Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-04-2006, 11:46 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Seriously, I'm with TJ, Andy, and everyone else who mentioned Bosch pumps.

I've had first hand experience with a Walbro pump, and had nothing but trouble with it. I also know of a few other cases where trouble has arisen.

NEVER seen, or had any problems with Bosch pumps. Its worth paying the bit extra for.

A Walbro is a direct drop in, because its identical to the stock pump minus a Walbro symbol on the side.

A Bosch pump means you'll have to tweak the fuel pump assembly, but its hardly difficult!!

Just requires you to cut down the metal outlet tube, run a piece of hose from the sock to the pump inlet, and from the pump outlet to the outlet tube and secure the whole shebang with a hose clamp!

Last edited by BALISTC; 30-04-2006 at 11:49 PM.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:55 AM
Flat Four Father

mr_psi at standard level
Send a message via MSN to mr_psi

also another important question whilst i have all the Fuel Pump Guru's in da thread, do i need to get a tune after i get it installed?

i will think i need to because i will be stock ecu wid VF23, inlet, pump, fmic, ebc... all these on a stock computer my car is gonna blow i rekon
Old 01-05-2006, 09:02 AM

Well, you cant exactly "tune" a stock ECU, you really should have looked at doing ECU well before most of those other mods anyway...

Why dont you do the ECU and fuel pump at the same time??
Old 01-05-2006, 09:31 AM
d_generate

For fucks sake.....the guy is 19, not everyone can afford or wants to just pull 3 - 4 grand out their arse and put a computer in their car, and the second he suggests putting a Unichip or something similar in all he is going to get is ....No No it must be a Motec or Autronic ......& yeah fit the computer first because then each time you do a mod you only have to spend another $600 getting another tune up. If your car is running well with the mods you have now I can see no reason a fuel pump will make any difference.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:52 AM
Flat Four Father

mr_psi at standard level

yer well i have got a group buy with the power fc comes early next month just askin to see wether i should wait and do it at the same time
Old 01-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Flat Four Father

mr_psi at standard level

and as d-generate said i am putting all these mods together to do one humunganormous tune and thats it no more farting round wid bolt on mods, just the little stuff like pistons and gearboxs..... fun fun
Old 01-05-2006, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_generate
For fucks sake.....the guy is 19, not everyone can afford or wants to just pull 3 - 4 grand out their arse and put a computer in their car, and the second he suggests putting a Unichip or something similar in all he is going to get is ....No No it must be a Motec or Autronic ......& yeah fit the computer first because then each time you do a mod you only have to spend another $600 getting another tune up. If your car is running well with the mods you have now I can see no reason a fuel pump will make any difference.
Well this 19 year old bloke has pulled money out of his arse for a VF23, inlet, pump, fmic, ebc, and not to mention the WRX in the first place.

If he wants to go ahead and modify his car without doing something as critical as some sort of engine management system, then he'll also have to pull money out of his arse to replace his engine when it goes bang.

The computer doesnt HAVE to be fitted first but its definitely important to do before massively changing the air flow of the engine IE turbo, FMIC. I guarantee that the money he spends on a computer and running a stock turbo, would make the car faster than it would with the turbo fitted, and NO computer.

No, he does not have to get a Motec. The majority of this forum DONT have Motecs, and you dont see me complaining? I had a Link before my Motec anyway, and I'll still advocate them as a decent ECU for the money.

Even a simple unichip to alter the fuelling and ignition would make a world of difference, and make the whole setup a helluva lot safer!!!

Last edited by BALISTC; 01-05-2006 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_psi
yer well i have got a group buy with the power fc comes early next month just askin to see wether i should wait and do it at the same time
Good man.

Wait for the Power FC, do the pump at the same time, and get it all tuned
Old 01-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Flat Four Father

mr_psi at standard level

shweet then me car should go faster then the donkey it is now
Old 01-05-2006, 10:12 AM

Who is tuning your Power FC??

Tags