Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-01-2012, 10:08 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Vamanos at standard level
Default something smells a bit PHISHY...

hey guys i just recently put up for sale my 06 wrx on carsales and i already have a response from a potential "buyer"..
what i found very strange was the fact he said he likes the car when he hasn't seen it and i only got 2 photos posted..ok perfectly innocent and im very lucky to sell so fast you say, but then i recieve an email like this.. which seemed suspicious..
me to guy:
"Hey mate how are you. Received a text from you earlier today regarding your interest in my car. Yes its still available. In regards to my firm price I think it be best if you made an offer first and we can negotiate from there, prior to viewing or even upon viewing. Please let us know what you think and thank you for your interest. "

Eunus.

Sent from my iPad

xxx@gmail.com
4:54 PM (4 hours ago)

to me

"Thanks for the swift response,please advise on the least amount you will like to give it away and advice on the present condition of the vehicle with the service history as well, am buying this as a surprise gift for my dad for his birthday so i wont let him know, until it been delivered to him.But due to the nature of my job and location...i will not be able to come for inspection,am a very busy type as i work long hours everyday off shore oil rig department,i have gone through your advertisement and i am satisfied with it., i am sure he will be more than happy with it.I can only pay with PayPal here, i will need you to give me your PayPal email address so i can make the payments asap and please if you don't have PayPal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to www.paypal.com.au and get it set up , after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with PayPal so as to put the money through. note well: Pick up agent will come for the pick up as soon as i have made the payments, i would have loved to talk to you on phone but I work mainly offshore, our phone is down on the rig right now due to bad weather, we can only communicate with our base for now.

Thanks
"

thoughts? any ideas from ppl who may have encountered something like this before? should i give them my info?? if this is a scam how do i flag or report this person to carsales. i erased his gmail name JUST in case he was genuine :P

thanks guys, this forum has always been helpful.

-Nos

Tags
bit, phishy, smells