Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Sign me up!
Barge Master

pmh at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralex View Post
Have tried, did work. Comes down to who you get pulling you over and how you respond to them. I'm hardly suggesting it works all the time however.
Agree
I was very courteous the whole time as well
Old 12-12-2012, 07:52 AM
Sir AntiLag

N1GHTH4WK92 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmh View Post
Didn't work
I tried
I did against a TEG and it did work. Admittably at the time I knew nothing about cars and the only thing I had touched were rims. Tried to get me for no cats and a 'pulled back turbo'.
I wasn't a smartarse, didn't raise my voice, wasn't bring defensive or abusive and was let off. Have been pulled over a few times for far worse and let off.

Then again, some cops don't give a fuck. If they pulled you over because they want to sticker you with a vengeance, they will. Plenty of mates who get them within a week of the last sticker off either because they get pulled over for doing something stupid, or they clearly have bad intentions (rear stockies), or make the car dangerous (remove spoiler with 3rd brake light, tint lighting etc).

I have had less trouble since I lowered my car (~60mm with lip on) than before I did. I suspect this is purely because I no longer flat foot it to every single speed limit on every road like I used to.

Tags
check, illegal, mods