Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-05-2012, 10:23 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

SupaFly at standard level
Default HELP! Todays flood = Car problems

Hey guys,

I really need some help, today I went out driving and happen to get caught in the massive downpour of rain..It started to flood pretty bad, anyway I didn't really drive cautiously through the water as i was in a hurry, but now I wish I did!

Then my car is coughing and spluttering a lot! While I was driving through the water my car almost completely cut out on me.. right in the middle of Reid hwy intersection!!! So straight away I pulled over and called Mao, he said it's more than likely my spark plugs getting wet causing the problem.. and just to let it sit for a while and if it's not better to take out the sprk plugs and give them a clean up.

So anyway I had to go out once again a few hours later to pick up my gf from work (thought it might be okay by then) but it was much worse, every time i took it out of gear my car would stall straight away. Also if i was to hit anywhere near boost my car would just cut out violently, it drives ~okay~ when I'm in gear and just low revs.

Once I got there I had a look under my bonnet to see if there was visibly any water in the air box or any hoses, I then noticed the hose running from my tmic -> air intake-> to a nipple just under the turbo (I've attached photos as I have no idea what the correct name is) had water in it!!! So I'm pretty worried as i don't know if that runs into the engine or what! I've heard of water getting into subbies and seizing there engines so I'm really hoping its not that serious..

I'm assuming that my spark plugs are def wet and need cleaning up, but as for the water I'm clueless.. I've removed the hoses and cleaned them out but that's as far as my mechanic skills go..

If anyone could help me with info it would be much appreciated!

Tags
car, fked, flood, flooding, problems, today, todays