Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-07-2012, 09:08 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

All the Poliscan cameras (the VW vans with the stupid back windows, and the X-Trails) are laser, and the handheld speed guns that they use are now laser too.. as I found out on Saturday.

Was coming off the Burswood exit on the Graham Farmer, which goes around a slight bend and goes upwards towards the overpass, and the V1 started going stupid.. I smashed the brakes on, and when I got further up the exit, I saw a cop hiding behind the overpass guard rail with a handheld pinging cars that were coming off that exit.

Definitely saved me, because I believe the V1 copped a reflected signal. If he had read me, I would have been pinged as I am quite sure I hadn't slowed down from the freeway speed at that point.
Old 25-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

Been caught there before too Joe, pre-V1 days. 78 in a 60 because i hadn't wiped the speed from the freeway off yet. Wasn't a happy camper.......
Old 25-07-2012, 12:02 PM

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
All the Poliscan cameras (the VW vans with the stupid back windows, and the X-Trails) are laser, and the handheld speed guns that they use are now laser too.. as I found out on Saturday.

Was coming off the Burswood exit on the Graham Farmer, which goes around a slight bend and goes upwards towards the overpass, and the V1 started going stupid.. I smashed the brakes on, and when I got further up the exit, I saw a cop hiding behind the overpass guard rail with a handheld pinging cars that were coming off that exit.

Definitely saved me, because I believe the V1 copped a reflected signal. If he had read me, I would have been pinged as I am quite sure I hadn't slowed down from the freeway speed at that point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by REXXXED View Post
Been caught there before too Joe, pre-V1 days. 78 in a 60 because i hadn't wiped the speed from the freeway off yet. Wasn't a happy camper.......
Don't assume you didn't get pinged Joe. The hand helds now also have "video recording" and as such the Popo doesn't have to pull you over. You'll receive the infringement in the mail unfortunately.

As a bit of information, I have on a couple of occasions now when in traffic received an alert approx 100m prior to the reversed set up fixed speed camera on Kwinana Freeway in South Perth due to laser scatter.
Old 25-07-2012, 12:08 PM

BALISTC knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB Liberty View Post
Don't assume you didn't get pinged Joe. The hand helds now also have "video recording" and as such the Popo doesn't have to pull you over. You'll receive the infringement in the mail unfortunately.
The fact that they had a coned off area where the 2nd cop was pulling cars over, leads me to think that I'll be just fine
Old 25-07-2012, 01:12 PM

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by REXXXED View Post

As a bit of information, I have on a couple of occasions now when in traffic received an alert approx 100m prior to the reversed set up fixed speed camera on Kwinana Freeway in South Perth due to laser scatter.

Tags
installation, settings, v1