pay for a new genuine one!
Old 13-01-2012, 11:40 PM
STI Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon911 View Post
man that sucks

i learnt not to take a good car fishing anymore though, the smell of fish in the car afterwords is horrid!!

be careful with cheaper, i used to get generic windscreens before when mine got smashed and even though it's just a piece of glass, they never opened and closed properly! id go wrecker or pay for a new genuine one!
The thieves don't care if it's a nice car or a shitbox, they break into anything. 2009 Hilux, 2008 Colorado, 1992 Hilux. They don't discriminate. Didn't think they would bother with the old Lux, but after 2 break ins from 3 trips I changed my mind.

Would love to catch them in the act, but with our ridiculous laws I would probably end up in jail while the real crim walks free.
Old 13-01-2012, 11:50 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Jon911 at standard level

haha i wasnt referring to them not breaking into shitboxes, i had an old 4wd that looked like a bomb and they still broke into that.

I was referring more to the smell of bait on your hands and on all your gear which would always pass into your car. your always left smelling it the next day, especially in summer!
Old 13-01-2012, 11:53 PM
STI Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon911 View Post
haha i wasnt referring to them not breaking into shitboxes, i had an old 4wd that looked like a bomb and they still broke into that.

I was referring more to the smell of bait on your hands and on all your gear which would always pass into your car. your always left smelling it the next day, especially in summer!
Are duly noted!

Thats why I have a number of utes at work, I can use em then off load them onto others who can clean them for me! hahahahahaha, minions - gotta love em.
Old 14-01-2012, 12:02 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Bigboosst is unrated

Yeh.. Gonna hit up all the jap and subi wreckers tommorrow. Still very curious if the passenger windows ate interchangeable between models?

Tags
broken, car