Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree30Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 06:48 PM
coming back in 2011

Intra at standard level

The last-time i talked to a dealership about anything mechanical/electronic they suggested to me that "hotting up" the engine was a waste of time and was impossible.

As TJ says... i call this bullshit.
RUSSGT likes this.

Last edited by Intra; 06-08-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:50 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

roflmao at hotting up
Old 06-08-2013, 07:08 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intra View Post
The last-time i talked to a dealership about anything mechanical/electronic they suggested to me that "hotting up" the engine was a waste of time and was impossible.

As TJ says... i call this bullshit.
I can actually top that... The head of servicing at the Subaru dealership in the small town I live in honestly believes that no amount of modifications can possibly make the base platform any more powerful... Years ago I took my car in there with blown gears and got told it was due to my 'aftermarket' exhaust. Wouldn't have happened if it was standard apparently.
Intra likes this.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level

Yep this is getting stupid...Im being called bullshit for just saying what my experience was...I havent even said what dealer it was and wont say either as I wasnt saying this to promote anyone ..
FFS have a thought before calling bullshit! Maybe think a little outside the box that not everyone on this fkn planet had a bad experience with a dealer...otherwise they wouldnt fkn exist anymore.
Maybe im one of the few lucky ones...but dont go calling bullshit when you dont know wtf you're talking about...oh hang on, maybe I should start calling other peoples experiences bullshit too...

Im sure lots of people have had horrible experiences and Im not calling this bullshit...but when they fkd smtg in mine, the quality service I got to resolve it quickly was 5 star.(INTRA/TJ see I am criticising them for fkn up smtg in the first place)...and Im happy with them.

Last edited by RJ999; 06-08-2013 at 07:21 PM. Reason: edit
Old 06-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralex View Post
I was interested to read this thread from its title, but then it all got far too convoluted. What the fuck does MMS doing something wrong to your car have to do with a Verso being read by Subaru? Wait, don't answer, I don't think I care.
Yep I got my answer concerning the ECU Verso'ed and that Subaru can still read it.
Now this thread has turned into ppl going at me for saying that I got better service at a dealer than at a tuner shop
Old 06-08-2013, 07:33 PM
coming back in 2011

Intra at standard level

It's ok.. no need to get all ruffled there young luke skywalker.

Here's something from my experience with dealerships.

I used to ask all kinds of technical questions with so called master mechanics at three large dealerships in Perth. (i'm sure they knew their stuff mechanically but the deep dark inner secrets...not so much) After many unsuccessful attempts to gain some useful knowledge, VERSO was born and we started doing stuff under the cover of darkness at Speedworks many many many moons ago.

Now i'd like to say there's alot of things i know about the internals that a common dealership won't. This includes extra functionality like launch control (both fuel cut and ignition cut), Group N features, locking and unlocking of ecu's and a few other things i really shouldn't speak about because it would be deemed dodge.

Now clearly there's a disconnect between selling/servicing a car versus tinkering with it. I dont expect dealerships to know everything (and why should they), but when they sprout myths its game on.

Regarding my last comment that called "bullshit", that was directed at dealerships not a personal attack.

Pete.
American Dave, TROLLEY and RJ999 like this.

Last edited by Intra; 06-08-2013 at 07:47 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Intra For This Useful Post:
RJ999 (06-08-2013)
Old 06-08-2013, 07:37 PM
coming back in 2011

Intra at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ999 View Post
Yep I got my answer concerning the ECU Verso'ed and that Subaru can still read it.
Now this thread has turned into ppl going at me for saying that I got better service at a dealer than at a tuner shop
You can lock out dealerships from reading the ecu or other "tuning" shops too.

Depends on how you do it.

Locking a "verso" ecu to a single workshop is also possible.

Last edited by Intra; 06-08-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Sir AntiLag

Sharpy.au at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ999 View Post
(and even now months after my service I don't get charged for anything, like had them fit my rear diffuser- free, had them check stuff agin on my car - free, go in to get my headlights adjusted - free, had the car in again to check stuff and readjust belts etc - Free > that is the kind of thing you will never get from a tuner)
You can't deny this sounds rediculously far fetched? Either you suck the service manager off everytime you go in there or this is, at the least, an exaggeration of the truth.

Or your local dealership is going to go bankrupt coz you can't run a business like that for long

Last edited by Sharpy.au; 06-08-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

You sound like the customer from hell. I tell you why you got called bullshit. Because everytime you wrote a reply to someone it goes off in some other direction that is completely of topic for no apparent reason. Its like your so fucking excited to own a wrx you just have to tell everyone everything you think you know haha
Old 06-08-2013, 07:53 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

ah the old speedworks garage, there was some black magic going on in Jan 2006 for my old pig sti and we never looked back

Tags
ecu, reading, subaru, verso