Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Storage or sell? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/55636-storage-sell.html)

AWDmoke 21-08-2013 03:32 PM

You can get Laid Up Insurance quite cheaply if it's to be in storage, but I'd be inclined to sell it. You'll probably be driving a Hilux after 6 months in the country.

American Dave 21-08-2013 03:48 PM

Leave it with me. I will store it and give it a regular drive until you come back. Problem solved.

RUSSGT 21-08-2013 03:49 PM

Sell it.

Zombee 22-08-2013 12:59 PM

[QUOTE=Kimba;767276]Firstly, I think it's a very healthy decision to take a break from the daily grind and reconnect with your family. Hats off to you for making it happen.[/QUOTE]

Cheers mate, I was crapping myself when I went to ask the boss. He just said, 'mate, I did the same thing when I was your age with a young family. Leave approved, enjoy your break - just make sure you come back'

Sweet :D

As for the car. I do enjoy driving it for sure and its an awesome machine, but its not my dream car. Don't know if I even have a dream car at this stage of my life. As the topic suggests, there's more important things to me atm.

I might put it up for sale, if it goes before I leave, great, if not, I'll store it.

mARC 22-08-2013 01:02 PM

[QUOTE=Zombee;767476]As for the car. I do enjoy driving it for sure and its an awesome machine, but its not my dream midlife crisis car.[/QUOTE]

Fixed ;):D

EXPLICIT 22-08-2013 01:47 PM

Sell it, you won't miss it.

urabus 22-08-2013 04:05 PM

Its going to cost you circa $2k to store it for 6 months in rego, storage, insurance etc.

A replacement will cost you that just in stamp duty.

What is the other car? Sell both, buy a range rover and be king of the manor?!

Brendon

nauli 23-08-2013 07:07 AM

Great lifestyle choice Dom...brave but sensible...re the car...hmmm...dunno, though it was a present from your lovely wife was it not? If so perhaps keep!!

Zombee 23-08-2013 09:26 AM

[QUOTE=nauli;767595]Great lifestyle choice Dom...brave but sensible...re the car...hmmm...dunno, though it was a present from your lovely wife was it not? If so perhaps keep!![/QUOTE]

It was a gift Steve, you're correct. But she is the same as me, she has no problem if we sell it.

If I sell it, I would get something cheaper upon my return. As many have said, there's no point getting a car of the same value when I get back as I would go backwards with stamp duty etc.

An EVO 9 perhaps?? haven't had an EVO before.

nauli 23-08-2013 10:36 AM

[QUOTE=Zombee;767613]It was a gift Steve, you're correct. But she is the same as me, she has no problem if we sell it.

If I sell it, I would get something cheaper upon my return. As many have said, there's no point getting a car of the same value when I get back as I would go backwards with stamp duty etc.

An EVO 9 perhaps?? haven't had an EVO before.[/QUOTE]

Focus RS?