Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree30Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 03:41 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Why are you telling me this? I never said anything about subaru and getting your car serviced there. I purchased the exact same insurance for my rex. After doing so my mate who works at a dealership gave me a dealer booklet that explains the insurance. Basically they have a way out of almost every claim. For example they will not cover detenation of your engine. Or broken gears. And if you do make a claim they will have a representative come and do their own evaluation seperate to the to the workshop where you get it serviced. I didnt ask for you to justify your decision to buy the insurance. To be honest i have no idea why you asked your original question because by the sounds of it you already have it all worked out in your head.

Basically take the risk and hope that they dont check your ecu in the case that you make a claim..
Old 06-08-2013, 03:56 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

mavx4 at standard level

so which Subaru Dealer do you work for
teejay, TROLLEY, mitchwnz and 5 others like this.

19.5psi tune 271.6HP@6000 351.3NM@4700
Old 06-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Sign me up!
Baller on a budget

V3 RA at standard level
Send a message via MSN to V3 RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Why are you telling me this? I never said anything about subaru and getting your car serviced there. I purchased the exact same insurance for my rex. After doing so my mate who works at a dealership gave me a dealer booklet that explains the insurance. Basically they have a way out of almost every claim. For example they will not cover detenation of your engine. Or broken gears. And if you do make a claim they will have a representative come and do their own evaluation seperate to the to the workshop where you get it serviced. I didnt ask for you to justify your decision to buy the insurance. To be honest i have no idea why you asked your original question because by the sounds of it you already have it all worked out in your head.

Basically take the risk and hope that they dont check your ecu in the case that you make a claim..
If they have a way out of every claim like you say, who gives a fuck what the OP does with the ecu!
Master D likes this.

JDM version 3 STi RA
Old 06-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Subaru Tech Division

thehowlfactor knows their stuff

I would take a business whose major interest is tuning, repairing and servicing cars over one whose is selling them any day. Once the car leave the sales yard they don't get a shit.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ999 View Post
and dealers for your normal servicing.
Pipe down!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavx4 View Post
so which Subaru Dealer do you work for
LOL dont work for them...but I know it sounded like it.

Sorry I didn't want to start a discussion about dealers/tuners...but just from my experience being new to the Subaru side of things - I've had shit service and attitude from some tuners, and quality service/attitude from the dealer...thats why I was saying this. (and even now months after my service I don't get charged for anything, like had them fit my rear diffuser- free, had them check stuff agin on my car - free, go in to get my headlights adjusted - free, had the car in again to check stuff and readjust belts etc - Free > that is the kind of thing you will never get from a tuner)

MMS fkd up stuff on my car and didn't own up... dealer will own up immediately and resolve immediately.

Having said that other tuning shops will own up, but seen them fuck up things on other people's cars while I was there...won't mention shops but very scary when you see it.

Also my comment about them telling you that they use shit parts and cheap grade oil - I did check as I wanted to know for sure, and it is a load of crap.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Why are you telling me this? I never said anything about subaru and getting your car serviced there. I purchased the exact same insurance for my rex. After doing so my mate who works at a dealership gave me a dealer booklet that explains the insurance. Basically they have a way out of almost every claim.

Was telling you this as thats what I thought was when the insurance thing tends to be a bit more investigative about the issue.

Tony did you have the top level one that is the manufacturer's warranty basically? or jut the higher level cover.

Thanks for the advice anyway, I will take the risk anyway and tune my car, and will see what happens when the time comes if I need to replace something...

I really believe it will be fine, from what I've been told is they have ways if they want to help you out... I'll have to go through the proces though and hopefully i wont't need to at all :-)

Last edited by RJ999; 06-08-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:08 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ999 View Post
LOL dont work for them...but I know it sounded like it.

Sorry I didn't want to start a discussion about dealers/tuners...but just from my experience being new to the Subaru side of things - I've had shit service and attitude from some tuners, and quality service/attitude from the dealer...thats why I was saying this. (and even now months after my service I don't get charged for anything, like had them fit my rear diffuser- free, had them check stuff agin on my car - free, go in to get my headlights adjusted - free, had the car in again to check stuff and readjust belts etc - Free > that is the kind of thing you will never get from a tuner)

MMS fkd up stuff on my car and didn't own up... dealer will own up immediately and resolve immediately.

Having said that other tuning shops will own up, but seen them fuck up things on other people's cars while I was there...won't mention shops but very scary when you see it.

Also my comment about them telling you that they use shit parts and cheap grade oil - I did check as I wanted to know for sure, and it is a load of crap.
I quote absolute bullshit on an 06/7 diffuser being fitted for free by a Subaru dealer. It is a massive job.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
I quote absolute bullshit on an 06/7 diffuser being fitted for free by a Subaru dealer. It is a massive job.
Mate...no bullshit...even I was surprised when they offered to fit my rear diffuser...best customer service I've had from any car dealer, seriously. And like I said the ongoing stuff I get check..they always happy to assist...
Old 06-08-2013, 06:28 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

I was interested to read this thread from its title, but then it all got far too convoluted. What the fuck does MMS doing something wrong to your car have to do with a Verso being read by Subaru? Wait, don't answer, I don't think I care.
TROLLEY likes this.

Tags
ecu, reading, subaru, verso