Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-09-2013, 09:34 AM
Sir AntiLag

Sethi3 at standard level
Default New Kumho high performance tyre

Looks like Kumho has released a new high performance tyre:

New ultra high performance tyre from Kumho

I wonder how will it compare to their own ku36 and other brands like AD08R and RS3
Old 25-09-2013, 09:48 AM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level

lol different tread for front tyres and rears doing different thing...can't rotate...sound like something that will be car specific like what Pirrelli does with it's Corsa Systems made for Ferraris/Lambos/R8s/Zondas where the rears are fatter and fronts are less wide...

Doesn't look like it will be for normal sport cars, supercar only material there.

I'd like to see a Ferrari or Lambo come with a Kumho as stock tyres...that would be ultra LOL

Guess it was worth a shot Kumho, for the billionaire who wants to save on tyres on his new Lambo as he's a cheapo...HAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi3 View Post
Looks like Kumho has released a new high performance tyre:

New ultra high performance tyre from Kumho

I wonder how will it compare to their own ku36 and other brands like AD08R and RS3
Old 25-09-2013, 09:53 AM
STI Master

Andy! at standard level

This is interesting...

"The new Kumhos also have different tread patterns at front and rear to cope with the differing requirements. Kumho says “The front tyres have been designed to provide the most agile cornering and cope with the sudden forces of braking while the rear tread optimises drive off turns.”

Seems a lot of effort for a street tyre interesting idea though.

Edit: beaten.

Ps. A lot of cars have different front and rear tyres, not tread (at least not from the factory, seems to be standard fitment on all SS utes though :P) but width etc

Last edited by Andy!; 25-09-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 25-09-2013, 10:25 AM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level

Yep...
the corsa systems for the supercars have different treads, I wanted to try putting a corsa system on my last car but gave up on it due to cost and that it would wear out quick...also no common tyre shop stocking it too.
Was a lost cause anyway and a total noob waste of time with a new car at the time hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy! View Post
Ps. A lot of cars have different front and rear tyres, not tread (at least not from the factory, standard fitment on all SS utes though) but width etc
Old 25-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

JDM_STYLE at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ999 View Post
Yep...
the corsa systems for the supercars have different treads, I wanted to try putting a corsa system on my last car but gave up on it due to cost and that it would wear out quick...also no common tyre shop stocking it too.
Was a lost cause anyway and a total noob waste of time with a new car at the time hahaha
Corsas came on the 204 from factory and were awesome but couldn't be farked spending the amount they were going for once they wore out so I cheaped out and went the KU36's which imo are a great tyre.

If these new Kuhmo's are priced ok I'll probs grab a set.

221.7KW-ATW 498.5NM MMS ROLLER DYNO & BUILT BY STi NINJAS, BUILD #318/600

EBISU SUBARU, SHIBUYA-KU TOKYO

Tags
high, kumho, performance, tyre