Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 11:37 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

DZENCI at standard level

With MMS I've always had to wait but for me the wait was always worth it, if it was for 1 month or 6 months. They get very busy with rally car projects and events through out the year so it can get a little bit stressing for them. If you've got patience you are guaranteed to get what you want done.
You got to understand when Steve was around MMS was always busy and still is today but he was a big part of the business and I've noticed when I talked to Rob last week they are trying to offer the same service as they always used to when Steve was around.
The best part about MMS is they are close with Subaru across WA and offer to cover your factory warranty with the slightest mods when you go with them where as any other workshop won't cover your factory warranty if you mod with them.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:41 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

ewrxion87 at standard level

100% confirm this also as i spoke to Brett Middleton (MRT) over the phone on Friday, asking if id benefit from racerom over my current setup etc...plus the turbo upgrade still to come.

Apparently MMS are in the process of getting Ben over for a few periods this year and also setting some training in for the Boys there.

Good to see they back on track after last years unfortunate events.

Now i may not need to go to Racetoque either

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauli View Post
That's a BIG statement to make with on a public forum without any evidence...I would suggest if you really believe they "nicked" it that you talk to Rob or Dean.....so they gave you a "woobly" one did they? Sure it wasn't woobla?

Back to the factual part of this thread.....

Rob and Dean now own MMS outright and MMS own the dyno.
Ben Taylor was over last week doing ECUTek tunes on the dyno (including my car)....Ben is regarded as the most experienced/best ECUTek tuner in Aust. I understand he works for himself and sub contracts to MRT (and others as required).

P-West TMIC / ecutek / HF CAI / Turbosmart / Apexi / Federal / 19psi / bc racing & whiteline / Perrin Performance / Rays
Old 06-02-2012, 11:46 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

ewrxion87 at standard level

Amen to that. MMS reliability and great customer service and follow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeee View Post
^^Lol.

In regards to the OP, good to hear MMS is still tuning. Maybe I dont have to go to RaceTorque for my new stuff to be fitted + tuned.

Many thanks for the information.

P-West TMIC / ecutek / HF CAI / Turbosmart / Apexi / Federal / 19psi / bc racing & whiteline / Perrin Performance / Rays
Old 06-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Subaru Tech Division

redlib at standard level

Exactly, they were clearly not interested in doing the job, so i just dont use them now. Haha, funniest thing i've herd all day.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlib View Post
Fair point, but im sure they were more than capeable in doing it, just were to lazy to do it, because it is a bit of a stuff about. But we will never know
I highly doubt it is because they are lazy. More likely that they are busy and the job will take up too much space and time (and dare I say it, not make much profit).

I think it is great when a workshop says they can't do something rather than stuff you around for ages.

I'm also saying this as someone who has never used or dealt with MMS too.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:30 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

nice_05 at standard level

Had used MMS for the whole 1.6 years of owning a subaru, from pre purchase inspection, general services and tune+other mods. They have been nothing but helpful, i remember rob 'the first time speaking to him asking him if the '05 sti, we had inspected was all ok, he knew we were new to the workshop so he took me and the gf around the shop explain how things work and so on.

Steve was a great bloke, had so much knowledge (always a straight shooter, would tell you what you need for the car and what wasn't needed).

I would personally recommend mms.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Sir AntiLag

drewgong at standard level

I went to them because of positive feedback from here, got quoted for clutch kit and machine my flywheel, AFTER work wad done I was then informed of the flywheel switch to "save time". Replacement one shudders worse than damaged one before they took it. Of course they blame abuse although even to this day car had not been launched once.. my word against there's bit that's how it is. Invoice number 00011604- supply and fit heavy duty clutch kit including machine flywheel, also told on the phone when I booked they would machine mine, not replace with someone elses. They have done the right thing and said they would check it and replace faulty parts bit would take a whole day. I'm not keen on giving car back. Is where I'm at.. think say what you want.. I was just a little dissapointed n feel slightly swindled
Old 06-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Sir AntiLag

drewgong at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT43 View Post
Maybe the mild race tune from OP Subaru provided so much power it warped your flywheel?
Haha, yep, made me lol
Old 06-02-2012, 12:51 PM
STI Master

Slap Dash knows their stuff

Sorry, had to be done

Having a modern day PC without an SSD is like hiring a hooker for hugs.......
Old 06-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

^^ post of the year! well done!
Closed Thread

Tags
dyno, info, maximum, motorsport